“Definitely Lacking” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Palm-Aire

You added Wyndham Palm-Aire to your Saves list
Wyndham Palm-Aire
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   2601 Palm Aire Drive North, Pompano Beach, FL 33069 (Formerly Palm Aire Resort and Spa)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #12 of 36 Hotels in Pompano Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Definitely Lacking”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

So I may be spoiled...but when I'm checking into a 'resort' I tend to expect certain amenities....the Wyndham Palm-Aire did not deliver. First, the employee who checked me into my room was incredibly rude, attitude up the wazoo. I can never understand this and all I can say is if you don't like working in hospitality please do all of us a favor and find another job. Although the resort failed in a number of ways, I will say that the room itself was well appointed and comfortable. It was clean with newer furniture, etc, a cute little balcony, overall decent. What the resort doesn't advertise is that it is...in an industrial location with construction going on - view from the pool - a construction site - blah! The 'cafe' as they refer to it really isn't. Doesn't open till noon and the choices are sorely limited and are poor quality. The resort itself was not clean - piles of garbage remained in the halls for a solid 36 - 48 hours and although they advertise reciprocity with the beach front Wyndham resorts - when we went to one of those resorts we were told that this reciprocity did not exist. Finally it was darn near impossible to obtain clean beach towels. Each time we went to exchange them...there weren't any clean ones available to switch. Thus I wouldn't recommend this place particularly in a location like Ft. Lauderdale where the choices are abundant.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
Irving, Texas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We checked into room 887 on Saturday and found the guest bathroom shower doesn't drain. Called for service for two days and it is now Monday night and the shower is still stopped up! So annoying!!! Hopefully this review will get someone's attention and when we get back from our day at the beach tomorrow night, the shower will be fixed....

• Stayed July 2013
Fredericksburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

We had a great time at Wyndham Palm Aire! It rained daily, but that was to be expected in Florida. Despite the rain, we were still able to enjoy a day at the beach! Since we had a rental, we drove to Wyndham Vista (less than 10 miles away) and parked on site with our parking pass. The family enjoyed a ride on the Banana Boat which will be in the kids' memory for years to come. The Activity Center at Palm Aire provided family fun games at the pool, themed entertainment in the evenings and movies at the pool (or inside in case of rain). Our two bedroom suite was perfect for our family of 5. Each child had a bed to themselves and room to play. Noise did not seem to carry from one room to the next which was wonderful. The kitchen and bathrooms were clean and the room had a pleasant and freshly cleaned smell. Great overall experience!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

This is a great resort, not many problems, but let's start with the first one. Our first night around 9pm the fire alarm goes off, stating please evacuate theres a fire in the building, we was on the 10th floor, everyone got out safely. The lights flashed until 1:22am. I called the front desk 4 times and was told they was on the way, they will be here at 10:30pm, then I was told they didn't show up another company is coming, and the last time I called, they said, we don't know what time they coming but someone is coming. My son was so afraid from the alarm going off and the lights made it worst. The rest of the stay was fabulous. Everyone does not comply with the no noise hours, it was after 1 pm and guest was still in the pool and using the water slide that was closed, they were walking up the slide and then sliding down, kids and grown ups, no water was on the slide. The 4 bedroom presidential suite was nice, I had expected something more like Governor Green or Bonnet Creek Presidential was it was nice. We also had a 2 bedroom deluxe and that was nice as well. I think Palm Aire needs to revamp the activity center with better games, they need to take at look at Kingsgate game room and follow their lead and make the games free to the guest and just pay that $5 a day fee. I want to give props to Jared who works for Wyndham, he was the lifeguard and helped with snow cones and popcorn. Great guy, good personality, all employees need to be like him and every Wyndham needs a Jared.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

If you're looking for a no frills vacation, this is it. The brochure mentioned a washer and dryer in your room but instead there was a laundry room down the hall. Also, no cleaning or replenishing laundry at all. When I asked for clean bathing towels and beach towels, I was told that I could use the washer and dryer in my room. I mentioned that I did not have those in my room and I was told took either use the laundry on the floor or just call for whatever I needed. Not surprisingly, the desk stopped answering calls. They either did not pick up and/ or sent my calls to an automated answering service to ultimately leave a message.
I have travelled quite a bit and I know good, even excellent service when I see it. Here, the concept
of service is nonexistent.
Oh yes, today there are no towels available at all. We're at the store buying our own.
Nice room, though.

• Stayed July 2013
Winter Haven, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

They will do anything to make sure you are comfortable. I had only a few questions, but they answered them to my satisfaction.

The accommodations are way above average. They treat you better than Starwoods. I am not an owner, but will be when I moved to Florida.

The internet quality is great.

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Pouce Coupe, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I would have liked to give the place five out of five, but I found the professional staff very rude and snobbish. Yet, the maintenance workers, gardeners, and housekeepers were very polite.
When we first arrived, we were dealing with 20 hours of travel. Our shuttle driver got lost, because the entrance isn't really marked clearly. No big deal, it happens. There are several buildings within the compound that just have signs to name the buildings, but no place to figure out where to check in. Apparently, we went to the 'timeshare' reception/spa building first, and the man behind the desk was rude telling me we had the wrong place altogether. Then after fumbling with my paperwork and me staring at him blankly, he laughed and said he was just kidding, that we'd have to go to the 'Fountain' building to check in. Okay, I'm already exhausted, there are five people waiting with a frustrated driver, so there was no need to make me feel stupid. There were no signs on where to do this, or no info emailed to me on this issue. Apparently this is common with the guests who haven't been there before and his sarcastic tone just reinforced that a lot of people walk in there asking for their room (it does look like the check in building because there aren't multiple floors on this one). We had three more people meeting us there later in the week and they had the exact same problem with confusion to the driver and lack of labelling despite us texting them clear directions. So, again, no big deal. I walk into the 'Fountain' building, and Jennifer was great. She jumped up, introduced herself, was friendly got us settled right away. A real sweetheart! The room was amazing! There's a grocery store a short walk away, and we stocked our fridge for our four day stay. There's also a Walmart across the road, and a Casino, if your interested. It's huge.
Also, for a Canadian, finding liquor in a grocery store was super! The kids, (my adult children) bought beer for a quarter of the price you would pay in Canada. The fruit was fresh and delicious. Ruby Tuesdays is just across the road also, and the service and the food is great!
There were dishes, a full kitchen and even a washer and dryer in the room. They even leave you soap! Oh and a dishwasher, with soap! Now for a mom with four grown messy kids there, it was like the light from heaven opened up, halleluiah! For a two bedroom, AND a sofa bed in the livingroom, I paid 1000 bucks for four days and I had six people there. I couldn't ask for a better deal. There were activities all day, a bar by the pool, which there were several of besides hottubs, minigolf and volley ball. Our kids were never bored. There are activities for ALL ages too. It was nice to have a variety of ages around.
Back to service!
Unfortunately one of the kids broke a bowl, so I went down to settle the account. The woman behind the reception desk in the 'Fountain' building spent five seconds talking to me before she turned and high fived another employee and started conversing with him like I didn't exist. Did I mention we were in the middle of a conversation? I had to wait until she was done before she turned back and seemed rather bored by my question. Okay, again, no big deal. I decided that the maintenance staff and housekeepers were the friendliest besides Jennifer.
The timeshare experience!
I was offered free tickets on the Jungle Queen to sit through a time share (just so you know, there are other tickets to chose from). 90 minutes...HA! Three hours later. Now I knew it would be longer, because they always are, but come on! Three hours? The guy did everything but offer to father my future children to get us to take a timeshare and it was too pushy and too fake. Every sales rep there made sure we knew that they were "...an owner." We've been through these before, but three hours is awful. They show this ridiculous video that goes on for-ever, and I felt like I was being offered a place in a cult. We were clearly 'outside the circle' until we became an owner, then we would be accepted...please, I wasn't born yesterday. The video was about people stating how a Wyndham timeshare enriched their lives....blech! It was couple after couple and family after family of all races and ages being interviewed. In fact I think they covered the whole planet in cultural differences who ALL said the same thing, like I didn't get it after the first dozen interviews...YAWN! I would have much rather watched a video on room layouts, locations, etc. not that crap. It totally turned me off. I put that in my comment card too.
Of course, like any sales rep, no money is discussed until you are locked in a cubicle with the man. I told him no, but it still went on for a half an hour. He told me I was wasting money, wasting my life not having a Wyndham timeshare. Apparently he thought he knew me really well. I told him that was his opinion. We only vacation once a decade and why would I want high interest loan from Wyndham to pay for a timeshare that we won't use. He said "Well you can gift it to your children." Really? Why the Hell would I want to do that? I could use that money for a new car, with low interest.
Anyway, I know it doesn't seem like it, but my husband and I were polite. He was mostly polite except when we refused him. He got pushy. Just once, I'd like for these guys to say, "Well, thanks for your time. Bye."
Now back to the stay. It was worth it. The Jungle Queen tour was GREAT!!!! It probably was worth the three hours of time-share propaganda. So if you don't want to spend 86 bucks, it would be worth your time.
I also didn't mind the fact that there were no housekeepers for the four days. We managed just fine. I really would pity the cleaner that came in every day with the busy kids I brought with us. Besides the place was squeaky clean when we checked in. Lovely.

Room Tip: Just so you know, our friends had a one bedroom suite and said it was perfect too! So whatever you...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
3.5 of 5 stars 462 reviews
Beachcomber Resort and Villas
#7 of 36 in Pompano Beach
4.0 of 5 stars 993 reviews

Been to Wyndham Palm-Aire? Share your experiences!