“Family vacation” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Palm-Aire

You added Wyndham Palm-Aire to your Saves list
Wyndham Palm-Aire
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   2601 Palm Aire Drive North, Pompano Beach, FL 33069 (Formerly Palm Aire Resort and Spa)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #12 of 36 Hotels in Pompano Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Caracas, Venezuela
“Family vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Third time in this hotel. Excellent. Nice staff. Clean and quiet room with 2 tvs, good beds, excelent kitchen,. Good gym with cardio machines, free weights and nautilus styles machines. Good pools, pin pong table, mini golfs, games room with a pool table. There are good restaurants and grocery stores close to the hotel. Perfect for a family vacation.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

This was our first time staying a this Wyndham and I agree with some others that the location isn't as convenient to the beach as I had hoped. I did enjoy the smoke free casino across the street and we we did some some great local restaurants. I loved the area for walking and riding bikes and there is a great residential area not too far away. The weather was a bit cool o we didn't use the pools.

While we were there I found a great little spa that I don't believe is part of Wyndham but is located on the property. The manager,I believe her name was Melanie was so professional and made me feel like I was in a Five Star Spa. Even if I don't visit the Wyndham again I will vist the Soliel Spa anytime I am in the Fort Lauderdale area.

I think this Wyndham just needs some updating but if you are looking for a location off the beaten path don't cross this off your list.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the pool but on a high floor
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

Beautiful property, lush and very inviting. We were misguided by the staff especially of the location. We were told we were between Fort Lauderdala and Miami not true. Staff was very courteous and the rooms were very well decorated. Would visit again and will have our own transportation.

Room Tip: If you like being cozy the studio apartment is the best.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

Positives: pools and landscape is above average. Nice kids playground and mini golf as well. Stayed in main building on 7th floor which is nice. Saw some other buildings that were not as up to date.
Negatives: pools are shaded till 11am. Only 1 pool is heated. Others too cold in winter months. Location is a minimum 15 minute drive to the beach. Upon check in you get a parking pass and coupons. You are offered a personal (survey) which is a 2 hour timeshare presentation! You do NOT have to do this. I highly recommend not signing up for this or simply skip it. You will thank me for this!

• Stayed December 2012
SGV, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

The resort is nice, well maintained grounds, especially if you stay in the building face the pool. The location of the resort is not that great--not close to beach, it's about 5-10 min drive from the water (depending on traffic). There is a fixed time shuttle (9-am going and 2-pm return) taking you to Wyndham's sister resort that is right on the beach; however, they do not provide beach chairs. Either bring $$ to rent one or bring extra towls to sit on. The beach is beautiful and waves were calm. Pompano Beach area is so-so, not much to do there. Fr Lauderdale and South Beach are south of the area; they are driveable--takes 40 min or so to get to Miami.

I heard a lot of siren going by while I stayed there last week, I'm assuming that there's a fire house or ambulance rest-stop near by.

Bottom line is that the resort itself is nice, but over-all it does not give you the usual "resort" feel because it's location and surrounding area.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pool make you feel you are in a resort, but could be noisy becuase the buildings ar...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
St. Petersburg, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for a week, after staying at another Wyndham property in the area. We would have enjoyed staying at the other property where we had been, the Wyndham sea gardens. The location was boring and kind of ugly, far from the beach and anything we wanted to do. Inland Pompano beach is drab, and supposedly there was a golf course but i never saw it. It would probably be a good place for people with kids as there were lots of pools and kid stuff. They had a great gym, friendly staff, if a little pushy for the time share sales push. The property feels a little run down but not terrible or anything.

• Stayed December 2012
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights December 10th -December 12th and had a great stay!

Check in: We requested an early check in & the lady at the front desk had a horrible attitude. I explained to her that I called earlier and just wanted to put my name on a list in case a room became available earlier. I guess she could tell I was slightly annoyed by how rude she was and all of a sudden a room instantly became available and she could check us in. They required a credit card with a $150 hold which is removed 1-2 business days after checking out. She gave us our keys and told me to head over to another desk to get our parking pass and "Welcome Package".

At the other desk another guy gave us some information on things to do in the area, our parking pass and signed us up for a free $75 American Express gift card. My husband had no idea it was a timeshare presentation but I did. He said we'd get a free lunch and to come by around 11:45am the following day to get our welcome gift. He never said it was a presentation. When we got in the car I explained that to my husband and he said let's give a shot anyways I always wanted to get some information on timeshares, how much they are and how they work.

Room: We had a 2 bedroom 2 bathroom unit! This is all that was available when we booked back in April 2012. The place was fantastic! Very clean, modern and up to date. The king size bedroom had an awesome jacuzzi bathtub & huge bathroom attached. Our balcony looked out to the pool and there was music playing until about 10pm. This did not bother us at all, but for some people it would. We were in the Sable building room #285. The kitchen was very nice, there was also a washer & dryer. The second bedroom had 2 full size beds and another bathroom attached. Overall we enjoyed the unit!

Location: This property is close to everything! There is a Wal-mart directly across the street and about 5-10 minutes away there are tons of restaurants. We even went to the Sawgrass Mall which is about 20 minutes away to check that out too & it was amazing!

Timeshare Presentation: When we got there we had to fill out a form asking our about incomes and marital status. Then we were assigned a representative named George. He asked us if we wanted lunch which we both declined but we did have some soda. He then talked about vacationing and traveling and how important it is to him. He went on about his life and how he has a timeshare that he loves. About an hour in he finally started to go over pricing which my husband was asking about the whole time $44,000 is the price list he gave us. He then explained today is the only day to get this deal and we better act fast. My husband and I laughed. No way were we going to pay that or a make a decision on the spot like that. He went on and on and brought other people over with other "deals". Overall we were there for a little over 2 hours. We finally got out of it, got our $75 gift card and a t-shirt and vowed to never go to another one of those again. Do yourself a favor & don't waste your time.

Overall: The property was very nice & we would definitely stay again, just be sure to stay away from the timeshare presentation.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Wyndham Palm-Aire? Share your experiences!