“ONE OF THE MOST BEAUTIFUL PLACES TO STAY IN AREA” 5 of 5 stars

Royal Flamingo Villas
1225 Hillsboro Mile (Rte. A1A), Hillsboro Beach, Pompano Beach, FL 33062   |
Ranked #2 of 35 hotels in Pompano Beach
Rome, Italy
“ONE OF THE MOST BEAUTIFUL PLACES TO STAY IN AREA”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I have been going to Royal Flamingo Villas for years. The staff are great, the property is beautiful, the experience is total relaxation. We normally stay in one of the villas on the beach side and everything is so beautiful. It's easy to see if you've come here before you know the reason why people keep coming back. 10 years can't be wrong. Enjoy our stay every year and will be back next year.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

77 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

We rented a 2 bedroom villa one row from the ocean and it was terrible. Cracked light panels in kitchen, cracked ceiling paint in bathroom, the bed in the main bedroom was two singles pushed together to make a king, it pushes apart too easily if you even try to lay in the middle. The bathrooms were cramped and the water got cold fast. Overall I wouldn't recommend this place and I won't be returning again.

• Stayed February 2013
South Bend, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

A group of my friends headed to south Florida for a reunion of sorts. At first, I was very skeptical about staying here. I've stayed at other "villa" properties before and they were not very nice. This place was perfect for us. Half of it is seconds from the beach. The outside property areas were clean and well maintained. The villa units are nice but not 5 star caliber. For a place to cook and crash it worked. The best parts of the property are the pool area, elevated beach area, and access to the ocean. The only downside is the property is located about 1.5 miles from the restaurant and bar area. So bring your walking shoes if you want nightlife. We had a car but parking in the nightlife area is difficult to find. Also, it is a $65 cab ride from the Fort Lauderdale airport. Overall, I would definately return to the Royal Flamingo Villas for a little R&R.

Room Tip: Try to get a villa as close to the beach as possible.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Lodi, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

We recently stayed at the Royal Flamingo Villas during the first week of November and we had a great stay and experience. The Villa was a 2 bedroom directly on the beach and the home had everything that we needed to have a comfortable stay. The pool was a short walk and was clean and pretty. The staff was very friendly and made us feel welcome. We are planning on making this resort our home away from home when we are staying in the South Florida Area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

I had my destination wedding here in October 2012 and couldn't have been happier with the beautiful property with manicured grounds, the villas and staff. We reserved 7 villas for our group and or was perfect. In fact, our guests loved it so much that we all want to go back for our first anniversary. Great Restaurants within mile and close to grocery stores and liquor store.
We highly reccommend this place. Nice private beach, great pool and the Intracoastal is beautiful too.

• Stayed October 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012 via mobile

We chose RFV because the reviews and photos from TA. Quite frankly I was a bit nervous about going to this general area after about a month long search for a decent (price & accommodations) place to stay.
The staff were very nice. The housekeeper was there daily( except Sun) even though we declined service a few times. Someone mentioned that the staff entered your villa without informing you- not true. Even the guy spraying for bugs asked permission before he entered our Villa. By the way we saw NO bugs or mouse droppings ANYWHERE. The grounds are beautiful, and this includes the pool. The pool as well as the beach were not overcrowded, which was great because those were the children's main focus. The Villas are very clean and you have free wifi. By the way we stayed in Villa M, and there is a safe in the MB for valuables. On the beach, I didn't see the cute little cabana's but RFV did provide you with beach chairs if you needed extra or were without. Unfortunately there was litter on the beach, which saddens me. I've never seen litter on any of the previous beaches we have stayed on (mainly SC Beaches), except maybe chewing gum paper here or there. This beach had a lot of bottles and other plastic things.
The downs of our stay at RFV were the lizards... you couldn't walk 5 feet without seeing these huge/ fat lizards. The only safe spots from the lizards were INSIDE the pool and the BEACH, and they are NOT afraid of humans unlike the lizards I'm used to seeing. Also our Villa had a lot of GLASS furniture, not exactly baby/toddler friendly. The flat screens were great, but it was only 2 of them and we we had a 2BR Villa. So one bedroom was lacking. New electrical jacks/ covers would have been great as the ones in the Villa obviously are the same from when it was first built with layers of paint. Bathrooms were not the best/ biggest BUT THEY WERE CLEAN. Parking was free which is great!
Overall, the place was a great stay and my number one complaint were the lizards:) The eating areas were very close by. Sawgrass Mill and Boca R? Shopping areas are within 20-30 minutes away. Parking sucks, but Valet Parking was just 8 bucks at Sawgrass.
Warning: Drive at your own risk! Local drivers are terrible!

• Stayed June 2012
Coral Springs, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

My review is a little late as my family and I stayed here for last July 4 but I'm sure the review is still relevant. I rented out two villas for a week at the Royal Flamingo, one on the beach side and one on the intracoastal side. Overall, this was a fantastic hotel -- priced well, easy, unfettered access to the beach and exceedingly relaxing. First, the rooms. Now, this is where it can be hit or miss. As the units are individually owned, it's up to the owner to renovate when necessary and stock the unit with appropriate cooking equipment, linens, etc. So, the unit on the intracoastal side that I had was not great. It was dated and the available equipment was sparse. In addition, when we checked in, one of the tubs was clogged with a LOT of human hair. On the positive side, they came out immediately to fix the problem AND discounted us 2 days worth of rates! Excellent management, in my opinion. On the positive side, the other unit we rented (and another that friends of ours rented) on the beach side were fully updated, airy, plush and well stocked. So, when you call to book, simply ask management that you want an updated unit. If one is available, they will give it to you because, after all, they want the guests to have a great time so they will return. You may ask why I give the place 5 stars if my room wasn't that great -- the reason is that the grounds are so nice that we spent very little time in the room and, frankly, it was more than adequate for a laid back vacation. If you are looking for a luxurious vacation, this isn't it... I'll go to the Half Moon in Jamaica for that. The grounds are well manicured and taken care of and the pool is excellent. I understand that they were renovating shortly after we left so it's probably better now. The beach in front of the grounds was also surprisingly good. The weather was fairly calm so the kids could get in and have a great time and it was also much clearer than I expected. Even better, hardly anyone was on that stretch of beach. To the left and right of us, the beach was fairly crowded but only Royal Flamingo guests used oru stretch of beach and you had plenty of room. In my opinion, there's nothing worse than a crowded beach where you have to worry about the kids disrupting other people. One negative is that the cool beach chairs with the little canopies that they show on their site are not there. I don't know if they ever were but I would suggest that they remove those pictures as they are misleading. The one upgrade that I would suggest to the hotel is to add a little grill restaurant by the pool. If we were able to purchase a quick sandwich or burger, we would have been outside from dawn to dusk. Alas, because the place is bare bones with few amenities, you have to either prepare all your meals or eat out/get delivery. That's not all bad but having something on site would have been great. So, overall, I think this is a great hotel for the price and a fantastic way to bond with the family with little else to do but swim together, play on the beach and relax.

Room Tip: Ask them for an updated room!! And if you can, stay on the beach side... it just makes it much easi...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Royal Flamingo Villas? Share your experiences!