We chose RFV because the reviews and photos from TA. Quite frankly I was a bit nervous about going to this general area after about a month long search for a decent (price & accommodations) place to stay.
The staff were very nice. The housekeeper was there daily( except Sun) even though we declined service a few times. Someone mentioned that the staff entered your villa without informing you- not true. Even the guy spraying for bugs asked permission before he entered our Villa. By the way we saw NO bugs or mouse droppings ANYWHERE. The grounds are beautiful, and this includes the pool. The pool as well as the beach were not overcrowded, which was great because those were the children's main focus. The Villas are very clean and you have free wifi. By the way we stayed in Villa M, and there is a safe in the MB for valuables. On the beach, I didn't see the cute little cabana's but RFV did provide you with beach chairs if you needed extra or were without. Unfortunately there was litter on the beach, which saddens me. I've never seen litter on any of the previous beaches we have stayed on (mainly SC Beaches), except maybe chewing gum paper here or there. This beach had a lot of bottles and other plastic things.
The downs of our stay at RFV were the lizards... you couldn't walk 5 feet without seeing these huge/ fat lizards. The only safe spots from the lizards were INSIDE the pool and the BEACH, and they are NOT afraid of humans unlike the lizards I'm used to seeing. Also our Villa had a lot of GLASS furniture, not exactly baby/toddler friendly. The flat screens were great, but it was only 2 of them and we we had a 2BR Villa. So one bedroom was lacking. New electrical jacks/ covers would have been great as the ones in the Villa obviously are the same from when it was first built with layers of paint. Bathrooms were not the best/ biggest BUT THEY WERE CLEAN. Parking was free which is great!
Overall, the place was a great stay and my number one complaint were the lizards:) The eating areas were very close by. Sawgrass Mill and Boca R? Shopping areas are within 20-30 minutes away. Parking sucks, but Valet Parking was just 8 bucks at Sawgrass.
Warning: Drive at your own risk! Local drivers are terrible!
- Also Known As:
- Royal Flamingo Villas Hotel Pompano Beach
- Royal Flamingo Villas Hotel
- Royal Flamingo Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Flamingo Villas are conveniently located between Boca Raton and Fort Lauderdale. You wonâ€™t find a more beautifully secluded, laid back property on the entire gold coast. The Royal Flamingo Villas offers there 300-foot private ocean beach, a heated pool, expansive tropical grounds, picturesque patios, thatched-roof tiki huts ideal for seaside picnics and so much more. Each of there villas are stylishly decorated, incredibly spacious and full of all the amenities we know and love. And best of all, the villas are minutes away from excellent restaurants, bustling nightlife, great shopping and exciting ocean activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Royal Flamingo Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.