“Another good reason to visit swansea.” 5 of 5 stars

You added Premier Inn Swansea North to your Saves list
Premier Inn Swansea North
Upper Forest Way, Morriston, Swansea SA6 8WB, Wales   |
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Morriston
“Another good reason to visit swansea.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012 via mobile

Having originally stayed at the Premier inn in Swansea back in late 2010 and finding the hotel to be very clean and comfortable, and the staff to be friendly and welcoming, i was delighted to have the oppertunity to stay there again,
Once again the room was very clean, and comfortable, the staff were friendly and helpful, as were the staff in the adjoining Taybarns restaurant, all in all it made being away from home on a business trip relaxing and enjoyable,
My compliments to the management and staff at. Premier inn Swansea.

• Stayed March 2012

226 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Reading, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

Booking in, hotel and room excellent, both comfortable and clean. However, the adjacent resturant, Taybarns was dreadfull. Its a £7.99 eat all you can. The food was tasteless and the place was full of niosy famlies having childrens birthday parties... full of screaming kids and people stuffing their faces with as much as they can, not a pleasent experiance and no beer only lager or cider.
The experiance was not something I would like to repeat. I expect that the sausages on offer in the evening were the same one available for the previous breakfast or the next day.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

I would like to start by a quote 'With over 600 budget hotels offering quality accommodation at cheap hotel prices'.
Okay, well, I suppose I could blame the Google SatNav or just my plain bad luck but I found myself at 6'ish on Saturday night in February searching for a Swansea hotel and it came up with Premier Inns...brrrr! But I thought, hold on, that's not so bad, after all...from £29 pounds!
Alas, £29 pounds magically turned into £67 - remember, this was Feb 26th hardly a time of year to visit Wales.
So desperate for somewhere to stay, I coughed up the lolly. The room was functional, a cross between Ikea and B&Q (for the English reader). PI seem to like plasticky things, the soap dispenser squeezed out some dribble of blue gunge and a similar dispenser was positioned by the sink. The loo looked clean but the little plastic dispenser dolled out little squares of thin tissue paper one by one...a frustrating experience. You get coffee and tea in your room but that's it; don't expect 'hotel' facilities - bar, restaurant, lounge. Going back to the TV ad, you get the impression that it is somewhere to take your girlfriend for a naughty weekend - doubt that, it is purely functional, a tidy room with bed and tv. Now, of course you want to eat don't you? Well, facilities are provided in the form of the 'Taybarn'; it's an 'eat as much as you can' place with a broad range of food for all palates, so you can add another 20 odd pounds to that 67 making £97. Of course, if you want to laze around in the lounge for drinks later in the evening, the hotel has nothing - it's the Taybarn or nothing.
The BIG problem with the Taybarn is the clientele. Call me a snob but I was hungry and went there to have a meal I could enjoy. Surrounded by screaming kids was not my idea of a 'nice' atmosphere. But to make it worse (and remember I was hungry) the clientele who were not kids were gross! I'm talking obese with a capital O! I cannot adequately describe the shapeless blobs who went time and again up to the wide range of food for another plateful of scoff. This had the effect of putting me off eating, so for my money I sat munching through salad (quite okay) - I thoroughly recommend this eatery if you are trying to keep your weight down and have a social conscience - these people are going to cost the NHS (that's us) a packet. So the night ended with me practically £100 out of pocket, tired, hungry, and on a bed that had sagged in the middle - not the pleasant experience I was hoping for.
I think then, for £100 for one night in a double bed room I could probably have done better and enjoyed the experience.
There were other hotels (not close enough at that time) that were £125 and stated as 'opulent' including breakfast for 2, I had spent over £100 and no breakfast (an extra 14 pounds for 2) and no facilities.
So, I think it is fair to say Premier Inns are not the best experience - and catch them at the wrong time (which seems most of the time) they are not cheap.
I'm sure that some time you can get a cheap £29 pound room from them - that would be a fair price, but it appears you have to book on the web about 3 months in advance.
I have to commend the staff who were bright, cheerful and helpful, Premier Inns you are very lucky with your staff!
Would I recommend Premier Inns? for what? If I were a businessman I would want to be able to relax after working - not possible, you sit on your bed and watch telly with a cuppa tea. As a romantic couple? no, the room is spartan, the restaurant is across the car park and frankly horrid.
Although I typed in Swansea, Swansea North is like half an hour or more from the centre (there is another Premier Inn in the center). Maybe I sound like I'm moaning a bit, but the wifey was none too pleased as well. I see that others have stayed for less - good luck to them and yes, the Asda is very handy!
I have classified this as 'Poor' because for £67 you get a basic bedroom - nothing else (other than coffee/tea). By the end you are paying well over £100 for a pretty bad experience and that to me equates to a poor rating. Remember, the hotel is in a trading estate!
Oh, the Google picture shows the side of the Taybarn rather than the hotel - but just look for a bland red brick building. For some reason called Ramada?

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Kelly L, Social Media at Premier Inn Swansea North, responded to this review, February 29, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay. Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to improve standards as we endeavour to meet all of our customers needs. Thank you once again for your review.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012 via mobile

I stay at Premier Inn's regular and this one is as you expect, comfortable and clean. However this is the first one I have stayed at with a Taybarn Ultimate Eatery next door. This is an all you can eat buffet style diner which is full of locals and their screaming kids stuffing their faces. I left as the table next to me continued to eat as they ignored their 6 year old lying on the floor in a screaming tantrum. (poor kid probably felt like I did) The food was not appetising and looked passed it as it sat under the warming lamps. My lesson learned, not to stay at a Premier Inn with a Taybarn next door again.

• Stayed February 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. At Premier Inn we endeavour to ensure all our guests enjoy a relaxing stay in a comfortable environment and do apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please be assured your comments have been noted and will be followed up with the Management Team at our hotel. Your feedback is very much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn in the future.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2012

Stayed here 2 nights, average of £34 per night for 3 person family room, clean and comfortable and not noisy , must be good value. Did not use Taybarns next door. 24hour Asda adjacent is handy. No problems free parking.

Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2012

A Premier Inn - not much more to say other than it does not have a lift. So if you do not fancy lugging your bags upstairs make sure you ask for a ground floor room.

The Taybarn restaurant on the site is excellent value for money with a superior buffet/carvery.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012

I have used a number of Premier Inns in this area over the past few years. This one is close to the M4 exit but on the edge of a soulless industrial park. There is nothing of interest nearby (unless you get excited by Asda supermarkets). The room was what you would expect from a Premier Inn, down to the picture on the wall.

The downside to this establishment is the Taybarn that serves as the restaurant. The breakfast was Premier Inn standard but the evening meal was dire - a poorly cooked and presented buffet. Go elsewhere for food.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family

Been to Premier Inn Swansea North? Share your experiences!