“The website is deceiving” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Great Florida Savings!
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Plantation
Philadelphia
“The website is deceiving”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Here for one night on business and I booked based on the photos online. I booked a king room and based on the photos online it looked new and modern with a comfy sofa and ottoman thingy I thought would be perfect for finishing my power presentation. What I actually got was an older definitely well loved hotel room. The sofa is very worn, curtains are torn and dingy, no comfy ottoman thing. I called the front desk and the girl (who is very sweet and helpful) says that those are pictures of the proposed renovations and there are currently no rooms like that here....Hmmmmm...then why put them on your site Marriott!?!. Feeling like I should have just paid the extra $ and stayed at the Renaissance, even though it's further from my destination. Although maybe those pictures aren't accurate either.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Paul J, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Plantation, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Thank you for submitting your feedback regarding your stay at the Plantation Courtyard. Please accept my sincerest apologies that we failed to meet your expectations after looking at the pictures from our website. We are obviously very excited about the renovation we have just started and have posted pictures of what our new rooms will look like. I can assure you that those pictures are very close to what our rooms will look like. But, again I apologize for the current inconsistencies contributing to your poor experience. I would love to personally invite you back so you can actually experience a product that will match the service you you came accross. Thank you againn for choosing to stay with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

I would've given this hotel a "3" because it is old, but clean; understaffed, but the one person on duty was professional and courteous. But two factors were so negative, I'll never stay here again - and I stay at Marriott properties exclusively unless they're just not available. First, I went down to get some dinner at the "Bistro" café now ubiquitous in Courtyards. Their convenience and food quality outweighs the high prices. However as I walked up to this one - it was somewhat dark, unmanned and I wasn't sure if it was even open (although it was about 7pm). But what overtook me was a nauseating smell! It was like a refrigerator had stopped working and milk or other dairy spoiled. I wouldn't have ordered a bottled beer (had some one been there to take my order!) The other problem was some group that was having a small convention or something. Unfortunately their "headquarters" - beginning about midnight - was the room next to mine. Just normal conversation - charged by alcohol - passed right through the walls. People kept coming and going - the door constantly slamming. Finally, when they started yelling and screaming, I called the front desk and they immediately called the room. On a scaled of 1 to 10 I'd say the noise dropped from 15 to 7. But it built back up. More people coming in and out. Finally I went out and hollered at them saying I was calling the police if they didn't break up (by now it was 1:30am). They immediately left, a couple saying "sorry". But now, I'm wide awake writing to Tripadvisor, with an important meeting early in the morning.. There's a university nearby, so maybe that contributed - so lesson learned: if you're a business traveler with work to do in the morning - this is definitely not what your looking for.

Room Tip: I can't recommend this hotel.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Paul J, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Plantation, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
We appreciate the time you have taken to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. I sincerely apologize that we did not meet your expectations during your stay. This is not typical of our property and I apologize again for this opportunity that we will use to improve upon our product and services. Please know that your issues will be addressed accordingly. If you would like to discuss this matter further I am available for you. We do greatly appreciate that you did choose to stay with us and hope that this isolated experience does not deter you from staying with us again. Again, please accept my apologies for the issues you experienced.
Edgartown, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

After a seven day trip to the Keys we spent our last vacation night here before an early Monday morning flight out and were pleasantly surprised by the appearance and cleanliness of the entire facility. Courtyard recently renovated the lobby area and it showed. The dining area was nothing special but adequate and a good place for a quick early evening dinner. A short ride to the airport. I would definitely saty here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Paul J, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Plantation, responded to this review, June 1, 2014
We appreciate the time you have taken to write your positive review about the Plantation Courtyard! Thank you for your comments and I will make sure to pass them on to our team. We strive every day to make sure we meet the expectations of our guests. I know there are many hotels to choose from and we are extremely grateful you chose to stay with us. Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit to Plantation.
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

This is what I've come to expect from a Marriott Courtyard hotel. The hotel is very clean and the rate is competitive. It is located in a nice part of Plantation and is convenient to the major malls, Fort Lauderdale airport (10min), Miami Dolphins training facility (5min), and Sun Life stadium (15-25 min).

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to provide these positive comments! We so appreciate you as a valued customer and the fact you chose to stay at the Plantation Courtyard when visiting our area when there are a multitude of options. I will make sure our team knows they accomplished our daily goal of meeting customer expectations. We look forward to the next time you visit Plantation!
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

I lodged at this hotel from May 23rd through May 26, 2014 (Memorial Day Weekend). I read reviews prior to my stay and was very apprehensive about using this hotel. My stay was nothing short of excellent. I lodged in room 256. The room was very, very clean. The bed was comfortable. Breakfast was included with my room rate each morning. Breakfast options were two cold items, i.e. yogurt parfait, fruit salad or a hot item such as eggs and bacon, etc. coffee and a cold beverage such as orange juice. The bathroom in my room looked a little dated, however, cleanliness is what's most important to me. I'm OCD and have a ritual of checking the bed linen, bathroom, fridge, etc. for any signs that the room was improperly cleaned. I could find nothing to complain about. The check-in process was easy. Amanda at the front desk was always super polite and accommodating. Tammy at The Bistro always assisted me by serving my breakfast items with a smile. Emernese with the housekeeping staff was the best. I ran out of lotion the second day of my stay, I couldn't obtain any from the front desk, but Emernese was able to find some lotion for me and kind of looked out for me throughout my stay. She was eager to help me and never made me feel as though I was a burden. Check-out was out noon, which is the first I've experienced during my travels. Usually check-out is at 11a and I have to request a late check out. I appreciate the default check-out time of noon. I was able to have my breakfast and pack for my trip home without feeling rushed. I will lodge at this establishment the next time I'm in Plantation, Florida.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Paul J, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Plantation, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to provide such wonderful comments about our Courtyard by Marriot in Plantation. I am extremely excited we met your expectations in both product and service. Rest assured we will be celebrating these successes with the team and the part they played to make sure your stay was enjoyable. Thank you again for choosing the Plantation Courtyard and we hope to see you again in the future.
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

After having a hiccup at another location closer to the Ft. Lauderdale beach area, we were in search of a room at 2:00 AM on a Friday night (needless to say, nothing on the beach was available). Calling around, the Courtyard in Plantation had 2 rooms available. We arrived around 3:00 AM and were promptly checked in by the friendly front desk staff. The room was clean and modern. The following morning, we had a bill under our door for one night's stay (we had asked for 2 the morning before). When we inquired about staying Saturday night as well, the staff was quick to accomodate our request, even though the room had been booked. Again, we were very happy with the customer service we received. At about 10-15 minutes from the major beaches in the Fort Lauderdale area, this property was slightly pricey, but for a clean room in the FLL area, it's a great place to stay!

NOTE: Breakfast is not included in the regular room rate, but is available at a small restaurant in the hotel's lobby. There are also several places to grab a quick meal relatively close to the hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Paul J, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Plantation, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Thank you so much for the feedback you have provided. I am glad to hear that we met your expectations while staying at the Plantation Courtyard. I will make sure to pass on the feedback to our staff as i am sure they will be excited to hear your feedback. We look forward to your next trip to Plantation!
Pooler, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

We stayed here as a part of a wedding group for one night. Room was a little small but clean with updated furnishings and fixtures. Very courteous and accommodating staff. Our a/c stopped working in the middle of the night. We we given a 50 percent credit off the already discounted rate. We were pleased with the way they handled this. Would definitely return.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Paul J, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Plantation, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Plantation Courtyard. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your time with us. I apologize for the AC hiccup, but again, glad to hear we recovered to your satisfaction. We appreciate you providing feedback for us to continue to improve for our guests.

Been to Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Plantation? Share your experiences!