“This was a good stay and a bargain” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft Lauderdale - Plantation

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft Lauderdale - Plantation to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft Lauderdale - Plantation
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1701 North University Drive, Plantation, FL 33322   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #6 of 14 hotels in Plantation
Wurzburg, Germany
“This was a good stay and a bargain”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

We came over from Orlando and had to stay 2 nights until our flight will go. We were suprised positive when we arrived to the hotel. It was really nice. We enjoyed the two nights in the room. It was very quite. We didn't hear anything. The flatscreen was ok. The batchroom nice and clean. The only thing was the window. I want open the window and suddenly I had a problem. The window was closing very, very hard. But finally it works. The climate control and the WIFI was working fine. The breakfast was not that thing. But you can find something to eat. There were several automat in the first floor, where you can buy food and other useful things at night.

The way to the waterfront was a little bit long, because of the trafficlights. The way to the Sawgrass Mills mall is short.

Room Tip: We had a room looking to a neighbor wall. This was not very exciting.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
FLLPL33322, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft Lauderdale - Plantation, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us. We are happy to hear that you found this hotel comfortable and reasonably priced. Please tell your friends and come back again.

Regards,

136 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

My husband and I checked in for a two night stay. At 9:30 the first night, there was a call from the front desk. Nicola informed us that there was a complaint from next door and that we needed to be quiet. When I told her that we were in bed reading (with the tv on low in the background) and that she probably had the wrong room, she began yelling that we better quiet down! We finally figured out that the noise was coming from the room across the hallway and when my husband went downstairs to explain it to her, she started yelling at him too. Needless to say, we left immediately and checked into another hotel down the street. The next day, we went back to the hotel to speak with the manager and he told us that he had been getting a lot of complaints about her. He apologized and refunded our money.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
FLLPL33322, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft Lauderdale - Plantation, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear Guest;

Thank you for communicating your concerns. It is rare when we receive a complaint regarding
our staff. I sincerely apologize for the negative experience and once again thank you for brining it to my attention.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

I needed a last minute place to stay in ft lauderdale. Since I had an excellent experience less than two weeks ago , I booked this hotel again for an overnighter. This time however, the room we checked into did not smell too great. It smelled like body odor... After airing the room out, it didn't smell too bad. It was late when we checked in so I didn't want to go through the trouble of calling for help. Room size very good, bedding and pillows were very comfortable!!! room overlooked where we parked! internet connection worked great, but I believe there is no business center: no computer in lobby for guests to use. Pros: front desk very nice, hot breakfast buffet was very enjoyable ! Parking is free and easy access to lobby . Did not have time again to utilize pool n fitness center. Will try on next visit!! Location is great -- close to my
daughter's college, grocery store, shopping mall .

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Guest;

Thank you for continuing to stay with us. Just so you know, we do have a Business Center that
is complimentary. You can print your boarding pass for free. Again, thanks for being our guest.

Pescara, Italy
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

I stayed with my family for 1 nigth on June 7th. When we arrived we had a voucher prepaid with logitravel for a suite, the person at the reception didn't find on the computer our recervation but told us that Was not a problem and sent us in a normal Room (not a suite) we were tired and we went to sleep. The day after we left and now after a month The hotel debit my credit card for the nigth fare.....so I payed a double fare one at logitravel and the second time at the hotel because probabile then didn't find my recervation.......but then didn't Say me that in the hotel...i left my card only for the extra......this is note nice! I will not be' an holiday inn express client!

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
FLLPL33322, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft Lauderdale - Plantation, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Dear Guest;

Thank you for writing us. I do regret your circumstances. As you mentioned you did arrive at our hotel to check in. The Desk Clerk did mention that she could not find your reservation but that we would be happy to accommodate you.

Your Travel Agent booked your reservation thru a Wholesaler, Tourico Holiday. We attempted to get payment from them for your stay. Tourico refused to reimburse us for your stay, stating that you were supposed to stay in a hotel in Miami which is 35 miles away. This left us with no further option but to charge you directly for your one night's stay.

Tourico would not release any further information to us. If you wish to contact me directly, I would be happy to assist you in contacting both your Travel Agent and Tourico to find a resolution to this problem.

Please feel free to contact me at gm@expressplantation.com

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

My experience in this hotel was very awful. Checked in at the hotel late at night, arriving from a long drive and all I just wanted was a comfortable and clean bed to take some rest. The sheets and blankets on the bed were dirty when we checked in, so they moved us to another room. Staff in charge of cleaning the rooms is not doing their job well. My suggestion for the managers is to hire some experienced staff to do that job.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest;

Thank you for taking the time to write to us. I want to apologize to you for the negative experience that you were subjected to upon your arrival.

It is rare that I hear about a housekeeping issue. Please be assured that I have looked into this matter with our Executive Housekeeper and it has been addressed with all parties concerned.

It is my hope that if you are in the area again that you will allow us another opportunity to prove worthy of our name.

Naples, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

The good. Had a junior suite. The room was spacious and clean. The fold out coach did its duty and we were generally happy. The staff was nice and when we ran out of towels they were promptly delivered.

The bad. The breakfast is poor, I have a 16 year old son that will eat anything and everything and he couldn't eat the eggs, the french toast was frozen, and the cinnamon buns were ice cold. The odd thing is even with the microwave, the buns were still bad. This repeated 2 days in a row before we decided to have breakfast out. So paying the extra for the room to get breakfast didn't pay off.

Room Tip: Limited parking in the front but plenty of room in the back.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
FLLPL33322, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft Lauderdale - Plantation, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear Guest;

thank you for taking the time to write about your stay. I do want to begin by apologizing for the negative experience with Breakfast. I do have a new team member in Breakfast and will be following up to ensure that we are putting out a good breakfast every day. I am happy to hear that everything else was satisfactory.

Hope to serve you again in the future.

boston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Very clean and conveniently located. Best continental breakfast behind Hilton Garden Inn. Friendly staff. Pool could be a little cleaner....lots of small leaves from the shade trees. Could use a microwave to go with the mini fridge. Bed, pillows, and arm chair could be more comfortable. After a week, I really miss my mattress. The lamps built into the bed are great for reading. LG flatscreen was great with great sound. Rooms are soundproofed. I could not hear my neighbors or the elevator.

I would recommend this hotel. Great deal.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
FLLPL33322, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft Lauderdale - Plantation, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear Guest;

Thank you for staying with us. We are happy to hear of your satisfaction.
Please come again soon.

Armando Valdes, CHA

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft Lauderdale - Plantation? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft Lauderdale - Plantation

Address: 1701 North University Drive, Plantation, FL 33322
Location: United States > Florida > Plantation
#1 Romantic Hotel in Plantation
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft Lauderdale - Plantation 2.5*
The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Plantation is set in a beautiful tropical environment, just minutes from Sawgrass Mills shopping mall, Sawgrass Corporate Park, the Bank Atlantic Center and only minutes from Ft. Lauderdale airport. The hotel is adjacent to the regional headquarters of Motorola, and within minutes of major offices for the following corporations: Nortel, American Express, Bell South, Nova SE University and the Sawgrass Corporate Park. We're just six miles west of Ft. Lauderdale in the flourishing Plantation area, less than 4 miles from Sawgrass Mills Mall and within twenty five minutes of the beach, Ft. Lauderdale Airport, Museum of Discovery and Science, Dolphin Stadium, Sawgrass Mills Outlet Mall (3 miles), Broward Mall (2 miles), Bank Atlantic Center (4 miles) and Broward Performing Arts Center. Visit Plantation, FL and stay smart at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, IHG, Priceline, Expedia, Agoda, Orbitz, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft Lauderdale - Plantation reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Ft Lauderdale - Plantation
Holiday Inn Express Plantation
Holiday Inn Plantation
Plantation Holiday Inn

If you own or manage Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft Lauderdale - Plantation, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.