“Very nice stay” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
New Jersey
“Very nice stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2010

We stayed here for a week over the Christmas holiday. The hotel was very nice - albeit quite crowded at breakfast if you went too close to the closing time. There were some soccer teams in town and the girls would descend all at the same time. The breakfast staff was quite overwhelmed some mornings, but she continued with her job with a smile.....all in all, a great place to stay with adequate gym facilities and nice pool area for relaxing as well.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2010

I have stayed at many hotels and this was among the worst experiences I have had. The front desk person who was working double shifts seemed to lack that typical Marriott customer service that I have come to expect.

We were there for an event and they ended up charging my card which of course is typical, but we had a company check. It was not until I checked that i discovered that it was not working. Still not sure why as there were funds, but I was supposed to get a message and never did.

The first morning, we went down for breakfast and they had virtually run out food. The girls who came close to close, did not get much food. That was also disappointing.

I did try and use their internet from the business center, but finally gave up as it was slower than dial up, not sure why though.

There were some bright spots though as much of the staff was very nice. They did get the meals figured out, but usually most Residence Inn's have their reeption Mon-Wed, and this one was Tue-Thurs, which was odd. The grills were very nice and the cleaning staff was top of the line.

We will go back again to this function, but next year will stay somewhere else.

• Stayed December 2009
Albany, Ga
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2009

This is a very good hotel if you want to stay at before you take your cruise. Judy, was very helpful and she will go out of her way to help you. I had made plans for Pinnacle Transportation to take me to the port, Judy had advisor me that she would not recommend their service. She was right, I was told quoted price that changed on the pick up. I decided not to use Pinnacle service. Also, I was able to park my vehicle while I was on my cruise at no extra charge.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with friends
naples, fl
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2009

We had been here before and enjoyed it. Nice to be somewhere quiet that is also right off a main street with malls, restaurants and shops so close at hand.

This time we got in just after noon. It didn't surprise us that a room wasn't available, but rather than ask us to wait, the staff upgraded us to a two-bedroom suite so we could settle in immediately. It was a terrific stay. Wonderful beds, lots of room, great to have a kitchen. We couldn't have been happier.

By the way, anyone staying in this area should go to Mario the Baker's for great pizza and Italian food and to TooJays for delicious food of all kinds (soups, Jewish specialties, pastries, dinner, you name it!).

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2009

We were looking for a good hotel with a good free breakfast and a known track record at a good rate. Paid less than $100 for this 1 bedroom suite. The service was good, though they had wireless Internet router problems and had to wait for someone to reset the router - a trivial task everyone on their staff should be trained to do.
The breakfast was good on this Monday morning but they seemed to lack sufficient staff to keep the OJ and coffee full at all times.
A very good choice for the price during high season. Very convenient to Port Everglades cruise terminal - less than 10 miles east on I-595.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2009

Staff was great, and might have considered staying there but because I left the other hotel in such a hurry I didn't realize how far away it was from where I was working. Thus I changed hotels again! The staff were great and I did appreciate my request for a quiet room. It was honored and did feel like I was in an area where I was by myself. That said it was an older Residence Inn and I like to stay in updated, newer hotels. The air conditioner was thermostat controlled and so at least it turned off at times. Breakfast was the standard Residence Inn Breakfast. The gym only had one elliptical in it so if it's in use I was out of luck. Did have a Macaroni Grill restaurant literally right next to it so getting food would have been easy. Moved further North where I needed to be located for work purposes.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
Watkins Glen, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2009

Our family stayed there overnight before our cruise left the next day. We arrived and proceeded to our shared suite where we were told a crib would be waiting for our 8 month old son. We opened the door to the room and there was indeed a pack-n-play waiting for us. It was not put together, and it was probably the dirtiest pack and play I've seen in my life. There were no linens of any sort to put on the pack n play either. Luckily I had a bunch of extra baby blankets so I could make-do. The furniture in the room was old and falling apart. I had to reattach one of the legs to the coffee tables as it had bowed inward. Our room was incredibly hard to control the temperature, we were either freezing or too hot. It is a very dated hotel and the amenities for the price are basic to say the least.
The evening front desk staff was condescending and unhelpful as well. The morning staff was much more amiable, however the housekeeper was waiting outside our room for us to leave. We felt like were shoved out the door without so much as a, "Come back soon!" gesture.
We defintely would not reccommend this establishment unless they got some major upgrades.

• Liked — Free internet
  • Disliked — Dated Rooms and no customer service skills
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Residence Inn Ft. Lauderdale Plantation? Share your experiences!