“nice stay before cruise; best if you have a car” 5 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Plantation
GreenLeadersBronze level
Florida
“nice stay before cruise; best if you have a car”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2009

We were looking for a good hotel with a good free breakfast and a known track record at a good rate. Paid less than $100 for this 1 bedroom suite. The service was good, though they had wireless Internet router problems and had to wait for someone to reset the router - a trivial task everyone on their staff should be trained to do.
The breakfast was good on this Monday morning but they seemed to lack sufficient staff to keep the OJ and coffee full at all times.
A very good choice for the price during high season. Very convenient to Port Everglades cruise terminal - less than 10 miles east on I-595.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2009

Staff was great, and might have considered staying there but because I left the other hotel in such a hurry I didn't realize how far away it was from where I was working. Thus I changed hotels again! The staff were great and I did appreciate my request for a quiet room. It was honored and did feel like I was in an area where I was by myself. That said it was an older Residence Inn and I like to stay in updated, newer hotels. The air conditioner was thermostat controlled and so at least it turned off at times. Breakfast was the standard Residence Inn Breakfast. The gym only had one elliptical in it so if it's in use I was out of luck. Did have a Macaroni Grill restaurant literally right next to it so getting food would have been easy. Moved further North where I needed to be located for work purposes.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
Watkins Glen, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2009

Our family stayed there overnight before our cruise left the next day. We arrived and proceeded to our shared suite where we were told a crib would be waiting for our 8 month old son. We opened the door to the room and there was indeed a pack-n-play waiting for us. It was not put together, and it was probably the dirtiest pack and play I've seen in my life. There were no linens of any sort to put on the pack n play either. Luckily I had a bunch of extra baby blankets so I could make-do. The furniture in the room was old and falling apart. I had to reattach one of the legs to the coffee tables as it had bowed inward. Our room was incredibly hard to control the temperature, we were either freezing or too hot. It is a very dated hotel and the amenities for the price are basic to say the least.
The evening front desk staff was condescending and unhelpful as well. The morning staff was much more amiable, however the housekeeper was waiting outside our room for us to leave. We felt like were shoved out the door without so much as a, "Come back soon!" gesture.
We defintely would not reccommend this establishment unless they got some major upgrades.

• Liked — Free internet
  • Disliked — Dated Rooms and no customer service skills
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Metro Orlando
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2008

We’ve stayed here a couple of times, since it’s very close to some friend we go down to see. We generally like it. It’s a nicely kept up-to-date hotel in a decent area, and the staff goes out of their way to be friendly and accommodating. The breakfast seems a little better than most, with scrambled eggs, sausage, and waffle makers (amongst many other things). The pool and courtyard area is nicely landscaped, with some really nice palm trees. They’ve got a couple of gas grills out there too. The place can be a little hard to find, it’s tucked in behind a Macaroni Grill.

On the down side, it can be a little noisy. We had one room next to the door to the pool, and could hear it every time it opened and closed. Luckily it wasn’t that busy. This last time we stayed, the stairs between levels (which are metal) were right outside out bedroom wall and we could plainly hear some kids running up and down burning off energy first thing in the morning. And, there is a basket ball court in the courtyard, so you can get a little wakeup call from that. But, get a room on the outside, or away from the court, doors, or stairs, and this is a very nice hotel.

When we checked out last time, I reported that the lock to the exterior door next to our room didn’t work (all the other locks worked for us). It wasn’t that big a deal, but they were on the radio as I headed out the door, and I saw the maintenance man going up to check it out as I drove away. They seem to take maintenance very seriously.

• Liked — Location, rooms, breakfast.
  • Disliked — Intermitent noise.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Edmonton, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2008

My boyfriend & I stayed at this resort in January of 2008 with another couple. We're all on the younger side, I'm 23, he's 26, and the other couple are both 20.

The hotel is in a decent area, very close to everything we needed. We checked in on time and our room was ready right away. Our room was definitely not as nice as other Marriotts I have stayed in in the past but we weren't too worried, we were only there to eat & sleep.

A/C in the room blew ice cold, we had a great view of the pool, and we didn't hear the other guests above, below or beside us. Free internet in the lobby.

The reason why I didn't LIKE this hotel, and will never stay here again, is the front desk staff. I have never, ever, ever encountered someone who was so rude. Not to mention the fact that he was friendly to everyone EXCEPT for us. I'm not sure why he seemed to have a "hate on" for us, but his entire attitude shifted whenever he saw us. We're young, but we're not rowdy, mean, obnoxious, anything like that! Because of the poor service, I'll never stay here again.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Poor Customer Service
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Irvine, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2008

This property gives you the usual Residence Inn amenities: free breakfast; sport court; good location; and a friendly staff. I think the area this property lacks is room cleanliness. Certainly it was not as clean as other residence Inns I've stayed at. Stains on the sheets, smudges on the furniture, and unclean bathroom floors detracted from the experience, and by the way, it isn't cheap.

• Liked — Size of room, good location, free breakfast
  • Disliked — Poor room cleanliness
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Farmington Hills
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2008

great location right across the street from huge mall.
Typical Residence inn as far as decor but the front desk staff were wonderful. They even helped by arranging for a van transfer to the cruise that was cheaper than a dirty taxi.

Stayed January 2008

Been to Residence Inn Ft. Lauderdale Plantation? Share your experiences!