“Good Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Plantation
Kings Langley, United Kingdom
“Good Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

I booked a one night SPG reward stay at this hotel before a further stay in Weston and Naples. Easy to find location from the airport and good parking availability. The reception area was large and bright and I was made to feel very welcome as a valued guest at reception. I checked in late to the hotel without informing them but it was not an issue. The rooms are large, clean and catered for all my needs. I would definitely stay here again as the location is good for my regular visits to the area and accommodations are large and comfortable. A good stay.

Room Tip: SPG member
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
DCortijo, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Suites Plantation, Ft Lauderdale West, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
JPDKL,

Thanks for your great review, we are honored to be your home when in the area.
Hope to see you soon.

Regards
David Cortijo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

So, to start with the pros- the room itself was nice, although the spigot in the shower was coming out of the wall. It was spacious overall. Also, I arrived earlier than the published check in time, and was given a room right away.

Unfortunately, the cons outweighed the pros by a lot.

First, I was sitting in my room, and a housekeeping person just walked in without knocking or anything at about 2:45 in the afternoon!

Then One of the reasons I chose this hotel is because they said they had a shuttle to take guests within a 3 mile area. Thus, I did not rent a car. During check in, I asked about a shuttle, and they said I could book it through the bellman. However, there was never a bellman there. When I checked in, no bellman, when I came down again to try to book, no bellman, when I called to ask the desk to set up the shuttle, no bellman, and even upon checking out this morning- no bellman. When I called down from my room, the woman at the desk did not know where the shuttle was, or when it would be back, but she said she would call me back in 10 minutes, when she had more information. No call came. So, now needing to get to a meeting, I asked them to call me a cab. While waiting for the cab the shuttle pulled up and the driver, Ray, got out. I told him where I needed to go, and he looked at his watch and said, I'll have Tony take you in 2 minutes. So now, I am there, the shuttle is there, and no driver comes. Finally 7-10 minutes later Ray comes back because the cab pulls up. I state I don't want the cab if I can take a free shuttle. He says his shift is up, and the other driver, who has been in the lobby this whole time and was never told by him to take me, is making no move toward driving the shuttle. When I was going to the cab I complained and asked for his name, but he walked away and refused to give it to me. I found out his name was Ray, by walking in behind him to check his name tag. I then complained again at the desk and asked for a manager, who never came- as I had no time to wait and had to take the cab anyway. When I came back to the hotel later that night, there was never any apology from management.

There is water in the lobby, but no cups were out in the afternoon to drink the water.

The hotel was clearly not full, but I was given a room on the second floor with the view of the roof.

One of the TV remotes did not work.

I don't know if they are seriously understaffed, lazy, or just plain rude- but I will never stay at this property again. I was there for work, and have made sure to let the next person who comes down to the area know not to stay here either. I also told the people in Fort Lauderdale, who recommended it, to take it off their list of recommended hotels. I should have stayed at the Renaissance.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Christine A

Thanks for your honest comments, I'm sad to see our service fell short. Please accept my apologies on behalf of our hotel. I will make sure the proper measures are taking to correct this behavior.

Bogota, Colombia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

we chose the Sheraton for our arrival to Fort Lauderdale the night prior for our vacation to the Bahamas. We were really late coming from the airport and I called ahead to say that we would arrive after 11pm, but I got immediately transferred and was left for 7 minutes listening to music and finally hang up, calling from my cell phone with roaming costs. That was disappointing and unnecessary. We had booked a suite so that the kids could sleep on the sofa bed. The size of the suite was ok, the king size bed very comfortable and accomplishing Sheraton's promise of special comfort with their SweetSleeper bed.
A minus was that after midnight no one was answering the phone anymore calling the reception from the room.
The breakfast bufett was included, it was ok, but nothing special at all.
What I have noticed in several Sheratons now that the corridors to the rooms have an awful flair, like student dorms appearence. Why is that?

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear SusanneVIE

Thanks for sharing this way your experience with us. Early in the month we were experiencing some phone system challenges, I apologize you were affected by it.
Glad you enjoyed the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper. We are getting ready to renovate the hotel, "the new face of the Sheraton Suites Plantation is just around the corner"

Sincerely
new york
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

hotel is really nice friendly staff , they clean your room pretty late , 45 minutes from south beach , 30 minutes to Fort Lauderdale beach , room service closes early... pool on 9th floor and fitness center , plenty of free parking and wifi is good

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
DCortijo, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Suites Plantation, Ft Lauderdale West, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Dear Bugzy130,
Thanks for sharing your feedback about your recent stay at our property. We are glad to see you enjoyed our services on the top floor and spacious parking/garage and free Wi-Fi. We are located 30 miles from South Beach and only 13 from Fort Lauderdale Beach. Our food-service hours are being currently revised to add more flexibility and options. Next time you visit us feel free to let the front desk know a time frame is convenient for you to have your room serviced and will adhere to your schedule.
Thanks for a great review!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We stayed here one night pre-cruise and liked it very much. Beautiful lobby, very clean & spacious rooms, friendly staff. Loved the location with many restaurants, drugstores, etc. close by. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
DCortijo, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Suites Plantation, Ft Lauderdale West, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Lovetocruise21

Thanks for your great review regarding your recent stay with us. Please count with us when your travel plans bring you back in the area.

Best regards
Camberley, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Arrived earlier than the check-in time, so the room wasn't ready, which was fair enough. However, it still wasn't ready an hour-and-a-half after the nominated check-in time. The Check-In staff seemed to struggle to cope with the number of people checking in which, to be honest, was not a vast number. If this hotel really is geared up for guests prior to departure on cruises, they ought to man the check-in & increase the housekeeping staff to cater for the numbers these cruise liners hold!

They changed the room they were putting us in twice, and still we had to wait hours. Once in the suite, it was lovely, with a decent sitting room, with bar, fridge, coffee maker, etc. Large bed.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear SteveB77,

Thanks for staying with us and for your candid Feedback. You stayed with us on what is the heart of the winter season and yes-on “turn days” we experienced some delays. We have hired close to 30 additional employees in order to better service our guest. We are glad to see you enjoyed our facilities and hope you visit us again next time you are in town.

Sheraton Suites Plantation
Simpsonville, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We stayed here for two nights before a 30 day cruise and took advantage of the 30 days of free parking. This is a lovely property with a classy lobby, large suites for rooms complete with 'fridge, coffee makers and microwave, and a luxurious bathroom. Service was excellent from front desk staff, room service, and shuttle to cruise terminal. The small gym is ideal and the swimming pool is unusually large. The hotel grounds are very nice and the enclosed courtyard with fountain is the perfect spot for breakfast! We will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room as far away from the elevator as possible.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear CherylandBrett
Is very rewarding to see such great comments from en experienced traveler and a top contributor. Thanks for taking the time to write this review your comments are appreciated. We recently “enhanced” the atrium as we agree; is the perfect place for breakfast or even a glass of wine at night… That area seems to be well received by our guest.
Best regards
David Cortijo

Been to Sheraton Suites Plantation, Ft Lauderdale West? Share your experiences!