“Nice hotel but safety is not a priority!” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Plantation
Toronto, ON
“Nice hotel but safety is not a priority!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

Stayed here with my family (3 kids). The room was nice and well laid out as well as clean. The hotel seemed short staffed since (we had to wait to speak to someone each time). No one at the doors at all when we checked in around 9 p.m. and 2 staff at the desk were the only visible staff. When we checked out there were two cars on blocks in the parking lot with the wheels stolen. Twice we encountered cars speeding through the parking lot like get-away cars in the evening. The hotel is located next to an abandoned building so the walk to the pharmacy nearby (as recommended by the front desk) was a little unnerving. There is no security getting in and out of the parking lot (or the hotel). Plus we are sure that we left an i-pod touch in the hotel room when we checked out and it is not there anymore. We called 15 minutes after check-out to have someone look for the ipod and it was not to be found. Staff was responsive in checking and courteous on the phone. We called back the next day since we were told the room would not be cleaned until the following day, but no luck. It was nice to have the microwave and the fridge in the room and the bed was very comfy. There is really no attraction nearby to make the location worthwhile although it is fairly close to the Sawgrass Mills Outlet Mall.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
SheratonSuitesPl, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Plantation, Ft Lauderdale West, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Thank you for sharing your review though we can assure you that the safety of our guests is a top priority. Along with our internal security that patrols our parking lot at all times, we have been working directly with our local police to ensure that our facility remains safe and secure. Losing personal items during a stay can be truly devastating and we hope that a police report has been filed so that a resolution can be met soon. During your family getaway, we regret that you did not have the opportunity to explore the local attractions conveniently located nearby. If you have a moment, we hope you'll visit our blog on our website where we are always suggesting new attractions and upcoming events to enjoy during a visit with us. Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Miami, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel with my family and the rooms were nice and clean. However, the front desk staff needs to be re-trained when it comes to high quality customer service. I had called the hotel 2 hours prior to arrival to make sure the rooms were ready and I was told that the rooms were ready, but when my family and I arrived the rooms were not ready, and the lady at the desk took about 20 minutes to make the keys for 3 rooms and swipe the credit card. Also the staff is extremely unfriendly and cold. I stopped by the desk during several times of the day and I spoke with more than 5 different front desk agents and none of them ever smiled. It seems that they are in the wrong place to work because people in the hospitality industry are supposed to be nice and friendly. My whole family also noticed that the staff was very unfriendly, so it is not just the opinion of only one person. We will never stay at this property ever again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
We appreciate your review though we regret the length of time it took to accommodate you. I can assure you that this is not the quality customer service that we wish to provide for our guests and your comments regarding your experience will be addressed immediately to our staff. For any inconveniences that were experience during your visit with us, we apologize. While we use your feedback as an opportunity to strengthen our commitment to providing the best in service for our guests, we hope that we will someday get another opportunity in the future to welcome you back. Thank you.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012 via mobile

I stood her for a week with my family, although the front desk was nice it still wasn't enough! The room has some cards that say if you wish to clean your sheets or not if you don't you save the environment by going green! And you receive a $5 complimentary ticket to use in the hotel! Out of the 7 days at the hotel we only requested to change our sheets 2 times which means we should have $25 in vouchers! That didn't happen!!! We only received one voucher of $5!!! And it's not about the money it's about the principle of following thorough on your promise! Next the rooms were pretty out dated and soiled! We even encounter a water bug!!! That we killed and left on the floor and the cleaning lady didn't even bother in picking it up!!!! The pool is awesome and the bathrooms around the hotel! But the pool can use a paint job and some more monitoring!!! The gym was great! But here comes the worst part out in the parking lot 2 vehicles were robbed of their 4 wheels and mounted on cement blocks!!! I was so scared that this would happen to my vehicle because my vehicle was rented!!!! We spoke to one of the ladies that her vehicle was vandalized and she said the manager didn't do anything, didn't even offer her a cup of water!!! Therefore I will never stay at this Sheraton again!!! All the pluses are overcome by the negatives!!! Not a good look!!! And I love Sheratons, just not this one!!!

• Stayed August 2012
For any inconveniences or difficulties that you experienced regarding your room, we apologize. Though we're truly grateful for the feedback, it's unfortunate to learn of the issues that you experienced while staying with us and we regret any confusion with our complimentary vouchers. I will be certain to pass along your review to the head of our housekeeping department. The safety of our guests and staff members is our primary concern and we have been working directly with the local police to ensure that our hotel continues to remain a safe and secure environment for each and every one of our guests. Thank you for your review and we hope that you will someday visit with us again.
Raleigh, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

We recently stayed here over a Thursday and Friday night, upon walking out to the car Friday morning we had discovered it was broken into. We had parked in front of the hotel under the lights. After talking to employees at the hotel this is not the first time it's happened in fact they have security that is suppose to patrol the lot. Needless to say our car and another were both broken into and all we get was "sorry this happens here" and have breakfast on the hotel.

• Stayed July 2012
, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Plantation, Ft Lauderdale West, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
For any inconveniences that were experienced during this unfortunate circumstance, we truly apologize. While this is not a common occurrence at our hotel, we'd like to re-assure you that we do have security to patrol our parking lot at all times, as the safety of our guests is a top priority. While we regret to learn of your experience, we hope that a police report has been filed. Thank you.
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

I'm originally from Miami and spent a great deal of time on the Ft. Lauderdale/Broward county area so my review will be from a different perspective. I went to Plantation for work, arrived on a Sunday evening after dinner with my family a different looking Sheraton. I've visited this Hotel before maybe 10 years ago. The outside as many have said is very different the Fashion Show Mall is no longer, after a Hurricane the owner has not gotten the building up to code. This is in no part Sheraton's fault. Lobby was nice enough looked updated and staff was very welcoming. Room was okay, nothing over the top but okay. It was however clean and that was very important to me. Sofa in living area has seen better days, desk and mini bar area was nice to have. King size bed very comfortable. There is some age starting to show but I’m not going to "knit pick" everything. On the small side for a suite so for family's be mindful. My only issue was the noise in the hallway with parents thinking it's okay for their kids to run up and down the hallways at 10 PM on a week night...not everyone is on vacation I had to be at work at 6:00 am and my patience was not good with this. I did not call the front desk I chose to open my door and let them see me looking at them. Breakfast in the lobby area was included with my corp. rate it was good eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes, bagels, cereals, etc. I think the price is 15.00 pp. Intern was also free for me but they do charge you daily. Lots of restaurants and shopping close by overall it was fine for me but I think there are better options in the area depending upon what you are searching for.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
As a returned guest, we greatly appreciate you sharing your perspective. We can understand your frustration if any noises disturbed your rest and wish we could have had the chance to address this concern at the time of your visit, in order to ensure the best possible night's sleep. While we are grateful that you took the time to share your feedback regarding our suites, we'd like to mention that we do offer two-bedroom suites that are ideal for large families that are visiting. Thank you for sharing your review and we hope that you will consider visiting with us again at the Sheraton Suites Plantation, Fort Lauderdale West.
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

Liked - rooms are well designed and spacious. Location of the hotel gives easy access to expressway. Friendly hotel staff.

Disliked - Creepy surroundings, located in an abandoned mall. Questionable enterprises in parking lots and lobby. Hotel employees slam doors throughout the night (huge exit doors). $15.00 Adult $8.00 children for awful breakfast buffet.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
While we find it disappointing that you were not pleased in all areas of your visit, we value all of our guests' feedback and truly regret any inconveniences or noise disruptions that you encountered during your stay. While it's disappointing to learn that you felt our restaurant services did not live up to the high standards that guests have come to expect from us, we are sincerely grateful for the time it took to share your perspective. Thank you and we hope that we someday get another opportunity to welcome you back again.
trinidad
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

My family and I visited on Easter weekend , we had a 2 bedroom suite, it had 2 bathrooms which was great and the room was spacious and clean. The breakfast was great and the staff was friendly. The bell boy was a great help , I think his name is Robert , he assisted us every single day as it was our annual shopping trip. Didn't spend much time at the hotel as we were out and about but it was an overall good experience. There is a lot of good shopping nearby which is a plus on our end. Broward mall as well as Sawgrass Mills is close by and many other department stores are nearby.

Room Tip: Request a room far from the elevator as the hotel is always busy and therefore would be noisy if you...