“ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Sawgrass Inn & Conference Center

You added Sawgrass Inn & Conference Center to your Saves list
Sawgrass Inn & Conference Center
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1711 North University Drive, Plantation, FL 33322 (Formerly Quality Inn Sawgrass Conference Center)   |
Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Plantation
Cape Coral, Florida
“ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

This was by far the worst Quality Inn I have ever stayed at. The carpets were stained, the bathroom wallpaper was held on with staples, the air conditioner was in bad need of repairs, the ceiling paint was bubbling and chipping, the room smelled disgusting! This is just for starters!! The room was not worth the $100 I spent for it!!

And don't get me started on the breakfast, which was microwaved egg rounds and sausage, some yogurt, some toast, a few pieces of fruit, and a couple pastries. After watching a child pick up and smell all of the pastries and muffins, I immediately took that off the list.

The property was old and in need of some major improvements!

I WILL NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN NOR WILL I RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL TO ANYONE!!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Toney, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

This was the worst motel in the Choice Motel System. Dirty, fire alarms going off (burnt toast). Reserved for two nights. Fire alarm goes off and we take luggage out of the room in case it burns down. Come back that afternoon and can't get in the room. Go to the desk and they give us a new key. Open the door and someone else was given the room (glad they were not having sex). We were told it is their policy to give the room to someone else if you take your luggage with you. No other room available with a king size bed. Sorry Charlie, that's our policy. They had our cell phone number and did not call to see if we were coming back. DO NOT STAY THERE. CHOICE MOTELS RESPONSE WAS THEY ARE INDIVIDUALLY OWNED AND THEY ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE. Well your reputation is MUD and you need to regulate.

Room Tip: Don't stay there.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Midlothan, VA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

This was the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. The carpet and furniture were both stained. The staff was unwilling to provide a towel and wash cloth for each person in the room. (I'm sorry - housekeeping is gone for the day).

The pillow had a blood stain on it! GROSS! We ended up leaving and were refunded our money to go to another hotel. We will not go back.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Great Abaco Island
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

my experience at this quality inn sawgrass conference center was not good at all when i checked in i was ask to deposit $30 for if in case there were damages done to the room with the agreement if there were no damage i would get my deposit back upon checkout. guess what there were no damage but no deposit back, at continental breakfast service and options were horrilble. I had ask frontdesk to have there shuttle take me to the airport they hired a driver that was not part of the hotel but i didnt know until the driver charged $35 upon at the airport i almost mess my pants.

Room Tip: none at all
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Allentown, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I made the reservation for this hotel online, and under the “special instructions,” I included that I am asthmatic and allergic to febreeze so that they room would not irritate my allergy and asthma. I went into the hotel to check in, and I encountered a representative by the last name of Clark. He gave me my keys and again seemed distracted, but I guess there was some sort of party at the hotel. The music made it hard to hear. I asked him if the music was going to last long, again, my husband and I were driving for a long time, and had a sleepless night, I wanted to make sure it didn’t affect our sleep. He laughed and said the party was going until 3 am! I was nervous by the answer, but continued with check in. I met my husband at the car, and told him the room number. We began unloading, but given our previous experience in Fayetteville, my husband suggested I check out the room first before unloading all our bags. I walked to the only elevator in the hotel, located outside by the pool. The elevator was dirty- muddy and smelled of old urine. I held my breath during the ride up to my floor. The rep told me my room was facing the pool: untrue. It was on the other side, so when I found it, I walked into yet another dirty room- unfolded towels on the floor by the door, an unclean bathroom, a lamp that didn’t work, and an overwhelming smell of mold covered up by perfume. I began to have immediate coughing attacks, which lead to an asthma attack. I went back to the check in counter where I informed Mr. Clark of the problems. His answer was, “Try the Holiday Inn, they have better rooms.” Ok Mr. Clark, I certainly will take my money and business elsewhere if that’s your response. I left the Quality Inn and ended up staying at the Hampton Inn down the road. It was a bit more money, but I had great accommodations, so it was worth it.

Room Tip: Need help choosing a good room? Here is a tip- go someplace else!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Ken H, Manager at Sawgrass Inn & Conference Center, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
On behalf of the new Management Team and Staff at the Quality Inn Sawgrass Conference Center (which took effect on July 10, 2012) we would like to thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to post your comments about your recent stay. We are pleased to tell you that we have already made improvements to the grounds, pool, landscaping and service operations and are upgrading many of the rooms. We do take all comments seriously, appreciate your honesty and we want you to know that we are working diligently to improve our product, our service and our value to you, our guest and customer. Please feel free to contact us at Reservations@QualityInnSawgrass.com.
St. Petersburg, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

I am still angry about this hotel. When i got to the room, I noticed ants all over the place in the vicinity of the coffee maker. I went back to the desk, waited in line, and informed the clerk of the ants. I even showed him (I brought the coffee tray down with me with ants still on it). He offered to send up a maintenance person to spray, but I told him NO; we cannot tolerate the spray and requested another room. He said ok, by the time I got the key for a new room and returned to our room, someone had already been there and sprayed. My father has COPD and is sensitive to chemicals. I told the person at the front NO Spray and they did anyway. So we moved to another room, and this one had MORE ants than the first one!!!!!! This time i did not dare say anything for fear they would poison us there too with the spray. This hotel is a disgrace!!! - beautiful old building, but maintained poorly.

Room Tip: Check your room for ants... these are Pharaoh ants and very small to detect.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
On behalf of the new Management Team and Staff at the Quality Inn Sawgrass Conference Center we would like to thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to post your comments about your recent stay. We are currently making improvements to the grounds, pool, landscaping and service operations. We do take all comments seriously, appreciate your honesty and we want you to know that we are working diligently to improve our product and our service.. Please feel free to contact us at Reservations@QualityInnSawgrass.com.
Stamford, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

I was in a hurry when I booked this hotel and used my points. I never checked the reviews, lesson learned-always check before booking. I travel often and stay in many hotels each year. THIS ONE WAS THE WORST. When driving into the parking lot there was garbage on the ground and debris from all the trees surounding the property. It wouldn't have been difficult to blow off the parking lot to make it look decent. Our room was suppose to be a no smoking room, It had been smoked in. We called the desk to let them know our concern, all the front deck said was that they would make a note of it. The carpets were dirty, the walls were dirty, the bathtub had a reddish film on the tile in the bath tub area. With in 10 mins. I was back down checking out of this scummy hotel. I also wrote Choice Properties to let them know of the problem. I did get a nice "form" letter back and they returned the points to my account

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Sawgrass Inn & Conference Center? Share your experiences!