“OK BBQ, great service” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night
SF, CA
“OK BBQ, great service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

I agree with other reviewers. The BBQ should be better. The texture was perfect, the sauce, so-so. The staff was helpful and attentive.

I'm not sure I'd return.

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“I wisit was better.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I wish this place was better. I figured I would give it another try for some reason after not have eating there for about a year. To my dismay the service and even worse the food has not gotten any better. To start the server couldn’t even tell me what beers they had and when I found the beer list on the table he kept telling me he wasn’t sure if thye had it. Once I made a selection they still brought me the wrong one. As for the food, It all tastes like it was reheated at best. I had the brisket, which was chewy and dry. My wife had the baby back ribs which were not a tender as most places and lacked flavor. The sauces on the table were good and thankfully helped with the dry flavorless meats. The sides were ok but I mean who could mess up mashed potatoes and french fries.
With so many better places for BBQ around I would find it hard for me to get back here.

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“Great wings and ribs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

We had the wing appetizer, smoked, and they were plump, juicy and very flavorful. For our main dish we had the baby back ribs. They were excellent. The salmon is so-so, and the service was very good.

Visited February 2013
Hallandale Beach, Florida, United States
“Why Bother”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Went at the insistence of a friend, do not know what he sees in the place. Very loud music, service that was almost not there and food that tasted like it was made yesterday and was not reheated very well. Asked to lower the music, server said that he told the manager - think that was a lie, guess that is there "atmosphere". Looking for a bar with some expensive wings - this is the place; want good barbecue? do not wast the time and money.

Visited December 2012
Lakewood Ranch
“Food Cold and not prepared as asked”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Sat at Bar as a usually do for business and just ordered a plain burger and it came out ice cold with cheese and everything on it, server dropped it off and ran, and didn't see again for 5 minutes so I just wanted to leave and get food somewhere else. Paid bill and left, that was second trip there first time food was cold but correct. Disappointed in this location as I am a big fan of Smokey Bones

• Visited December 2012