“Honestly surprised at any negative reviews!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Stuart, Florida, United States
“Honestly surprised at any negative reviews!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

I am rarely in this area, but when I am, I never miss ordering a pizza at Jacaranda. Today I had a mini Pizza Margherita, and it was so close to my favorite pizza in Italy that I forgot where I was for a minute. My server was very attentive, my food came out relatively quickly, and it was absolutely delicious! The atmosphere reminds me of an established eatery in any Italian city. I can only vouch for the pizza and garlic rolls, but they were delicious and worth returning for. I look forward to my next visit with relish!

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Delray Beach, Florida
“Average at best”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I had been told that Jacaranda served the best pizza this side of New York, so the wife and I decided to give it a try. Unfortunately, neither of us felt like pizza that day, so we tried two of the regular entrees. I ordered the chicken parm and my wife ordered the eggplant parm. Two fairly simple items. Neither was bad, but neither was particularly special either. My wife likes her eggplant served in a stack, like a lasagna. Unfortunately, the serving was just a flat slice of eggplant. Also, it was served with a side of spaghetti, which surprised her since it was not mentioned on the menu. My chicken parm was a nice size of pounded meat covered in a pretty good sauce, but the chicken itself was inconsistant. Parts of the cutlet were soft and tender while other parts were tough. The service was ok, although the server was a little uninvolved. Considering it was not particularly busy, she could have been a little friendlier and little more helpful with the menu selections. Overall, this is just an ok neighborhood restaurant. If I go back, maybe I will give them a chance to wow me with their pizza.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Miami, Florida, United States
“Now that's a pizza!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

This place has been around a while so the decor is a bit dated. But the pizza is the best around so far. They also have a carafe of wine (3 glasses) for the price of one and a half which was pointed out by our server who was quite attentive. I recommend this place for pizza - the pasta fagioli is also good. Haven't tried anything else.

Visited January 2013
south Florida
“average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

at here late one night - got the shrimp pizza. One ordered the wings. Another had a larger meal. The wings were terrible - not as good as something you'd get from pizza hut. The pizza crust was very hard to cut - pizza just average. My wife's tea came in a glass mug, which I thought was a little tackey - no lemon included - had to ask for it. The garlic bread was good, however. We had tiramisu, which was also very good. The price was average for the quality of food we got. The best thing about this place is the ambience as it is very nicely decorated. However, there is nothing special about the quality of the food or the service that stands out.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Plantation, Florida
“Fathers Day Dinner”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

You only need one bad experience to loose a customer!! I took my husband to get his favorite Chicken Parm at this place and they served us a peice of HARD UNEATABLE CHICKEN!!! When we asked the waitress to simply get us another peice she came back and said that the cook and the owner said it's all going to be the same do you want something different. We are never eating there again!!

• Visited June 2012