“Great golf course” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Golf Courses, Sports
London
“Great golf course”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

I played this course both in November and April. For a public course it is in excellent condition although last month, getting towards the end of the season, it was a little more worn than it had been in November.

The course and greens are well laid out and extremely challenging - the back nine from the back tees is very testing.

The staff are pleasant and helpful - the only criticism is the pace of play. They have course marshals but as long as the games stay within a 4.5 hour time frame they do nothing. There is nothing more aggravating than being in a group of good and quick golfers and having to wait for total hackers to finish. They are obviously entitled to be on the course but should be encouraged to let faster players play through!!

In the UK our concept of how long a round of golf should take is somewhat different!!!

Visited April 2014

Tamarac, Florida
“Best Broward Course”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Plantation Preserve has friendly staff and the golf course is always in great shape. Try to get an early tee time as the course is always busy.

Hollywood, Florida
“two chances, you're out!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

Today I attempted to play Plantation Preserve, it was my second time at this golf course. The first time out I found the course very average, very busy and the staff there slow and rude. But because I have heard others enjoy this course I decdided to give it another try. Fast forward, I didn't even get to play. I'm not going to give a blow by blow of my experience but a lot of it was similar to my first time. Only person at check-in that also was answering the phones that were ringing off the hook. The starter seemed that the last place on earth he wanted to be was there. I remembred him from last time & I dont understand why he doesn't stay home or at least why the course wouldn't do something about it. Snow birds are leaving in a couple weeks, it's residents like us that will make these placed survive next 6-7 months. In the end, he couldn't even read his chicken scratch on the starter sheet, jumped over me and let others pass, 30 minutes after what my start time was, he couldn't figure out how to get me on even though it was his mistake, no apology...I had to go back to the pro-shp, lucky me, ask for a refund and leave. Wasted afternoon. There are a ton of golf courses in South Florida. Jacaranda for example I think are very profressional and efficient, golf course a lot better maintained. Emerald Hills have excellent service and the course is one of my favorite, very challenging and well maintained. Plantation is now permanently off my short list.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA
“Best public course in SE Florida”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Greens were terrific as were the fairways. The staff is courteous. And that 19th hole is so good and reasonably priced.

New Jersey
4 attraction reviews
“A fabulous golf course”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

Terrific layout, lots of opportunities for risk and reward shots, helpful and knowledgeable staff, and perfect course conditions. One of the best tracks in southern Broward County.