“Great for business travel” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$25 Daily Credit
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Plantation
Naples, Florida
“Great for business travel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2010

I stay at the hotel 2-3 nights a week for work. The front desk personnel Lauren and Britney always have my room ready and check-in is always under two minutes. My bill is always correct and waiting under my door so I can skip the front desk on the way out. The bellman Robert is always ready with anything I need. Full service gym with multiple treadmills and TV's everywhere.Room service staff and restaurant staff are friendly, and the food is excellent! Starbucks in the lobby. Great location, I am 45 minutes from Miami and 45 minutes from West Palm Beach.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Colton, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2010

I had a certificate for a FREE night, which was valued about $180 for our Sunday night stay. I wrote ahead this was the end of our 12 year anniversary and my 36th birthday getaway to Florida right before we fly out. We checked in and I was told they upgraded us to a suite. As a Vegas Veteran, I told my husband "suite" is a loose term.

Ok, we were in the 995 sq ft 1 bedroom executive suite with balcony valued at $300! It was the first time in a long time I had a room with a double door entrance!

As a Marriott Gold Member, we had access to the lounge and free appetizers and breakfast. That night we ate chicken parmesan in the lounge while hubby watched football. Next morning was a very yummy ham and cheese croissant breakfast.

At checkout, we had a $0.00 bill! Parking is free, internet is free, food was free. At one point during appetizer dinner, hubby asked if I wanted to go out to eat or in the hotel restaurant?!?! Why pay if the free stuff is tasty enough?

Plenty of parking, close to FLL!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Wells, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2010

The Renaissance in Plantation, Florida, is without question the best experience I have ever had. Every little detail helps add to the experience, all backed by exceptional customer service from the moment you walk in the door. The rooms are clean, fresh, and well-kept; even the hotel restaurant is worth your while. You simply can't walk through the lobby without being cheerfully greeted by one of the staff members.

The location is right off interstate 595, a short 15 minutes (at most) from Fort Lauderdale itself. I recommend asking for something toward the back of the hotel purely for the view of the surrounding ponds/lakes. While close to the highway, the location manages to be both convenient and quiet - I would have never known I was near the highway if I had not just turned off it.

As a whole, the Renaissance offers an exceptional experience, and I highly recommend it for anyone travelling around the Fort Lauderdale area for business or pleasure.

Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2010

If you have seen the Marriott Hotel/IBM Software commercials where the employees are in cubicles stapling invoices, but get side-tracked with the desire to serve others with hospitality, then you know what to expect at this hotel. WOW! The only hotel I have ever experienced where the staff/employees lived up to the expectations set by the marketing team. When you are there, be sure to ask Bill Periera and William Steinberger for information on the area. Whether you are asking for dinner suggestions or sightseeing/ways to experience Ft Lauderdale, these two gentlemen will NOT steer you wrong!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
nikkithomas, Director of Sales at Renaissance Plantation Fort Lauderdale, responded to this review, October 11, 2010
We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay at the Renaissance Ft. Lauderdale-Plantation Hotel and had a great experience with our Navigator Service. We appreciate the great review and look forward to welcoming you back

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2010

I travel to South Florida often to visit my elderly mother in a nursing facilityin the Coral Springs/Plantation area. These trips are always difficult, but my stays at the Renaissance Fort Lauderdale Plantation Hotel, help to make my trip enjoyable. Over the years, I've stayed at a number of hotels in the area, but the Renaissance is my favorite of all and the one that I keep going back to time and time again. I stayed there again last week and can't say enough about the staff who were so friendly and helpful. They were really intereested in making my stay enjoyable. The rooms are so bright and airy, and oh so comfortable! the beds are the best and they have lots of comfy pillows. There are Aveeda bath products in the bathroom and there is a bathrobe in the closet. The amenities at the hotel are nice - there is a rather large exercise room with a good variety of exercise equipment, both cardio and weight machines. There are individual TVs on each piece of cardio equipment and they even have headphones in case you forget to bring your own. The pool is so inviting, very clean and just the right temperature! And there are lots of pool lounges to relax and catch some rays. The whirlpool is nice too. There is a walking path just outside the property that you can access from the pool area and you can walk around a big pond by nearby office buildings. It's very safe and a nice walk. the restaurants in the hotel are good with a nice variety of food. There are ample computers to use to check the internet if you don't have your own laptop. They are in private little rooms so you aren't out in the open like at other hotels. The location of the hotel is great, just off of the freeway and easy access to nearby shopping at the Mall or outlet stores. This is the place to stay if you're visiting the area!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
nikkithomas, Director of Sales at Renaissance Plantation Fort Lauderdale, responded to this review, September 17, 2010
We are very happy that you enjoy staying at the Renaissance Ft. Lauderdale-Plantation Hotel. We appreciate the great review and look forward to welcoming you back.

Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2010

I am on the road nearly every week of the year, and have been for the last two decades or so. At this point, I've seen the best and worst of what they have to offer, and I know what works and what doesn't. Well, let me say this: The Renaissance in Plantation definitely works, on all levels, and any time I'm in Broward County, that's where you'll find me.

Why? First and foremost, because the service is top-notch. The staff made a great effort to know me personally, and regularly goes above and beyond the call of duty to take care of my needs. Second, the hotel itself (and its facilities) are first-class. I've tried every hotel bed there is, and I've never found one more comfortable than at the Renaissance. Third, the hotel is very conveniently located in the heart of Broward County, and I can get wherever I need to in minutes.

In short, I wouldn't stay anywhere else, and neither should you. Thanks, Renaissance.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
nikkithomas, Director of Sales at Renaissance Plantation Fort Lauderdale, responded to this review, August 26, 2010
We are very happy that you enjoy staying at the Renaissance Ft. Lauderdale-Plantation Hotel. We appreciate the great review, thank you so much

Flandreau, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2010

We were treated like royalty while staying with our family at the Renaissance Plantation the week of our daughter's wedding. We traveled from South Dakota with family, friends, and even our pastor which made this occasion a wonderful memory. We've shared the wonderful treatment and personal conversations we had there. We would return in a heartbeat.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
nikkithomas, Director of Sales at Renaissance Plantation Fort Lauderdale, responded to this review, July 27, 2010
Thank you for allowing the Renaissance Plantation to be a part of this momentous family occasion and thank you for taking the time to respond regarding your stay with us. I am so pleased to here that you enjoyed your stay. We take pride in the service we provide here at the Renaissance Plantation and I am certainly pleased you and your family had a great experience and I will pass on your kind words.
I look forward to welcoming you back to our property many times in the future.
Delightfully

Been to Renaissance Plantation Fort Lauderdale? Share your experiences!