Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Plantation to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Plantation
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Plantation
Miramar, Florida
“Perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

My stay here was great. I was very surprise to see how clean the room was although I did my own cleaning. The only thing was the smell in the room. It smelled like old smoke and it wasn't good for my asthma but I fixed da problem.

• Stayed March 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Villavicencio, Colombia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

Pros: Hotel was nice on the surroundings and area, staff was ok and friendly. Good location near the mall.

Cons: Very expensive considering the quality of the stay. Our room was in the first floor and had a terribly strong smell (it was a non-smoking room but it smelled like a smoker room), all the clothes we left in the closet had the smell all over. Every time you went into the room the smell would hit you.

We moved our chekout date to leave earlier, I would not return to this hotel and went to a different ESA, completely different experinece.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Nassau, New Providence Island
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

The room was nice and I liked the kitchen area with full sized fridge but the water in the bathroom did not get hot, no ice machines, water only in vending machine but was sold out and the side entrance closest to my room was dirty and had not been swept the 3 days I was there. I was also disappointed that because I booked through another site (hotels.com) I did not get amenities such as housekeeping, there was an additional charge. These things should be mentioned during purchase especially considering the amount that was paid.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Plantation, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I sincerely apologize that the cleanliness of our hotel did not meet your expectations. I will be meeting with our housekeeping staff to ensure your experience is not repeated. As well, I am sorry if our housekeeping policy was not explained to you prior to checking in. Lastly, I apologize for the issues you had with your hot water. I will be sure to meet with our maintenance staff regarding your review. Thank you again for your comments. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations, in the future.
Titusville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

I stayed in room 135. It was the first time staying in an ESA and thoroughly enjoyed the stay. The room is a handicap room so it met all my needs and then some. The furnishings in the room were excellent and the room and hotel were so quiet!!! Loved it!!! Bed comfort is awesome, but I missed breakfast because I checked in late and got up later. The handicap shower was really nice with lots of room. The hotel seemed to be very new / well constructed and the parking was easy to get in and out.
I wish I could have stayed longer, but I arrived with no reservations and all the hotels in the Miami area were completely booked because of the boat races, etc. (unknown to me). The wi-fi in the room was extremely slow so I gave up on trying to use it.
Rose was so helpful on the phone and was above and beyond with her customer service skills. The management should give her a raise!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Plantation, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Paul – Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I’m glad that we were able to provide you with a quiet, comfortable stay. It’s great to hear that our staff, especially Rose, provided you with great customer service. Customer service is a top priority of ours, so it’s great to hear that we were able to meet that goal. Still, I apologize that your Wi-Fi did not work. Your comments will be helpful as we continue to improve our hotel. Thank you again for your feedback. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.
plantation
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

Room is excellent very clean awesome location there is a mall right behind it in walking distance with everything you need including movie theatre there is a grill out by the pool to cook nice laundry room with plenty of machines and a very nice and helpful staff.

• Stayed February 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Plantation, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a great review of our hotel. I’m pleased to hear that you enjoyed our clean, convenient location and our laundry facilities. As well, I’m glad that you found our staff to be nice and helpful during your stay with us. The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Lutz, Fl
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

I stayed in 134. I checked in with Allison, and found her customer service to be excellent. I dropped my bags in the room and left for a couple of hours. I came back to a toilet that would not flush. I called the desk and was told that the "maintenance guy is gone for the day". I asked for a different room and was told "we are full". I gave them no options. Toilet has to work. I was told they had to call the manager at home. A few minutes later the desk clerk knocked on my door to look. "It's broken". I told her there is no option. Toilet has to work or I need a new room. She told me she would have the manager call me. This didn't happen. About 20 minutes later she called to tell me that the maintenance guy would be in within 30 minutes. He was. He fixed the toilet.

The hotel is in a good location, and is otherwise clean and quiet. Not bad for the price. Breakfast was coffee and muffins, and apples. I don't remember seeing juice or anything else. Maybe I missed it. Then comes bad experience number 2.

I woke up at 0600 to find that showed is luke warm. Obviously it doesn't make much sense to call the desk. They can't do anything about it. So that is how my day started.

A piece of advice.

Staff should never tell a customer they don't have anyone to make repairs, and they have to call the manager at home to find out what to do. This is basic stuff. Have someone on call or make an agreement with a maintenance company to cover after hours.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

For the third year in a row, this is my place in South Florida for my Christmas/New Year lasting vacations (6 weeks). The hotel is well situated, close to important highways, good restaurants (Olive Garden, Red Lobster, others), shopping mall (back yard). Hotel is quiet and well-kept : noisy guests are put out fastly. Bed comfort is awesome. Breakfast included offers oatmeal; grits are missing though.
Rates side : it is not a cheap hotel. But mostly, Extended Stay advertises weekly and monthly rates and it is not true. I stayed there for more than 6 weeks, asked for monthly or weekly rates but I paid the same price than the daily rates. Misleading advertising.

Room Tip: rooms with even numbers face the parking lot and the street (quiet street), while rooms with odd num...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Plantation, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Norbert - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. It’s great to hear that we were able to provide you with another comfortable stay. I am happy that you enjoyed our convenient location, grab-and-go breakfast, and your comfortable bed. Still, I apologize that you encountered some issues regarding our rates. Your comments will be useful as we continue to improve our guest experience. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Been to Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Plantation? Share your experiences!