“Nice room but was disappointed for the price paid” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Plantation

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Plantation to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Plantation
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7755 SW 6th St, Plantation, FL 33324   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #9 of 14 hotels in Plantation
Nassau, New Providence Island
“Nice room but was disappointed for the price paid”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

The room was nice and I liked the kitchen area with full sized fridge but the water in the bathroom did not get hot, no ice machines, water only in vending machine but was sold out and the side entrance closest to my room was dirty and had not been swept the 3 days I was there. I was also disappointed that because I booked through another site (hotels.com) I did not get amenities such as housekeeping, there was an additional charge. These things should be mentioned during purchase especially considering the amount that was paid.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Plantation, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I sincerely apologize that the cleanliness of our hotel did not meet your expectations. I will be meeting with our housekeeping staff to ensure your experience is not repeated. As well, I am sorry if our housekeeping policy was not explained to you prior to checking in. Lastly, I apologize for the issues you had with your hot water. I will be sure to meet with our maintenance staff regarding your review. Thank you again for your comments. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations, in the future.

61 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Titusville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

I stayed in room 135. It was the first time staying in an ESA and thoroughly enjoyed the stay. The room is a handicap room so it met all my needs and then some. The furnishings in the room were excellent and the room and hotel were so quiet!!! Loved it!!! Bed comfort is awesome, but I missed breakfast because I checked in late and got up later. The handicap shower was really nice with lots of room. The hotel seemed to be very new / well constructed and the parking was easy to get in and out.
I wish I could have stayed longer, but I arrived with no reservations and all the hotels in the Miami area were completely booked because of the boat races, etc. (unknown to me). The wi-fi in the room was extremely slow so I gave up on trying to use it.
Rose was so helpful on the phone and was above and beyond with her customer service skills. The management should give her a raise!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Plantation, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Paul – Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I’m glad that we were able to provide you with a quiet, comfortable stay. It’s great to hear that our staff, especially Rose, provided you with great customer service. Customer service is a top priority of ours, so it’s great to hear that we were able to meet that goal. Still, I apologize that your Wi-Fi did not work. Your comments will be helpful as we continue to improve our hotel. Thank you again for your feedback. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.
plantation
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

Room is excellent very clean awesome location there is a mall right behind it in walking distance with everything you need including movie theatre there is a grill out by the pool to cook nice laundry room with plenty of machines and a very nice and helpful staff.

• Stayed February 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Plantation, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a great review of our hotel. I’m pleased to hear that you enjoyed our clean, convenient location and our laundry facilities. As well, I’m glad that you found our staff to be nice and helpful during your stay with us. The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Lutz, Fl
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

I stayed in 134. I checked in with Allison, and found her customer service to be excellent. I dropped my bags in the room and left for a couple of hours. I came back to a toilet that would not flush. I called the desk and was told that the "maintenance guy is gone for the day". I asked for a different room and was told "we are full". I gave them no options. Toilet has to work. I was told they had to call the manager at home. A few minutes later the desk clerk knocked on my door to look. "It's broken". I told her there is no option. Toilet has to work or I need a new room. She told me she would have the manager call me. This didn't happen. About 20 minutes later she called to tell me that the maintenance guy would be in within 30 minutes. He was. He fixed the toilet.

The hotel is in a good location, and is otherwise clean and quiet. Not bad for the price. Breakfast was coffee and muffins, and apples. I don't remember seeing juice or anything else. Maybe I missed it. Then comes bad experience number 2.

I woke up at 0600 to find that showed is luke warm. Obviously it doesn't make much sense to call the desk. They can't do anything about it. So that is how my day started.

A piece of advice.

Staff should never tell a customer they don't have anyone to make repairs, and they have to call the manager at home to find out what to do. This is basic stuff. Have someone on call or make an agreement with a maintenance company to cover after hours.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

For the third year in a row, this is my place in South Florida for my Christmas/New Year lasting vacations (6 weeks). The hotel is well situated, close to important highways, good restaurants (Olive Garden, Red Lobster, others), shopping mall (back yard). Hotel is quiet and well-kept : noisy guests are put out fastly. Bed comfort is awesome. Breakfast included offers oatmeal; grits are missing though.
Rates side : it is not a cheap hotel. But mostly, Extended Stay advertises weekly and monthly rates and it is not true. I stayed there for more than 6 weeks, asked for monthly or weekly rates but I paid the same price than the daily rates. Misleading advertising.

Room Tip: rooms with even numbers face the parking lot and the street (quiet street), while rooms with odd num...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Plantation, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Norbert - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. It’s great to hear that we were able to provide you with another comfortable stay. I am happy that you enjoyed our convenient location, grab-and-go breakfast, and your comfortable bed. Still, I apologize that you encountered some issues regarding our rates. Your comments will be useful as we continue to improve our guest experience. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
north carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

We stayed for 4 nights at this hotel and were very impressed with the quality of our stay for the price. As soon as we checked in, we were helped by Allison who was very friendly and made us feel very welcomed. Our room was very large, even had a living room with an extra TV! The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was good for the two of us. Rose who works the front desk was extremely friendly and helpful. She was very attentive to our needs and even printed our boarding passes for us. The location was very centrally located to all highways and was within walking distance to shops and restaurants. The main door access after 11:00 PM was not working and no one picked up the phone to let us in, so my husband had to walk to the pool to get in. Management should put a note on the front door to tell the guests to go around the pool after hours. Other than that it was a good stay.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 214 and it was quite large and noise free.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Plantation, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our hotel and our great customer service. I wanted to apologize about the entry door issues.

Once again, thank you for sharing your experience with us. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014 via mobile

not a bad location not a bad set up the worst cleaning. what into the room and was hit with the smell of dirty carpet the bed was made but you can tell that the sheet will not ffresh. upon further inspection I found blood fresh blood on one of the pillows. good thing I know how to travel I had my own sheets I went out and bought a new comforter. me and my husband always travel with cleaning supplies. cute little kitchenette was cleaned by me. the bathroom toilet check it it was dirty also cleaned by me. tarp placed on the bed and our sheets were placed on it. forgot to bring our pillows so we placed their pillows in a plastic bag. then put our pillow cases on it. other than that with strict house keeping the place is not that bad. just be warned bring your own cleaning supplies and own bedding.

• Stayed January 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Plantation, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Your review for our hotel was recently brought to my attention. Please accept our most sincere apologies for the level of cleanliness in your room. As this hotel's manager, I can assure you that our company takes cleanliness very seriously and I am working with our staff to ensure that our services are more in line with our company's high standards moving forward. As well, we are going to provide your room with a deep clean to ensure this issue does not affect our future guests.

Our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.

Been to Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Plantation? Share your experiences!