“Home Sweet Home” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Plantation

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Plantation to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Plantation
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Plantation
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Home Sweet Home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

Anyone travels away from home feels lonely, homesick or a stranger in another town, but at the Extended Stay Plantation I feel home. I am from UK, I have been coming at least 3 times a year for the last 2 and a half years. I have stayed in many Hotels even 4 and 5 stars hotels but I have never felt home like the way I feel when I am at Extended Stay Plantation.
The hotel is located in a very nice area, from the front side of the hotel within walking distance there is a big plaza with restaurants and shops, the i595 interstate is 5 min drive from the hotel, from the back side of the Hotel is the mall which is a walking distance as well and opposite the mall there is Target super store. The rooms are spacious, very clean and neat, the hotel has excellent facilities. However, what made me choose this hotel is not just what I mentioned above, but the way I was treated and welcomed by the staff from the Manager Jennifer to Valery, Rose, John, Alison, Mario, Lena, Peaches, Kevin, Shaun the maintenance technician and of course the lovely room service ladies they are all brilliant. A special thank to Jennifer for being a great manager and a lovely person. I would definitely highly recommend this property to anybody in the Ft. Lauderdale area!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Plantation, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such an amazing review. I'm so pleased to hear that not only did our staff provide you with outstanding customer service, but your accommodations exceeded your expectations over and over again. The staff and I take great pride in our hotel and really appreciate the warm comments.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

The room was very clean, It was quiet, Very safe and nice area, pool area looked nice. Only problem was no queen size bed. it is complicated to get here,a map or gps is very helpful. There is lots of mall type shopping nearby, but no convenience stores

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Plantation, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that our bed type did not meet your needs; however, it's great to hear that our hotel was comfortable during your stay.

Monroeville, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Rose was excellent. She was pleasant and helpful (I was actually at the wrong Extended Stay hotel as my reservation was for the Davie location but when I told my kids--my ride--that I was at the Extended Stay they assumed it was the Plantation location and took me there). I was very pleased with the location and condition of the property--both outside and inside so when Rose suggested that she could move me into this one I was pleased. She was very pleasant and informative. Graciously worked through changing my reservation and maintaining the discount price I had acquired online for the other location. I am an executive assistant at a business in downtown Pittsburgh and was impressed with her ability to multi-task as calls and other customers came in while she was assisting me. That is not a skill everyone can do with ease (multi-task) and she was proficient at it. All while maintaining a pleasant and cheerful demeanor. I completely enjoyed my interactions with Rose both at check in that evening and the following morning as she was again on duty at the front desk.

Room Tip: Next time I would pick a room that is not on the first floor in the hallway nearest housekeeping/lau...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Plantation, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Renie - Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I am so glad to read that you liked our hotel's location and the condition of our property overall. As well, it is wonderful to know that our staff provided you with such great service, especially Rose. It will be extremely rewarding to share your comments with her.

PLantation
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

We ended up spending about 8 weeks at the Plantation Extended Stay and it was a very good experience. The manager, Jennifer, and her staff (Valery, Rose, Allison, Lena, John and Shaun the maintenance technician) were very helpful and efficient and we never had any problems. The property was clean and quiet despite the fact that there were always lots of cars in the parking lot. Across the road they have the Fountains Plaza with restaurants, Joann's, Dicks, Sweet tomatoes, Kohl's, Marshalls... and on the other side they have the Westfield Mall. Whole Foods and Publix supermarkets are within walking distance...
The breakfast is an "on the go" breakfast. The laundry room was well kept and the front office always had quarters.
We would definitely recommend this property to anybody in the Ft. Lauderdale area!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Paula - I appreciate you taking the time to write such a great review. Thank you for your comments regarding the level of cleanliness throughout our hotel and the wonderful customer service our staff provided during your stay. I will be sure to share your comments with Valery, Rose, Allison, Lena, John and Shaun. As well, I am glad that you liked our hotel's location.

Plainfield, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I am writing this review to compliment this Extended Stay staff for its excellent tenant service. In particular we were extremely please with one front desk staff person Rose L. After a long tiring flight from New York and a drive from the airport to the hotel facility we were exhausted. When we entered the Extended Stay hotel we were greated with a bright smile and cheerful Rose L. She said, " Welcome to Extended Stay.." and immediately we felt relieved.Rose L checked us in and in a period of 10 minutes we were in our room. Excellent staff...and kudos to the housekeeping staff as well.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Plantation, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Clarence - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that our staff provided you with such great customer service and that they made your stay memorable. The staff and I truly enjoyed having you stay with us and we hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations, in the future.
Paradise Island, New Providence Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

this hotel has all you need and is very close to shopping and eatery would highly reccom.After a week of hotels chose this to be close to Airport. Great room, very clean, staff completely courteous, quiet even though parking lot was full. The hotel was beyond clean. And I take clean seriously. Great location, easy to move around Ft Lauderdale and vicinity. my 6yr old did not want to leave

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Plantation, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Valencia - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you liked the hotel's location, you clean room and the service our staff provided to you. As well, I am glad that you enjoyed shopping and eating out in the area.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for 2 nights in a studio with a queen bed. The bed was comfortable and I liked that they had a filter attached to the kitchen tap. The room was very clean. Only gripes are that the wireless didnt seem to be working, and it was a bit tricky finding the hotel. Otherwise it was perfect.

• Stayed August 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Plantation, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am proud of our team for making your stay a memorable one. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Been to Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Plantation? Share your experiences!