“Magnificicent” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Plantation

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Plantation to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Plantation
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Plantation
Doral, Florida
“Magnificicent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

I dont know where to start. The hotel is in a really nice place, close to a lot of shops. You get in, and the check in is a breeze. The room itself is really nice. The kitchen has everything you need. The bathroom is clean and big. I don't worry about soap and such because I bring my own. The continental breakfast didnt look like much, but it had the basics that you need. Overall, really nice hotel at a good price in an area where prices are usually over the top.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Eileen R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Plantation, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Fort Lauderdale - Plantation. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay America(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Seattle
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Rooms really dusty dirty. AC did not work. You really really get less than you pay for here. The internet didnt work, than it kind of did. The walls are tissue paper. Nothing provided but one bar of flaky soap. No real service and the service you get is based on the premise that you get zero for this price. So a very thin matress, sheets and a door is what you get here. If your neighbor gets up at 3 am you do too. If they sneeze it will awake you here. Uggggh!!!! Be warned .... this is a bed.. some dust and a door...period.

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay America Fort Lauderdale - Plantation. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

We know that you have several lodging options, which is why it is so important to us that we provide you with a clean, comfortable room at an affordable price. We recognize that if our guests can't get a good night's sleep, they won't return, so we've chosen bedding that we hope best suits their needs. I do take seriously your concern, and promise that we will continue to look for ways to make sure every guest is as comfortable as possible when staying with us.

Although it is unusual for a guest to have the experience you did while staying with us, we would like to use your account to help us make our hotel even better. Again, I am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel, and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel or to our guest relations team directly by visiting our website and clicking the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future here or at any of Extended Stay America(sm)' other locations throughout the U.S. and in Canada.
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

I really wanted to like this hotel, it is beautiful on the outside and seemed very nice from the pictures. From the look alone of the hotel and rooms inside, it seems very clean and cute. However, I found myself very much looking forward to the date that I would be checking out.

When I first walked in my room, it immediately smelled weird. Like cleanser, or a dish rag type smell. Another reviewer compared it to a bowling alley smell and I thought: Yes. Exactly.

When I first walked in, the silverware drawer in the kitchen was open as well as the cabinet under the sink. Odd. Must have just been forgotten.

After doing a walk through of the room, I noticed 3 large black hairs (that I dare not hope be what I assume they to be) in the bathtub, and 1 right on top of the oven vent. I wouldn't even clean them off because I didn't want to touch them.

One of my lights flickered so bad I had to leave it off and deal with the dimness. The bed was MUCH too hard. I felt so sore after laying on it for even a short time. One of my favorite parts of traveling is the oh-so-comfy pillows that hotels tend to have. These were unbearable. I like down pillows, these were just cotton but I could NOT get comfortable when sleeping with the hard bed and pillow combination.

I was also surprised by the lack of amenities in the hotel. I have never stayed at an ES before so I guess maybe I am uneducated as to what an ES hotel entails. But there was literally just 2 bars of soap. I wanted water in the middle of the night but there was no disposable cup like many hotels have. And the dishes in the cabinets... well, I had no dish soap to wash a cup with.

I was also disappointed with the housekeeping "rules". If you stay 7 or more days, they will clean your room, make the bed, replace towels, etc. But if you stay less than that, you get nothing. In all reality -- all I really needed was clean towels and the garbage taken out. But it stays that you must take your garbage out and exchange towels at the front desk.

The garbage was another thing -- the room was an okay size, with a mini-kitchen, and bathroom, and the only garbage can in the whole room was a tiny little one in the bathroom. Every hotel I can remember being in has more than 1 garbage can. So trying to order pizza, heat up food, etc. and keep using this tiny can was a little irritating.

My TV was also completely, 100% "snow", on every channel with a hint of a picture behind it. I honestly did not want to bother anyone nor did I expect some handy man to be on site to fix a TV when I returned to my whole at night, so I just did without it but would have much preferred to use the TV.

Last but not least -- the chairs. There are 2 desk chairs in the room, which I sat at both. When I got up, I noticed a very disturbing large white stain on the chair. I went to the other chair and noticed more stains on those, near the front... brown colored. I was so repulsed, I only sat on the bed after that except once when I used my computer, I set towels on the chairs.

It also seemed very loud.. so much racket that I kept wondering WHAT was going on. And I think the room next to me cooked and the smell drifted over and whatever it was did not smell appetizing. I think I will avoid ES hotels going forward, as I have stayed in other hotels with kitchenettes that seemed more "homelike" and still had regular hotel amenities.

All in all - I would say this hotel has a lot of potential. There are many people who clearly love the place and I think it would be a very likeable place and one I would return to with some changes: get rid of the smell. Add a garbage can to the rooms. Consider comfier pillows. And with these hairs and stains -- housekeeping needs to be addressed.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Eileen R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Plantation, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Fort Lauderdale - Plantation. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

It's not common that we get the sort of feedback you provided, and although it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future. Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay America(sm) brand location in the future.
Northeast USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I have stayed in a lot of hotels -- both high-end hotels and budget hotels. I have to say, overall, this is the BEST service I ever received in any type of hotel, PERIOD. As I have stayed in Extended Stay hotels before, I did know what to expect from this type of hotel -- fully equipped kitchen, limited service, etc. The website said recently renovated property, so we chose this one over the other nearby Extended Stay hotels even though it was slightly higher priced. The property was definitely as advertised – recently painted rooms, new microwave & utensils, good blankets, bed sheets, pillows etc.

These were all good, but what impressed me MOST were the extra miles the property manager, Ms. Jennifer Greene, and her staff went to serve the guests. First, they were very courteous, helpful etc. I reserved with a discount code, and she explained at the check-in that even though my credit card was being charged in full without the discount now, it would be adjusted during the checkout. During the checkout, Ms. Greene wasn’t there and the staff on duty said she couldn’t do it as she didn’t have the right privileges on the system. However, she will tell Ms. Greene about this when she is back and they would take care of it. It didn’t happen for couple of days. So I sent an email about this, and Ms. Greene promptly took care of it within minutes. Really appreciate it.

Now, the REAL reason why I say this hotel gave me the best service ever. While check out, we forgot to take the family picture we took at the Jungle Island. It was a favorite one for my son (a camel ride!!!), we were keeping it carefully – so much so that we missed it as we put it in an upright position with the backside facing the room in a not-so-obvious location. We realized it a day later when we were back in our home in the northeast. I called up the hotel without knowing what to expect. The housekeeping found it and deposited it to the front desk. Ms. Greene confirmed the address to ship it back and said she would take care of it that day. I told her to charge the shipping cost to my credit card. Her response was, “Don’t worry about it.” I was really surprised. In some hotels, they charge $10 onwards just to receive something at the front desk from the courier that you yourself would pick up later, forget about getting something shipped back free of charge. It was a treasured picture, so the entire incident was extra sweet!

Great Job, Ms Greene and team! I’d pick your property again in a heartbeat if we are back in the area.

The Folks who stayed at Room # 329 during third week of December 2012.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Eileen R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Plantation, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Fort Lauderdale - Plantation. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays.

Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay America location.
Ormond Beach, Florida, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Extended Stay America is exactly what it claims to be - a hotel for guests who aim to stay more than a day or two at an affordable rate. Expect to see many working people such as cable installers staying there while doing work in the area.

My double studio was hotel basic - two double beds, small dresser, closet and chair, basic bathroom. Nothing in the room was new but it was clean and serviceable. There were three plusses - a card table-sized table and two comfortable chairs which could function as a desk or table for eating, a new flat screen TV (but only basic cable and Showtime, no movies on demand) and a kitchenette with a two-burner stove, microwave and good size refrigerator.

What makes an extended stay hotel different from a regular one? First, the desk staff don't seem to be as experienced as most in a larger, more transient hotel. For example, when I tried to check in early (complete the paperwork, leave a credit card, etc.) and pick up a key later because I had to be somewhere and wouldn't get back until late, they were unfamiliar with the procedure. Second, the hotel provides little in the way of supplies - only a small bar of soap in the bathroom and two rolls of toilet paper. You are expected to supply your own shampoo, dishwashing detergent, paper towels, etc. On the plus side, there is a nice and always available laundry room ($2.00 to wash, $2.00 to dry) and a small but uncrowded swimming pool. Rooms are not serviced daily (clean linens, beds made etc.) but you can pay for weekly cleaning if you are staying over time.

The kitchenette in my room was only minimally stocked - two plates, four spoons, two pans, etc. If you really intend to cook and eat in the room, you may well need more dishes, silverware, pots and pans.

The mattress was very soft - I hated it, my daughter loved it. It seemed old to me and gave me the worst night's sleep in a long time.

The hotel itself is small with plenty of parking. It is set back from the road with a treed parking lot, making for a quiet setting. It is, however, convenient to several major roads and close to everything - shopping mall, grocery store, movie theater, etc.

In this case, you get what you pay for, but the price is right.

Room Tip: Rooms on the first floor are most convenient to the laundry facilities and pool. Also, allow you to...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Eileen R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Plantation, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Fort Lauderdale - Plantation. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay America(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

I was a bit sceptical about staying at this chain of hotels knowing that people stay there for long periods of time, but they shocked me. The room was immaculate, flat screen LG tv, kitchenette etc. The only downfall is the room service, they do not clean the room every day, instead they clean once every 7 days. I guess that means I needed to keep the room clean ... lol . Oh and by the way the Grab and go breakfast ...its better you just go. It was a good stay.. perfect location.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Eileen R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Plantation, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Fort Lauderdale - Plantation. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay America got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Marathon, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

This hotel is clean, but very plain and basic. No special amenities. We initially chose it because it allows pets for a $25 per day fee. We only stayed one night. They do not offer the option of king-sized beds, and the mattress was too firm for our taste. The staff were friendly and helpful. We prefer a higher-end experience than this hotel offers.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Plantation? Share your experiences!