“best hotel stay experience, ever!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Plantation

You added Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Plantation to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Plantation
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7755 SW 6th St, Plantation, FL 33324   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
SAVE 15% TODAY!
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Plantation
Northeast USA
“best hotel stay experience, ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I have stayed in a lot of hotels -- both high-end hotels and budget hotels. I have to say, overall, this is the BEST service I ever received in any type of hotel, PERIOD. As I have stayed in Extended Stay hotels before, I did know what to expect from this type of hotel -- fully equipped kitchen, limited service, etc. The website said recently renovated property, so we chose this one over the other nearby Extended Stay hotels even though it was slightly higher priced. The property was definitely as advertised – recently painted rooms, new microwave & utensils, good blankets, bed sheets, pillows etc.

These were all good, but what impressed me MOST were the extra miles the property manager, Ms. Jennifer Greene, and her staff went to serve the guests. First, they were very courteous, helpful etc. I reserved with a discount code, and she explained at the check-in that even though my credit card was being charged in full without the discount now, it would be adjusted during the checkout. During the checkout, Ms. Greene wasn’t there and the staff on duty said she couldn’t do it as she didn’t have the right privileges on the system. However, she will tell Ms. Greene about this when she is back and they would take care of it. It didn’t happen for couple of days. So I sent an email about this, and Ms. Greene promptly took care of it within minutes. Really appreciate it.

Now, the REAL reason why I say this hotel gave me the best service ever. While check out, we forgot to take the family picture we took at the Jungle Island. It was a favorite one for my son (a camel ride!!!), we were keeping it carefully – so much so that we missed it as we put it in an upright position with the backside facing the room in a not-so-obvious location. We realized it a day later when we were back in our home in the northeast. I called up the hotel without knowing what to expect. The housekeeping found it and deposited it to the front desk. Ms. Greene confirmed the address to ship it back and said she would take care of it that day. I told her to charge the shipping cost to my credit card. Her response was, “Don’t worry about it.” I was really surprised. In some hotels, they charge $10 onwards just to receive something at the front desk from the courier that you yourself would pick up later, forget about getting something shipped back free of charge. It was a treasured picture, so the entire incident was extra sweet!

Great Job, Ms Greene and team! I’d pick your property again in a heartbeat if we are back in the area.

The Folks who stayed at Room # 329 during third week of December 2012.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Eileen R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Plantation, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Fort Lauderdale - Plantation. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays.

Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay America location.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Ormond Beach, Florida, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Extended Stay America is exactly what it claims to be - a hotel for guests who aim to stay more than a day or two at an affordable rate. Expect to see many working people such as cable installers staying there while doing work in the area.

My double studio was hotel basic - two double beds, small dresser, closet and chair, basic bathroom. Nothing in the room was new but it was clean and serviceable. There were three plusses - a card table-sized table and two comfortable chairs which could function as a desk or table for eating, a new flat screen TV (but only basic cable and Showtime, no movies on demand) and a kitchenette with a two-burner stove, microwave and good size refrigerator.

What makes an extended stay hotel different from a regular one? First, the desk staff don't seem to be as experienced as most in a larger, more transient hotel. For example, when I tried to check in early (complete the paperwork, leave a credit card, etc.) and pick up a key later because I had to be somewhere and wouldn't get back until late, they were unfamiliar with the procedure. Second, the hotel provides little in the way of supplies - only a small bar of soap in the bathroom and two rolls of toilet paper. You are expected to supply your own shampoo, dishwashing detergent, paper towels, etc. On the plus side, there is a nice and always available laundry room ($2.00 to wash, $2.00 to dry) and a small but uncrowded swimming pool. Rooms are not serviced daily (clean linens, beds made etc.) but you can pay for weekly cleaning if you are staying over time.

The kitchenette in my room was only minimally stocked - two plates, four spoons, two pans, etc. If you really intend to cook and eat in the room, you may well need more dishes, silverware, pots and pans.

The mattress was very soft - I hated it, my daughter loved it. It seemed old to me and gave me the worst night's sleep in a long time.

The hotel itself is small with plenty of parking. It is set back from the road with a treed parking lot, making for a quiet setting. It is, however, convenient to several major roads and close to everything - shopping mall, grocery store, movie theater, etc.

In this case, you get what you pay for, but the price is right.

Room Tip: Rooms on the first floor are most convenient to the laundry facilities and pool. Also, allow you to...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Eileen R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Plantation, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Fort Lauderdale - Plantation. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay America(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Trinidad and Tobago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

I was a bit sceptical about staying at this chain of hotels knowing that people stay there for long periods of time, but they shocked me. The room was immaculate, flat screen LG tv, kitchenette etc. The only downfall is the room service, they do not clean the room every day, instead they clean once every 7 days. I guess that means I needed to keep the room clean ... lol . Oh and by the way the Grab and go breakfast ...its better you just go. It was a good stay.. perfect location.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Eileen R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Plantation, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Fort Lauderdale - Plantation. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay America got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Marathon, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

This hotel is clean, but very plain and basic. No special amenities. We initially chose it because it allows pets for a $25 per day fee. We only stayed one night. They do not offer the option of king-sized beds, and the mattress was too firm for our taste. The staff were friendly and helpful. We prefer a higher-end experience than this hotel offers.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

The morning I was to arrive I get a call that my confirmed reservation was a problem because they had no room available for me that night. THAT WAS A CONFIRMED RESERVATION!!! I delayed my trip till the next day and I did get my two rooms that night. Problem, instead of adjoining rooms as requested in my supposed confirmed reservation, the rooms were down the hall from each other. The hotel smelled like the disinfectant used in bowling shoes so the whole place smelled like a bowling alley, not a pleasant smell. Housekeeping never came with six inches of the walls in the rooms or hallways. The build up of dirt was astonishing! The kitchenette in the room was minimal with a refrigerator that looked like it had been through a war zone.

This is definitely a hotel to stay away from

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Eileen R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Plantation, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize about the overbooking of the hotel during your scheduled stay with us. We will work with our entire team to help prevent situations like this from happening in the future. We also would like to apologize regarding the odor in the public areas of the hotel. We will look into our air deodorizers and discuss if there is a product that may have a more pleasant smell. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at fpl@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

I've stayed at the Extended Stay America in plantation for almost two years now, as my husband is working in the area, and have been here through the renovations and new Staff. Although I was happy before, the new renovations and additions to customer comfort are incredible! The new Manager, Jennifer, has done a beautiful job of make sure everything is just right. The rooms are clean and fresh, the pool area/outdoor sitting area makes you feel like your in your own backyard. The staff is excellent! They are all willing to go above and beyond to make sure your stay here is as comfortable as possible. Thank you ESA, Plantation for making my home away from home such a Pleasant experience!!

Room Tip: As all the rooms have been renovated, you can't go wrong with any of them!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that you enjoyed our new, fresh, clean look. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Kingston, Jamaica
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I checked in at app. 10:00 pm after a long flight. I am a regular guest who visited this same location app 8 times. The receptionist on duty was Katrina who I have observed is very predjudice. I explain to her that I was diabetic and was desperate in need of a restroom, she told me no not until i get to my room. I handed her my ID and the funds which include a deposit of $75.00 and $332.00 for the rooms. She told me she did not have any change, being so anxious to reach the restroom I begged her to let me have the keys so I could go to the room and then pick up the change later. I was shocked when she looked at me and said no, I explained to her my position again and also reminded her that I am a regular visit but she ignored me. lt was then I realized that the urine rolled down my feet I WET MYSELF, this was so embarrassing. I showed her what had happen and it was at that point she pulled out a draw and took a lot of change, I got seven dollar note. CAN U BELIEVE IT SHE HAD CHANGE. Then she gave me the key. However, another receptionist came a day after she is Lauren, I dont have words to describe her, polite, friendly, helpful she will make your day. People like her will promote your business. GOOD JOB LAUREN KEEP IT UP.

Room Tip: Room on the ground floor are better cleaner and recently renovated, but are only given to the Ameri...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Eileen R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Plantation, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to respond. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was not gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the amount of time required to check in as well as not being allowed to use the restroom. We will speak with our entire team to ensure that we make appropriate corrections so this type of situation does not happen again the the future. It's not common that we get the sort of feedback you provided, and although it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future.

I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay America brand location in the future. If you would like to discuss this more in detail or with management directly, please feel free to contact us at anytime.

Been to Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Plantation? Share your experiences!