“Nice hotel and staff.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Plantation
Ft. Lauderdale, United States
“Nice hotel and staff.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

I enjoyed my stay at this hotel. The beds were comfortable and linens very clean. The location is excellent for shopping and dining. The staff is friendly and very helpful. Check in and check out was fast. Lots of parking space. Coffee available 24 hours, laundry services, and good hot breakfast. Most of all, the price is right.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Shonelle B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale Plantation, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. We appreciate your time and your business.

Shonelle Boucher

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

I was unsure what to expect at this hotel based on the mixed reviews on tripadvisor. However, I decided to risk it since it seemed like the price was right and the location could not be beat. It is literally walking distance from broward mall as well as the fountains plaza. There is also a target down the street. I also wanted to visit sawgrass mills and there is a bus station at broward mall that takes you there for a few dollars.
My first contact with the hotel started a couple days before my trip as I was traveling with my mum and wanted the experience to be hassle free. I called the hotel a couple days prior to my trip to enquire about the shuttle service for an airport pick up. I was told that once I had arrived and cleared baggage claim that I should call them and they would send the shuttle. Sounded simple enough. Upon arrival I called the hotel and was directed by the manager to the pick up location to wait and told that 'it could be 30 minutes'. She even took my number and indicated that she would call if anything. After an hour long wait, no sign of the shuttle nor any return phone call from the hotel I decided to take a taxi. Got to the hotel in no more than 15 minutes, no sign of any traffic that could cause a delay with the shuttle or anything and a $32. price tag on the meter. When I went to check in I mentioned that I had called for the shuttle and unapologetically the manager informed me that the driver was at the airport looking for me. I told her I waited an hour and saw no sign of a shuttle. She went on to make a comment about my race which was offensive and unnecessary. At that point she must have seen the look on my face and enquired about the cost of the taxi and even offered to refund my the amount which I readily accepted. At that point I was more than ready to let it all go and move on to enjoying my few days off. had booked on expedia so we made a compromise and she indicated that she would pay for the taxi back to the airport since I had an early flight and their shuttle didn't start until 8am. Interestingly enough the whole time i stayed I never once saw a shuttle come by. I seriously doubt there was one at least during my stay.
The room itself wasn't terrible but it did have some issues. For starters the door didn't close properly from the outside so you always have to double check or it could easily be left opened. The toilet didn't always flush on the first try and for two people sharing a room that is a huge problem. The bedding was too soft and the pillows too small and too flat. my biggest problem had to be the air conditioner though. It was extremely loud often awakening us from our sleep every time it roared to life. I must admit that the room was clean but one day the cups were not replaced even though all were used.
Breakfast was alright but nothing really special. There was little variation over the three days I stayed but what was offered was adequate considering it was a free breakfast after all.
I really appreciated having wifi free throughout the property as I have come to expect from all Hampton inns.
The day before my checkout I asked a clerk at the front desk (Nathaline) if I could use the computer to print our boarding passes for our travel the following day. She indicated that the computer was not connected to a printer and that she would have to do it for us at the front desk. I was slightly taken aback but I figured that there wasn't another option. So I proceeded to give her the flight information and our passport info while she indicated that she was able to check us in she could not print the boarding passes. Waited almost 45mins and she still could not get it printed. I eventually asked if I could see what the issue was and very clearly it stated that Adobe was not installed and obviously it was required to view and print the boarding passes. When I explained this she didn't seem to understand that it needed to be installed and not just downloaded. Then she said that she would take the information and check it on another computer (out of my line of sight)- very suspect but i complied. And even then she could not get it printed. At this point very serious red flags were going up in my mind. So I asked her if I tried it myself from the business center if she could get it printed, since up until that point I was under the impression that the computer was not connected to a printer. She said I could try and wrote down a printer I could send it to. It literally took me two seconds to get it printed from the computer in the business center and the printer was located next to the computer in there. I cannot wrap my mind around it. Why even go to all that trouble if I can do it myself. And what is with the lies and secrecy about the printer being connected to the computer?! Once I completed printing I approached the desk to inform the clerk that I had gotten through. She was clearly on a personal call and did not have the courtesy to even look up to acknowledge me. Walked away feeling extremely uneasy about the whole thing. Here you have a hotel employee with personal information about a guest, unable to get through a simple task and then refusing to acknowledge me when I have what I need. No guest should ever feel this vulnerable at a hotel.
Then came departure day, the hotel prearranged a taxi for us as they were paying for it. Our flight was early so we boomed the taxi for 5am. When the taxi arrived I was taken aback that it was not marked in the typical way taxis are. Seeing that the hotel had made the arrangements I decided against my better judgment to just go with it. On our way to the airport suddenly the driver decided that he 'heard something' and pulled onto the shoulder. I'm no mechanic but I do drive and all I heard was the sound of the wheel going over a typical lane separator or perhaps at most an imperfection in the road. So the driver suddenly informs us that he will call one of his drivers to take us to the airport. When asked how long will it be he responds that it should be no more than 10 mins. In fact, the other driver took a total of 35 mins and three more phone calls before arriving. When we mentioned to the driver that we would be late for our flight he replied that we should have left earlier. Eventually the other driver arrived and thankfully we got to the airport safely just in time to board our flight, without being mugged or worse on the side of the freeway. While the breakdown is certainly no fault of the hotel I would think that the safety of their guests should be a priority and that at the very least the booking should have been made with a reputable cab company. I am extremely disappointed with the service offered by this hotel. Save yourself the trouble and stay elsewhere. There is a Marriott a few steps away as well as a Sheraton and many other places that would give you the benefit of a great location.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your hotel. I would like to offer my sincere apology for the inconveniences you experienced and any miscommunication between you and our staff. It is our goal to offer every guest a satisfactory stay and regret that we did not accomplish that with you.

Thank you once again and please accept my apology.

Jenks, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

The hotel staff was great - once we arrived.

Shuttle service is a bit of a problem. When I booked the room I was told that I needed to call the day before arrival to schedule shuttles from the airport & to the cruise terminal. But when I called back to schedule I was told I couldn't schedule over the phone, I had to call once I arrived at the airport & got my luggage to have a shuttle come. And then I would have to schedule the cruise transfer at check-in. The problem in my opinion with that is that for the airport we had to wait an undetermined amount of time (depending on where they shuttle driver was & how long it would take to get there) and then we missed the early shuttles to the cruise terminal. The clerk did give us a late checkout so that we could wait in our room instead of the lobby but if they had let me sign up over the phone I would have gotten started on my cruise earlier.

Shuttle service aside, the place was okay. Close to a mall & food (walking distance). Friendly staff, decent breakfast, beds & room just okay - nothing to brag or complain about. Would stay again just because the price was right for what we needed - an overnight with free transportation.

Room Tip: We were put in a smoking room because I didn't think to specify no-smoking. So make sure you do.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your hotel. I would like to offer my sincere apology for the inconveniences you experienced with the shuttle service and scheduling. We are working on improving our shuttle service time schedule.

Stone Mountain, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Requested a non smoking room. This was unavailable. Room was dirty, a roll-away was in the corner, carpet was peeling up at the doorway from old water damage. Room smelled of mold. Outside side entrance was being propped open by ashtray. Security was lacking. Motel across the street was surrounded with high fence and security gate. I checked out immediately.

Room Tip: Avoid this Hampton Inn
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your hotel. I would like to apolgize for the inconveniences you experience.

Sarasota, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

Across the street was the mall,stores,restaurants and movies walking distance. The breakfast was just fine nothing great, but come down early because it gets busy not that many tables to eat. I like the queen size beds but the tiny pillows have to go they suck. Queen size bed gets queen size pillows but I notice all hilton hotels have tiny pillows . The place was getting remodeling but it was fine.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

The hotel was in a great location with a lot of activities nearby. The staff was helpful and friendly and went above and beyond to make sure I had everything I needed. The lobby had just been renovated and was beautiful. Happy hour in the lobby on my first night, which was unexpected and much needed. The pool area was nice and private and relaxing.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Shonelle B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale Plantation, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on our property. We appreciate your time and your business.

If there is anything we can do improve our service please let me know.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

Very nice place to stay and staff are extremely helpful. Nice mall right behind the hotel. The hotel provides shuttle service to and from the airport. The only issue is the hotel shuttle does not start until 8:00a to take guests to the airport. If you have to be at the airport early(my flight left at 8:30a) arrangements with a cab service have to be made and the guest pays for that service. However, the hotel clerk will assist you with making arrangements. The hotel offers a very nice breakfast that is included with your stay and a free happy hour with beer, wine, and snacks Mon-Fri. I would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

If there is anything we can do improve our service please let me know.

Sincerely
Shonelle Boucher

Been to Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale Plantation? Share your experiences!