“Very convenient to flyers and cruisers” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now and save 15%
Ranked #2 of 14 hotels in Plantation
Gaithersburg, Maryland
“Very convenient to flyers and cruisers”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Booked multiple rooms to stay with extended family as an overnight stop on way to a cruise. Not very close to FLL airport or Everglades Port, but very convenient because their pick-up/drop-off to/from airport and sea port are complementary. Their port droff-off shuttle gets full fast, so book in advance. Despite booking the shuttle 24 hours in advance, the desk person called my room the night before to tell me that the 11:00 AM shuttle to the cruise port is cancelled so they would put my group in the 10 AM or 12 noon shuttle. Then I found out next morning that the shuttle was not actually cancelled....but, they probably had some other 'higher priority' guests so the night desk person gave me some cockamamie story of one of the vans/shuttle being in shop. The AM desk person had no idea why they bumped us off and gave our slots to some other guests. But, she was very nice and make the van wait for us and we doubled up and took the 11 AM shuttle. Not a pleasant experience but it ended well thanks to the AM desk person. Our thanks to her!

406 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
St Michael, Barbados
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Hampton Inn, Plantation provided a very comfortable environment for my wife and I as we visited for my graduation. The breakfast was very good and the nearby bistro makes excellent meals for dinner. The convenient parking for our car and the easy access door to and from the parking area was an added bonus. Our only difficulty was with the Internet connection for using Skype but it worked fine if you are just browsing. The immediate neighborhood is very quiet and its close proximity to a major shopping mall is an added bonus.We are already planning for a return visit.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Port of Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

I had a great experience at this hotel. the staff were very friendly and accommodating especially David . They carried us to the mall and other places as well. Happy Hour was very good as well , front desk staff was also very accommodating and willing to assist us with any problems we had. Breakfast was also very good as well.

Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

ref 9303341 i had a horrible stay at this hotel. I have been trying to resolve an issue with the corporate offices for 11 months, i have an e mail stating that I was getting a refund of one night a measly 109.89 and they will not send it, every two weeks I have been calling out of principal do what you say you will do to make things right I keep getting oh its coming oh next week here it is almost one year later and nothing. the hampton Inn is falsely advertising satisfaction guarantee. absolutely not!!! they have taken me for a ride for almost a year the one and only time I have ever complained. i have been using hamptons for years no more!!! False advertising. this hotel was dirty and customer service managers were very Rude! Enough no more. very very disappointed.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Santa Fe, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

I had no phone service for the 7 days I was in the hotel. After many many complaints, nothing was done about the problem. And now the hotel is creating even more problems in that they refuse to speak with me and refuse to return my phone calls. I am dealing with American Express because I charged the room on their card and the hotel is standing fast saying I need to pay for the room even though I was placed in a terrible position because I had no phone service at all for the entire stay.
In all the years I have dealt with Hampton Inn, I have never experienced any problem such as the one in Plantation, Florida.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Vienna, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

The hotel has shuttle service between cruise port and airport. Both are about a 15 min. ride. Service was great, clean rooms , wonderfull beds. Nice pool. One half block from mall, with food court. There are several large chain resturants in walking distance. Breakfast was better than most Hampton inn`s.Will stay here again. Stayed one night before and after cruise.

Room Tip: Had rooms on 3rd floor both nights, both were great.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Fort Pierce
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

We stayed during the Florida State Finals High School Rodeo. Kinda hard to find but off the highway and very quiet. Breakfast was great all three mornings and the price was rightl. Rooms were clean and spacious. Bed was too soft for me but my daughter liked it. Pool was nice and the location is great. Shops and restaurants very close. We would stay again.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Been to Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale Plantation? Share your experiences!