“Very pleasant experience” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Plantation
St Michael, Barbados
“Very pleasant experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Hampton Inn, Plantation provided a very comfortable environment for my wife and I as we visited for my graduation. The breakfast was very good and the nearby bistro makes excellent meals for dinner. The convenient parking for our car and the easy access door to and from the parking area was an added bonus. Our only difficulty was with the Internet connection for using Skype but it worked fine if you are just browsing. The immediate neighborhood is very quiet and its close proximity to a major shopping mall is an added bonus.We are already planning for a return visit.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Port of Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

I had a great experience at this hotel. the staff were very friendly and accommodating especially David . They carried us to the mall and other places as well. Happy Hour was very good as well , front desk staff was also very accommodating and willing to assist us with any problems we had. Breakfast was also very good as well.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

ref 9303341 i had a horrible stay at this hotel. I have been trying to resolve an issue with the corporate offices for 11 months, i have an e mail stating that I was getting a refund of one night a measly 109.89 and they will not send it, every two weeks I have been calling out of principal do what you say you will do to make things right I keep getting oh its coming oh next week here it is almost one year later and nothing. the hampton Inn is falsely advertising satisfaction guarantee. absolutely not!!! they have taken me for a ride for almost a year the one and only time I have ever complained. i have been using hamptons for years no more!!! False advertising. this hotel was dirty and customer service managers were very Rude! Enough no more. very very disappointed.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Santa Fe, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

I had no phone service for the 7 days I was in the hotel. After many many complaints, nothing was done about the problem. And now the hotel is creating even more problems in that they refuse to speak with me and refuse to return my phone calls. I am dealing with American Express because I charged the room on their card and the hotel is standing fast saying I need to pay for the room even though I was placed in a terrible position because I had no phone service at all for the entire stay.
In all the years I have dealt with Hampton Inn, I have never experienced any problem such as the one in Plantation, Florida.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Vienna, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

The hotel has shuttle service between cruise port and airport. Both are about a 15 min. ride. Service was great, clean rooms , wonderfull beds. Nice pool. One half block from mall, with food court. There are several large chain resturants in walking distance. Breakfast was better than most Hampton inn`s.Will stay here again. Stayed one night before and after cruise.

Room Tip: Had rooms on 3rd floor both nights, both were great.
Fort Pierce
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

We stayed during the Florida State Finals High School Rodeo. Kinda hard to find but off the highway and very quiet. Breakfast was great all three mornings and the price was rightl. Rooms were clean and spacious. Bed was too soft for me but my daughter liked it. Pool was nice and the location is great. Shops and restaurants very close. We would stay again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Gainesville, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I called the hotel in advanced because the wedding I attended near Plantation ended super early, and had no where to go. The receptionist was very polite and found a way to allow us to check-in at that moment! Literally, I called and she said, whenever you arrive, the room is ready! I was astonished and hoped this would lead to a great experience--I wasn't entirely wrong. When we arrived there was a crowd at the front desk. I waited for my turn only to have other rude people jump in front of me for no apparent reason. I guess they felt their needs were more important than mine. This was due to the fact that a shuttle was supposed to be leaving soon and people weren't sure of what they needed to be doing. Let's just say, it wasn't a warm welcome. When we finally got checked in, we went up to our room and the A/C cover was off. I just thought, maybe the person before us broke it. Much to my surprise a few minutes later a man just entered the room (without knocking). I happened to be in the restroom changing clothes from the wedding! Luckily my bf was able to close the bathroom door from the outside without me being seen.

Also, the cable doesn't have E!, TLC or HGTV!!!!!!!!!! I was dying!!! LOL

Outside of all of those issues, the hotel is nicely remodeled, clean and the breakfast is your standard Hampton Inn breakfast-free and delicious. Just be sure, if you check in early, you have energy to ensure you're seen before any rude guests. And also, make sure to use the latch on the inside of the door if you see any maintenance issues! :) I was able to sleep well though. And that's what really matters in a hotel, right?

Room Tip: Cruise travelers are noisy in the morning. Pick a room further from the elevator!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale Plantation? Share your experiences!