“For one week I had no telephone service in my room and nothing was done about it after many complaints from me.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale Plantation

Book now and save 15%
Ranked #3 of 14 hotels in Plantation
Santa Fe, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

I had no phone service for the 7 days I was in the hotel. After many many complaints, nothing was done about the problem. And now the hotel is creating even more problems in that they refuse to speak with me and refuse to return my phone calls. I am dealing with American Express because I charged the room on their card and the hotel is standing fast saying I need to pay for the room even though I was placed in a terrible position because I had no phone service at all for the entire stay.
In all the years I have dealt with Hampton Inn, I have never experienced any problem such as the one in Plantation, Florida.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

395 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Vienna, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

The hotel has shuttle service between cruise port and airport. Both are about a 15 min. ride. Service was great, clean rooms , wonderfull beds. Nice pool. One half block from mall, with food court. There are several large chain resturants in walking distance. Breakfast was better than most Hampton inn`s.Will stay here again. Stayed one night before and after cruise.

Room Tip: Had rooms on 3rd floor both nights, both were great.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Fort Pierce
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

We stayed during the Florida State Finals High School Rodeo. Kinda hard to find but off the highway and very quiet. Breakfast was great all three mornings and the price was rightl. Rooms were clean and spacious. Bed was too soft for me but my daughter liked it. Pool was nice and the location is great. Shops and restaurants very close. We would stay again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Gainesville, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I called the hotel in advanced because the wedding I attended near Plantation ended super early, and had no where to go. The receptionist was very polite and found a way to allow us to check-in at that moment! Literally, I called and she said, whenever you arrive, the room is ready! I was astonished and hoped this would lead to a great experience--I wasn't entirely wrong. When we arrived there was a crowd at the front desk. I waited for my turn only to have other rude people jump in front of me for no apparent reason. I guess they felt their needs were more important than mine. This was due to the fact that a shuttle was supposed to be leaving soon and people weren't sure of what they needed to be doing. Let's just say, it wasn't a warm welcome. When we finally got checked in, we went up to our room and the A/C cover was off. I just thought, maybe the person before us broke it. Much to my surprise a few minutes later a man just entered the room (without knocking). I happened to be in the restroom changing clothes from the wedding! Luckily my bf was able to close the bathroom door from the outside without me being seen.

Also, the cable doesn't have E!, TLC or HGTV!!!!!!!!!! I was dying!!! LOL

Outside of all of those issues, the hotel is nicely remodeled, clean and the breakfast is your standard Hampton Inn breakfast-free and delicious. Just be sure, if you check in early, you have energy to ensure you're seen before any rude guests. And also, make sure to use the latch on the inside of the door if you see any maintenance issues! :) I was able to sleep well though. And that's what really matters in a hotel, right?

Room Tip: Cruise travelers are noisy in the morning. Pick a room further from the elevator!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Chesapeake, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

This hotel has been remodeled with updated lobby. Extra electrical outlets and USB port in each room were very helpful for recharging all portable electronics. In addition to continental breakfast, they offer a to go breakfast ready and waiting for you in the lobby.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Shorter, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Our stay was nice with one big problem. We were 2.5 hours getting picked up by the hotel shuttle from the Glades Cruise Terminal. We were promised multiple times that they were on their way and that the next shuttle would be there. We were the last people standing at the terminal and 6 of our party had 10 hr drives ahead of us.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Fort Lauderdale, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Overall, we had a good experience. We were never informed that you had to call for a ride to the hotel from the airport. We watched many other hotel vans come and go for a while before we finally called them. Which then they instructed me they don't have vans that routinely come to the airport you had to call. This was upsetting because I asked them about this service before booking my room and they never informed me had to call. All they said was there is a van that comes to the airport.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Been to Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale Plantation? Share your experiences!