“The rudest, most incompetent service I have ever encountered.” 1 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Pre/Post Cruise Package
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Plantation
Los Angeles, California
“The rudest, most incompetent service I have ever encountered.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

I am writing this from the Holiday Inn, where we ended up after being rudely bumped from the Hyatt.
We arrived after 9 PM after flying all day (an hour and half delay out of LAX) en route to the funeral for my husband's father. We made the Hyatt reservation four days ago, when we knew we had to be here. We were greeted with "Unfortunately....." as the female desk clerk languidly explained that they had no room for us but had arranged for us to stay elsewhere and come back the next night. When we objected to this arrangement and showed our booking confirmation, she had no help to offer. It was 'first come first served.' Really? Then she proceded to check in several groups that arrived after us with all their luggage.
I explained the reason for our visit - death in family..
The other clerk, a young man named Joey, turned to us and said 'Bye!' in a tone of total condescension. It went downhill from there, with him muttering that we were "a--holes" and my husband getting understandably upset.
At 10 PM we checked into the Holiday Inn and Suites Plantation, where we have stayed before and where I am writing this.
I will be contacting the Hyatt organization and pursuing this further after I get home in a few days.

• Stayed May 2013
HyattPlace G, General Manager at Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale / Plantation, responded to this review, May 19, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I want to extend my sincere apology for our hotel not being able to honor your reservation and for you not receiving the highest level of customer service from our staff. I will be addressing the issue with our Front Desk Staff.

We strive to be able to accommodate all of our guests that have reservations. In the event, the hotel does end up over committed, the hotel will pay for your overnight accommodations at an alternative hotel.

Again, I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience along with how your reservation was handled.

Sean Pischeda

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Hickory Creek, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

By far the most pleasant staff! Andy and the entire crew were amazing. It's nice to see people offer to do things that you just don't expect. Andy even asked me about my daughter the next morning. I had mentioned she as putting in an offer on a house while I was on the shuttle. Good location and very clean.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay at the Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale/Plantation. I am so pleased to know you enjoyed your stay especially the service from Andy.

We are looking forward to having you as our guest again in the future.

Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

The service at this hotel was nothing short of impeccable. I had the pleasure of interacting with Andy and Nicole at the front desk and both were friendly, polite and very helpful. We did not get the opportunity to sample the breakfast buffet however, the 24/7 gallery menu items were freshly prepared and delicious. The complimentary wifi was fast and reliable. The location of this hotel was convenient for both shopping and dining and was only a short distance away from the FLL airport. Overall, I would definitely recommend this property to any friends and family who will visit this area in the future.Thanks so much to Andy and Nicole and the rest of the amazing staff for making our stay extremely comfortable!

Best regards from Montreal.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
HyattPlace G, General Manager at Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale / Plantation, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We are so pleased to know you enjoyed your stay especially the customer service provided by Andy and Nicole along with our new 24/7 menu. I will ensure that we recognize Nicole and Andy.

Thank you also for recommending our hotel to your friends and family. We are looking forward to having you as our guest again in the future.

Webster, Florida, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

The biggest problem I have, there was no way to get a microwave in my room. I had access to the lobby microwave that is available 24 hours a day. I do not like to wait to be able to heat dinner or lunch while working in my room. My room was on the 4th floor and was quiet and clean. The only problem with the room was I had to make sure I closed the door tight when leaving. My door would not close all the way without having to pull on it after I exit the room. The staff was very nice and helpful. My overall experience was good. I would suggest this hotel to anyone needing to stay in the area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
HyattPlace G, General Manager at Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale / Plantation, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I am pleased to know that overall you enjoyed your "quiet, clean" room along with the staff service.

I am going to address your concern with not having microwaves in the rooms with our corporate office. Although as you know we do have a microwave along with all the plates, silverware and glasses in our guest kitchen, I understand that this may no be convenient.

We are looking forward to having you as our guest again in the near future.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I was on a business trip in Plantation and had decided to stay at Hyatt hotel.
Overall I'm very happy with my decision.

I found the room (standard) very convenient for my needs. It has a working space which was a nice bonus (I had to work and it really helped to have this corner). The room was clean as it should be.

I found that WiFi in some of the hotels I’ve been can be very annoying even if it is complimentary. In this hotel it was easy to connect without any password, it was fast and reliable.

The hotel staff is awesome.

One comment and one suggestion:
1) The equipment in the fitness center is quiet old and it is frustrating to use it. The room gets stuffy. I've seen much better fitness centers.
2) The breakfast buffet is not vegan friendly – no substitutes for milks and eggs. The hotel might consider adding non-dairy product like almond milk , vegetables, pastries and tag them as vegan.
To be honest, I must say I didn’t ask the hotel staff – I’m sure they would have done the best to help if I did.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

We are please to know that you enjoyed your stay with us especially the complimentary internet that you found to be "fast and easy to connect to" along with the "Awesome Staff".

I am also going to bring your suggestions about adding "vegan" items to the complimentary hot breakfast to our corporate office. We do have fresh fruit, yogurt, oatmeal and a few options but we will look into what else we can add that is "vegan" friendly.

We are looking forward to having you as our guest again in the future.

Fairfax, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I stayed here the same weekend at the person who posted they had items stolen March 2nd to March 5th and had a great experience. My friend and I wanted a place to stay while we were out shopping and enjoying the night life of Miami.

The breakfast was included and it was a good continental breakfast. Lots of parking and the décor of the hotel was very modern and nice. Not a lot of amenities, but it is a good hotel if you just want somewhere to rest your head while on vacation that is clean.

I plan to stay here again when I come back to ft. Lauderdale.

Room Tip: ask for room on corner, they are quieter
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
HyattPlace G, General Manager at Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale / Plantation, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are so pleased to know you enjoyed your stay with us. Also, we have now added full liquor to our bar to add to the amenities of the hotel.

We are looking forward to having the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Jundiai, SP
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

I stayed at Hyatt Plantation from March 2nd to March 9th. On the last day somebody broke into our room and into our locked bags, stealing many items from them, ranging from a laptop to chocolate bars.

I immediately reported the theft to the manager, who got very defensive and said there was nothing the hotel could do about it, except call the police, because the hotel was not responsible for the theft. (although there was no safe in the room nor cameras on the corridors). We decided to call the police and press charge.

I am also trying to solve this directly with the hotel. I believe that they have responsibility for my security in their room. I sent several e-mails to the management and still don´t have their final position.

This is unacceptable. I got robbed inside the hotel and the hotel took no responsibility whatsoever. This is a serious lack of security and a serious case of contempt by the hotel management.

I decided to stay at Hyatt based on its reputation. But the treatment I got after the theft showed how Hyatt really treats their guests.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
HyattPlace G, General Manager at Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale / Plantation, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Dear Lfurlan,

We have taken this matter extremely seriously as we do all at the hotel. I personally have been deeply involved in this incident from the beginning and this matter has been closed.

Best regards,

Sean Pischeda

Been to Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale / Plantation? Share your experiences!