“Fabulous” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Plantation
Barbados
“Fabulous”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Had a great time. The staff were pleasant and friendly. We did have an issue with billing and our credit card company which they took the time and sorted. Luis was very pleasant and professional and when we asked if it was possible for a slightly later checkout on the day of departure, he was very helpful. We were there from Oct 20-27. Breakfast was great, room was spacious and I love the fact that the vanity was separate to the shower and toilet as there were 4 of us and it helped with getting ready on a morning. Free wifi and parking was also a plus along with food, gas and shopping nearby. It is not too far to sawgrass mall. They have luggage trolleys which helped getting the shopping back to the room every night! We will be back for sure.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
HyattPlace G, General Manager at Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale / Plantation, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your recent stay with us. We are so pleased that you truly enjoyed your stay with us. We strive to provide clean, comfortable accommodations with outstanding customer service. We are looking forward to having you as our guest in the near future.

Sean Pischeda

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Staying in this Hotel was a joy. Friendly and very helpful Staff. The rooms were big and very clean. Breakfast was also great. Not the standard Continental but hot and cold dishes and they have Starbucks coffee. Free Internet access throughout the whole complex.
Restaurants are close by (J. Alexander's) and very easy to find. We stayed here 4 nights and will definitely come back!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
HyattPlace G, General Manager at Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale / Plantation, responded to this review, October 20, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your recent stay. We are pleased to know you enjoyed your stay with us and are looking forward to having you again in the future.

Prairieville, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

My brother, a friend and I stayed here oct 3 to oct 7. Our stay was just cool and refreshing. We just needed a getaway and we wanted to stay in a nice relaxing hotel and the Hyatt was it. Friendly staff was very helpful. The hotel is away from main attractions but our rental car came in handy. There is two restaurants in walking distance and a mall that's about five miles away. The room was cool, clean, and comfortable. The breakfast needs improvement and so does the wifi service. I would recommend this hotel and I look forward to my next visit.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your recent stay at our hotel. We strive to exceed our guests expectations with warm, friendly service and clean, comfortable accommodations. We are so excited about our new complimentary "Hot Skillet" Breakfast and new 24/7 dining menu. We are looking forward to having you as our guest again in the future.

Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

We check in, sep 5 2012 it was supposed be my 60 birthday celebration for 3 weeks, we choose this place because it hat good reviews but sometimes reviews they proof to be deceiving, do to we all have different standards. let me start whit the room, they give us 625 right on the corner where we requested, with in the next 24 hrs, we find out that right across was the utility room,which was very noise do to the staff has to go in and out, at all times and staff talk very loud, and at time you hear banging some of the equipments, to find out the next day our room was full of ants, we call they send somebody with spray, but the ants come back. we requested another room, they move us to 605, to find out the phone answer machine don't take messages, and we cant not access to, they ask for password, witch the hotel dint have idea why this was like that, we were missing a lots call, we requested again to change room, they took us to check 9 different room and no one of them the phone system work, i talk to assistant manager Luis Duprey, on Thursday and he promise me that by Monday the phone was going to be working, well by Sunday our phone was death, no line out,Monday morning i talk again to Mr Luis Duprey, and well let me tell you hell broke loose, this person denied to me that was any conversation with me, and he was not aware of the problem, i requested to give us the rest of money for the rest of the stay that we pay, he got very aggressive, accusing me, of wanted a free ride , and that's not what i want it, just want to move were i can get what i paid for it was very ugly since this person don't have any skills to deal with travelers, even in one sentence he brought Gods name to the situation, finally he walk away saying he would never give me the refund, i immediately call head office in Chicago explain the problem, and within 5 minutes Mr mark keys, forgive me if i dint spell correct the name, he solve my problem, toll me to go to talk to him to arrange to move , when i get downstairs he throws the bill at my face and told me you are check out as of now, with out having anywhere to go, nasty person very unreasonable and hostile, We move to Hyatt house airport, it did cost us 500 dollars more, but our cerebration start it right there, what a place what level of customer service and efficiency,,
not to mention the place is impeccable, what a nightmare at Hyatt place plantation, we lost 12 day there, and $500 extra, what a pity!!!!! any more info email me at aoz911@hotmail.com, there is more, i got no more time now.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
We sincerely apologize that our hotel was not able to meet your expectations and are pleased to know that you did find another Hyatt in the Ft. Lauderdale area that was able to accommodate you.
tampa bay
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

We were very happy with our stay here. We checked in late and we were welcomed and given the best room that was available with a little goody bag with chips, snack bars and water.
The next day we needed the room until 3pm and usual ck out is 1pm at the latest and they honored our request without charging us any extra. They were very accommodating and I would definitely recommend this hotel.
They have a very nice better than average continental breakfast with a few hot items.
The pool is small but clean, the fitness room was small but nice.
The location was great.. At every turn was a restaurant and the Broward Mall less than a mile from the hotel. Very pleasant stay!!!

Room Tip: Rooms are very spacious with a big screen tv,& refrigerator
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
HyattPlace G, General Manager at Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale / Plantation, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at the Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale/Plantation. We are pleased to know you enjoyed your stay with us and are looking forward to having you as our guest in the future.

Barbados
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Spent three nights here recently. Very friendly staff, huge rooms and an excellent free breakfast- much improved and a bit more variety than the usual included breakfasts.
Rooms are big, large TV, fridge and coffee. Comfortable beds and a sitting area with pullout couch.
Extremely comfortable and great value. You need a car, or I believe the hotel van can drop you to nearby places- Broward mall and Sawgrass mall.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying at the Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale/Plantation. We appreciate you taking the time to post a review for other guests to view.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

My family and I decided to take a small vacation for our July 4th holiday break. We booked this hotel because after all, it is a Hyatt hotel! The price was affordable and the location was nice. I was greeted by Annette and she was very nice and made sure everything was good upon my arrival. When I got to my room, immediately the bathroom broke. We informed the staff and were moved to another room. When we changed rooms, we were moved to a very noisy room that did not let us sleep because of the noise outside. When we requested another room change because of the noise, the staff told us that it was not possible because we had already moved before. I was upset because if I'm paying for the room to sleep well, I would like to sleep well! By the end of my mini-vacation, I was not too please. I don't think I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012
HyattPlace G, General Manager at Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale / Plantation, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Dear Guest,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the issues you experienced duing your stay. We have addressed the issues with our Guest Services and Enginereering Departments and they have assured us the issues have been resolved.

We hope that if your travels bring you back to the Ft. Lauderdale Area you will give us another opportunity.

Sean Pischeda

Been to Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale / Plantation? Share your experiences!