“There is NO Pulled Pork” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 105 Restaurants in Plant City
Cuisines: Barbecue
Tampa, Florida
“There is NO Pulled Pork”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

The smell from this place is Amazing. So the wait to order and be served either kills you or makes you even more hungry. I have ordered to go from inside and from the drive thru and it was long and slow both times. I asked for pulled pork and the handed me the menu to pick again. What they serve is Chopped Pork. Now it was a 4 star pork ok, the flavor was Very Good - but not great. It was chopped and I prefer pulled. It had huge chunks of fat both times that could have easily been seen and removed. It was also dripping in fat. Now, I do not like dry pork, but it does not need to swim in the fat either. I had some ribs and they were meaty enough and tender enough - but not fall of the bone tender either. These were much tastier than the pork due to the wonderful glaze on them. For some reason the waitress talked me out of pint sized sides. She said single servings were big enough to share. Give me a break - they were about 4 oz each!! Both times I was waited on by the same blond young lady who seemed rather put off by taking care of me. I will not go back, simply because I have found a much better BBQ place where they trip all over you to see you are happy. Drive down to Jaymer-Q on Lithia-Pinecrest. Now they do have pulled meat and it is the best I have every tasted. It is in a nicer location and they have a playground for kids inside. It is juicy and no fat at all. If you do want carry out from Johnsons be sure to call it in ahead or expect to wait. I think this place takes it's reputation for granted.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Fayetteville, Arkansas
“Great Pulled Pork.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

There were four of us and we all chose the pulled pork, with different sides. It was great. The service was good, even though it was right smack into lunch time. The place was full, but we didn't have to wait very long for our meal.
The prices were very reasonable and the bathroom was clean.

• Visited January 2013
Plant City, Florida
“One of the best...hands down.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Without a doubt, one of the best places we eat at in the PC area. I highly recommend the Belly Buster, it's one of my top favorite sandwiches ever ! The only downside...not open on Sundays.

• Visited November 2012
Lithia, Florida
“Delicious country food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012 via mobile

Enjoyed our entire meal. Ribs & beef brisket we tried were great. Meaty ribs. Sweet potato soufflé with cinnamon & sugar & nuts excellent. The baked beans & cole slaw also great. Homemade Mac & cheese good. Prices are good & service was good also.

Will definitely return.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Downhome BBQ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Love the BBQ! Great staff that is always friendly! My favorite is the smokehouse salad.. Great salad with boiled eggs and topped with just the right amount of meat so you get the best of both worlds!