“Not a "Plus'” 2 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Plant City Hotel

You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Plant City Hotel to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Plant City Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2003 South Frontage Rd, Plant City, FL 33563 (Formerly Comfort Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Plant City
“Not a "Plus'”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

The hotel may be being renovated, if not it should be. The staff was really pleasant and as responsive as I expected them to be. They said, " I'll look into it." The room was musty and damp, perhaps an AC problem. The bathroom wasn't as clean as I had expected. There was a long term plumbing problem with the tub faucet.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Becky O, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Plant City Hotel, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
I want to thank you for staying with and taking the time to leave us a review. I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations in certain areas. I want to thank you for sharing and bringin this matter to my attention so we may work on these things. I hope if you are ever in the Plant City area that you will stay with us again. Thank you

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
White House, TN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

One should expect more from a new hotel, especially one in the Best Western chain. The front desk staff was very welcoming, and helpful at check in, but the property kept coming up short. Our room had a wonderful view of a stucco wall less than two feet from the window, One would think this would be the last room assigned, but the hotel was not very busy. I hope it was not the nice desk clerk who assigned us the room. Then you notice other things. All the hallway air conditioning units are missing and the openings covered by plastic, real classy. All the room doors have weather stripping around the doors, maybe to keep the hot hallway air out? Most every wall shows where the paint has been chipped or marred, one coat of paint?
The rooms as expected have new furniture, very clean otherwise. Beware the fridge is the small dorm type which requires you to remove the shelves if you have more than one take out container. Price difference in a dorm fridge and the "normal" hotel fridge cant be that much to scrimp on guest comfort could it? The bathroom is separate and the larger size as most newer hotels, decent lighting over the vanity but no lighting near the shower, so expect a dim showering. Beware as well the bath is slick so be careful entering, there is no bath mat provided. Maybe why the shower pipe is loose, I presume someone grabbed it as they were falling, pulling it loose from the wall. Then while you are lying on the floor looking up, you may notice a strange wire running the length of the room above the light. Appears they forgot to wire the internet, or cameras, and added the wire later Notice while you are lying there that there is some tile grout stained on the bath tub that should easily be cleaned off with the right effort..
The door to our room I noticed on exiting looks like someone jimmied the lock, a huge chunk of the door next to the lock is missing. Also beware to exit, you have to pull the door handle upward, which may be more difficult for older or less able guests, not to mention in an emergency it is very counter intuitive. Not sure I would remember that in a fire. I presume the door handles were not installed correctly from what i deduced from the other misses in the hotel.
The breakfast was the standard Best Western fare with the exception Sunday morning they had bacon strips. Not that common.
Nice sleep, large TV, well appointed room, if you can easily overlook the misses I listed above. Not enough electrical outlets, and the desk lamp is wired into the switch, so if you use it to charge cell phones or laptops, beware if the light switch is off. the outlet is off. AC is a below window unit with a wall thermostat control. Of course it sounds like a waterfall in the AC unit. Something that could be conducive to sleep if you like the sound of running water. A little disconcerting when it is the first thing you hear in the morning. I would stay here again, but as I prefaced, I would expect a much better quality control of new hotel openings from Best Western than what I noticed.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Becky O, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Plant City Hotel, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
I want to thank you for taking your time and leaving us a review. I am looking into the matters that you have brought to my attention, I am sorry for the inconvienance of the hallway a/c units as they are being repaired. I will look into the other matters and address them to the best of my availabilty. thank you and we hope you do stay with us again in the future.
Riverview, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

For the price, I expected more. Aircondition never cooled room. Only received one towel for two nights. Room and hallways were musty and hot. Breakfast was not up to par. Expected more for my money. This was a gift to the newlyweds prior to their cruise.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Becky O, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Plant City Hotel, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
I want to thank you for staying with us, and taking your time to fill out a review. I am looking into the concerns that you mentioned. We will do our best to address these situations to make it better for you and our other guests. We look forward to you staying with us in the near future.
Poole, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We enjoyed our 2 nights at this hotel. Having pre booked blind the first contact was a pleasant experience. The room and facilities were clean and comfortable. All staff were courteous and helpful. This was a central location for us and as such served well. Of all the Best Western hotels we had recently stayed at this was the only one that I actually got more than coffee for breakfast and it was HOT. Would use again if chance arises and would recommend it.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Becky O, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Plant City Hotel, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
I want to thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to leave us a review. On behalf of Best Western Plant City, we thank you for staying with us and hope to see you again in the near future when you return to Plant City. Thank you
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Nice place to Stay for Softball Tourney in Lakeland! Rooms were clean and comfortable, Full Breakfast was Very Good! Easy Access to Interstate about 11 miles from Christina Park in Lakeland. Staff was helpful. Pool area closed at 9 pm which was early after a long day of Softball.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

Mykel was very helpful and courteous at check in. Room was clean, no bad odor, etc. it has a fridge so that was nice... Hotel exterior and interior were nicely kept. Priced reasonable and very nice hotel for the area.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Leesburg, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

A very nice hotel, just wished the pool was larger. The room was comfortable and well equipped with bedding and we loved the breakfast. This was great for the area and the children loved it also. We will definitely stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Becky O, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Plant City Hotel, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us here at the hotel. I want to thank you for taking your time in leaving us a review. I am delighted to hear that you will stay with us on your future visits, we look forward to seeing you then. Thank you

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Plant City Hotel? Share your experiences!