“My home away from home” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Plant City Hotel

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Plant City Hotel to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Plant City Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2003 South Frontage Rd, Plant City, FL 33563 (Formerly Comfort Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #3 of 4 hotels in Plant City
Miami
“My home away from home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I stayed at the hotel for 8 months while working on multiple construction projects in Plant City. The entire staff accommodated my every need and made me feel at home.

Thanks to Kemelya, Jeri, Shelby, Becky and everyone there for taking care of me.

I highly recommend this hotel. You're the best!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Kemelya S, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Plant City Hotel, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Mr. Jorge your telling us how much of a pleasure it was for you to stay here, but it was a pleasure to have you stay here at our hotel. We can't wait to see you again. Wonderful feeling to have a loyal guest such as your self. Thank you for taking the time out of your day to leave this wonderful review.
Don't be a stranger to your Best Western Plus Family!

81 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

We had a very good experience at this hotel. The staff were incredibly friendly and the rate was quite reasonable. It was mainly a place for us to sleep, but we did enjoy the breakfast. One of the ladies even helped me carry our breakfast to our room.

The room we stayed in was obviously recently renovated or new, and we had a comfortable stay. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

We would like to thank you for taking time out of your busy day and completing a review about our hotel. At our hotel we enjoy exceeding the expectations of our guest and I am glad you were able to experience that we you stayed at our hotel.
Hope to see you again real soon.
Pensacola
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

One of the reasons I decided to stay here was that there was a hot tub and queen beds. Neither proved to be the case. I reported the hot tub broken to the desk clerk and then again the next morning thinking it would be repaired. After a long day of doing a lot of walking at Busch Gardens we returned to a hot tub that had not been repaired. Beds were supposed to be queen size, but seem to be princess size instead. I tried to get online in the "business center" last night. First computer
would not even boot. Bought etickets on the second computer and then found that it wouldn't print. The night clerk was very helpful in assisting me in getting my tickets printed on the office printer, however we had to stay up until midnight to get it done. Our room is very clean and comfortable.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Kemelya S, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Plant City Hotel, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
I am dearly sorry about the situations that you have faced at our hotel. I can assure that all the concerns that you had at our property have been addressed. We appreciate the time you took out of your day to inform us of these issues. I hope you will consider us again so that we can show you how we truly try to meet our guest expectations.

Thank you.
Leawood, Kansas, Usa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Without my knowledge or consent, the hotel changed my reservation by modifying the room type (requested 2 queen beds, changed to 1 king bed) , the room rate (increased it from $107.99 to $149), and the number of people staying in the room (2 adults+2 children to 1 adult+1 child). It took approximately one hour at the front desk to get this straightened out. The clerk was not satisfied with the Best Western confirmation e-mail I had, it took a call to Corporate and the hotel manager to get it straightened out. Checkout was also frustrating as the clerk could not find a printed receipt for me and could not figure out a way to reprint it. The Hotel Manager eventually called to get my feedback and offered reward points for the frustation/trouble we endured. Another couple, we were traveling with that stayed at the hotel the same night we did, did not experience any of the issues we did so seems like it may have been an isolated case. The room itself was fine except that the bathtub did not drain.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Kemelya S, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Plant City Hotel, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
I do apologize for the problems that you faced at our hotel. We do try to exceed all of our guest expectations and I am disappointed that we missed the mark when it came to your stay at our hotel. There is no excuse for this problem that you faced at our hotel. I hope you will give us another chance to exceed your expectations. Please give me a call when your in town I would like to put a face to the name.

Thank you.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Decided to give this hotel a chance although we had not heard of best western plus...looking it over decided it must be comparable to stay bridge suites and or holiday inn express which we typically stay at. It appears they just tried to remodel the entire hotel. I think they should have taken their time a bit more as several things seemed rushed and sloppy...paint on trim, holes left open in the bathroom, broken door knob on our bathroom door. The worst part...our phone was not hooked up...no cord at all. Sure most of the world has a cell phone but in the event of an emergency all phones in the rooms should be working. Tried to enjoy the hot tub and there were little red ants coming out of the cracks and they bite! It also appears that locals come and use the hot tub without paying...perhaps they need to lock it or have a camera. Then to top it off one of our daughters forgot a pair of shoes they offered to mail them for $11. Obviously not a Marriott and obviously not a property that goes above and beyond since they seemed to have rushed the remodel a little too much. Haste makes waste and this stay was a waste... Not impressed.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Kemelya S, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Plant City Hotel, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to exceed their expectations. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service
to all of our guests at reasonable prices. Consequently, it's disappointing to learn that we did not do that for you when you stayed at our hotel.
The issues that you have brought to our attention will be addressed immediately.

Hope to see you again.
Madera, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

We travelled to Florida on a house hunting mission. This was located very close to our desired location. We would certainly recommend it to friends and family. Right off I-4, only minutes from the Polk expressway and Lakeland. Rooms are spacious, and CLEAN, which is always a plus. Beds are comfy. Breakfast is a delight.

Room Tip: We were on the thrid floor 315) it is close to the elevator, looks away from I-4 and was quiet. No...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time out of your day and leaving us a review. We strive to make sure each and every guest staying with us has had there expectations exceeded and we also greatly appreciate you staying with us. Can’t wait for you return visit.
Cornwall, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here after a day at Busch Gardens, and loved it. Queen size beds, great breakfast, quiet and economical. It was the best hotel we stayed at during our travels. I would highly recommend staying here if traveling from Orlando to Tampa as it is away from the busy city and you can be at Disney or Busch Gardens within an hour.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time out of your day and leaving us a review. We are definitely working on being a more then a average choice for our guest. We work very hard to exceed guest expectations.
Can’t wait to see you on your next trip through the Plant City area. Would like to put a face to the name!

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Plant City Hotel? Share your experiences!