“Great!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Palm Harbor, Florida
“Great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

I stopped off here while travelling. My experience here was wonderful! I love the southern style of cooking they do here and the green beans and fried chicken were particularly good. Service was lacking some since they were getting ready to close when I was there. The close at 8:30 PM, which to me, seems a little early to close. I had an awesome meal there, though!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

White House, TN
“Not what it used to be”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

After many years we ate recently at Buddy Freddy's. The locals tell us the Fred of Buddy Freddy's opened his own place and it is very good, like the old days of Buddy Freddy's. It is buffet only, at $12 per head it is fairly priced, but nothing special on the buffet. Normal fare. Several desserts, but unlike the old days, the strawberry shortcake uses canned strawberries, the mushy mess type. The buffet and desserts will remind you of Shoney's if you are familiar with that chain. Variety to cover all your diners, reasonable price, eatable food, so if you know that going in you will be pleased.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Melbourne, Florida, United States
“Love this place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

Having grown up in the south it is amazing to find the best southern buffet in the country. The food is always fresh, hot and very good. From the fried chicken, fried catfish, okra, cabbage and greens everything is just like home made. For desert there was fresh strawberry shortcake and an assortment of pies. Service is always top notch and I highly recommend.

New Port Richey, Florida
“Southern cooking done right.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

Even though I was not raised in the south it doesn't mean I don't appreciate great southern cooking. Buddy Freddy's was a pleasant surprise. Carol and I had just left Mouseville up the road and had all of the overpriced glorified food court food we could stand. We are not usually into buffet's, we prefer in most cases food cooked to order. Buddy Freddy's is now the exception. The fried chicken and collard greens won me over but it just kept coming. The mac and cheese, BBQ ribs and everything was just good southern home cooking like I had eaten at friends homes across the south. The desserts were awesome and the the real whipped cream and strawberry shortcake put it way over the top. The price was great and the service exceptional. I recommend this place to everyone.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lakeland, Florida, United States
“It was OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

We live in a neighboring town and drove over for lunch to meet a group of people. This place was chosen because we've visited off and on, and the last few times we were there, the food quality and choices were exceiptionally good, much better than the other establishments owned by other members of the same family. However, today was a disappointment. Yes, the fried chicken was good, but so many choices of side dishes were carb laden, and they didn't have what appeared to be fresh collards and green beans....looked like canned stuff, so I avoided them. Would like to have seen some ribs or pork choices and fried green tomatoes. Also, this time there was absolutely no pecan pie available. No pecan pie in a southern restaurant??? I doubt that we'll be back. Can get the same food in our own town.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Been to Buddy Freddys? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Buddy Freddys, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.