“Food is old, mushy and seldom refreshed on buffet” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 102 restaurants in Plant City
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Lithia, Florida
“Food is old, mushy and seldom refreshed on buffet”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Only someone that doesn't get out very often would compliment the food and service at Buddy Freddys. The food is often skinned over and bland tasting from sitting hours on end on the buffet, it becomes very mushy as most of it comes in frozen and canned. The service personnel are rude and obviously unhappy campers that work there. Even the cashier at the front door seems to have an attitude waiting on Americans. Anyone who finds this joint an establishment with good food is probably a regular at Taco Bell and Mcdonalds. This is an overpriced buffet compared to most . Lunch for 2 is $26.00. It would be overpriced @ $12.00 for two. One of Plant Citys worst restaurants by far.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

56% Recommend
Melbourne, Florida
“One-derful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Years ago we took our children to Buddy Freddy's and when we moved back to Florida, my husband and I decided to go again for old time's sake. It was even better than we remembered. It's a large restaurant with plenty of parking and near the highway so easy to get to. It's clean and the staff was super nice. We were seated immediately (on a Friday night) and it didn't take but a minute for us to have leave to go to the buffet. Everything was kept very tidy and filled. The dishes were clean and the server kept our table waited on perfectly. Here are some of the dishes we enjoyed (and some of them we just couldn't quite fit in): two different kinds of sweet potato that made me go back for seconds. Corn casserole, green pea salad, cole slaw, potato salad, beautifully done fried shrimp, delicious meatloaf with gravy, real mashed potatoes, baked fish, fried fish, fried chicken, baked chicken, wings, stuffing that was very unusual and great, sausage, pigs in a blanket, the normal stuff like green beans, okra, black eyed peas, turnip greens, carrots, stewed tomatoes, pickled vegetable mix, great salad bar with more than the usual add-ins, peach cobbler, cherry cobbler, bread pudding, banana pudding (yum), cookies, cakes, strawberry shortcake (make your own), ice cream, red velvet cake, jello, tapioca pudding, chocolate pudding, etc. The two of us paid under $25 including drinks. If it weren't for the fact that we live two hours away and that I would definitely get fat, we would go more often. Highly recommended. I'm not a big buffet lover but I'll say that this is definitely the best ever for me.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lakeland, Florida
“If they are not extremely busy they close down for the day!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

My gf were very hungry July 4 2012 and decided to take a trip to Buddy Freddy's so we drove from lakeland to plant city. There are many other places to eat in near us but what my gf wants my gf gets. Anyway we drive all the way there and they are closed with doors locked. Its 7 pm! Why close up at 7 pm? The lit street sign said "come join us for 4th of July! buffet open 7am to 8:30" The parking lot had employees cars, there were people leaving cussing and I didn't know why until I grabbed the door handle to go in and found it locked.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Gross”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

Skip this place. Everything is bad is true. The excellent reviews are all recent...look at the dates. Those are fake reviews.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Oldsmar
“Good ol Southern Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

The great thing here is variety on the buffet. Large salad bar, plenty of good old vegetables , meats and of course desserts. I stick with the vegetables always enjoy collard greens, sweet potato casserole, etc. the cherry cobbler and bread pudding are scrumptious.

Visited June 2013