“Excelent for kids” 4 of 5 stars

Type: Science Museums, Parks
Activities: Shopping
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Dinosaur World is a self guided outdoor museum with over 200 life size dinosaurs in a natural setting. Dig for fossils in the Fossil Dig, uncover a life size dinosaur skeleton replica from under the sand in the Boneyard, visit Exploration Cave for a guided tour with a Paleontologist and try your hand at trivia during the Triviasaurus Rex Game Show! Check out the museum with real artifacts and animatronic dinosaurs and our NEW Florida Fossils Museum! Pan for real gems and minerals at the Dino Gem Mine and CRACK YOUR OWN GEODE at the Geode Cracker!
Useful Information: Activities for young children
LIMA
3 attraction reviews
“Excelent for kids”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

A perfect place to go with your family and kids. My grandson loves dinosaur and he was delighted with all the real size ones you find in Dinosaur Word. Fun in an natural environment. The kids were very happy!

Lakeland, Florida
8 attraction reviews
“Great place, great value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

I love the dinosaurs. They seem to be so lifelike. The changes they have made are great. The price is still good, the gift shop is a great value. I love that you can take a picnic in and they have equipment for the kids to play on. The new museum is great too.
This is a great trip for kids of all ages.

Visited January 2014
Woodbridge, Virginia
5 attraction reviews
“Our grandson loved Dinosaur World”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

Lots of activities for 2-10 year olds. We visited with our twin grandsons in 2012 when they were 6 and with our 21/2 year old grandson in December. The kids loved the dinosaurs, the playground, fossil dig, feeding the koi, and the other activities. The gift shop was a big hit also! I definitely recommend this attraction to families with young children.
Make sure you take a picnic lunch or stop at McDonalds in Plant City.

Chicago, Illinois
22 attraction reviews
“Exceeded our expectations, a nice way to spend an afternoon”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

We took our 4-year old and he loved it! The park is the perfect size, not overwhelming. There are lots of activities from a fossil dig to looking for crystals. Our son enjoyed walking around the park and seeing the various dinosaur statues. He especially enjoyed the dinosaur themed playground. The staff is very friendly and provide excellent customer service. We learned a lot about dinosaurs, being a scientist, and had fun.

The only downside is there is no food, except for vending machines.

This attraction exceeded our expectations and I would recommend it highly to anyone in the Tampa/Brandon area looking for something to do that is family friendly.

The gift shop is also very impressive and extensive.

71 attraction reviews
“A surprisingly very good experience!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

My wife and I decided to bring our three year old and one year old here because my three year old daughter always looks for the dinosaurs by the road when we are visiting our family in Florida. My parents also went with us. To be honest, we were not expecting anything great. However, it turned out to be a very good experience. My daughter loved looking for jewels in the quarry, both my children loved the fossil dig, both my children loved the playground, and oh yeah, both liked looking at the dinosaurs. The price was very reasonable for everything. I don't know how older kids would like it, but younger kids will have a blast. A good few hours of fun for all!