“Fabulous Roadside Attraction” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 13 Attractions in Plant City
Type: Science Museums, Parks, Museums
Activities: Shopping
More attraction details
Owner description: Dinosaur World is a self guided outdoor museum with over 200 life size dinosaurs in a natural setting. Dig for fossils in the Fossil Dig, uncover a life size dinosaur skeleton replica from under the sand in the Boneyard, visit Exploration Cave for a guided tour with a Paleontologist and try your hand at trivia during the Triviasaurus Rex Game Show! Check out the museum with real artifacts and animatronic dinosaurs and our NEW Florida Fossils Museum! Pan for real gems and minerals at the Dino Gem Mine and CRACK YOUR OWN GEODE at the Geode Cracker!
Useful Information: Activities for young children
New York
26 attraction reviews
“Fabulous Roadside Attraction”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

Dinosaur World is a must see if you are traveling between Orlando and Tampa, or for any dino-enthusiast. I am one of those people who believes that places like this are a part of Americana - In our current, 4G, Walmart, super-size me society we all need to stop and visit places like this.

Its a very clean, well kept attraction with lots of entertaining information. Be prepared to do a lot of walking, although the park is spaced out in some beautful, natural woods with lots of shade. Also, I am not sure if you are allowed to bring in foods, but I saw some great picnic type areas and there isnt much for sale inside the park, so I would reccomend you come prepared - it will take you several hours to see everything. We also did the dig for a few dollars extra, which was very cute for the kids. They have a nice playground for the kids and a fanstastic gift shop, too.

I also thought it was a great value - they really dont charge you a lot for all that you get to see. I would reccomend this park to anyone with $20 - you will love it!

Visited June 2012

Oldsmar
242 attraction reviews
“It's all about Dinosaurs!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

We went with our grandchildren and had a terrific visit. Our grandson is into dinosaurs. He is just under 3 years old. He would get so excited at each station. The park is very clean with some excellent children's play areas and picnic areas. Going in late fall was good as no Mosquitos. Since it is in swampland - be cautious on summer visits. Very well done and enjoyable for youngsters fascinated by these creatures. When going just know it is mainly walking through the swamp and museum to see life size replicas of dinosaurs. We recommend for young kids interested in dinosaurs. Take a lunch to have a picnic in the park.

Gilbert, AZ
70 attraction reviews
“Fun for even two Adults”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Always seeing this from the interstate, we finally decided to go (no kids, just two adults) The grounds are kept immacuate. We spent 1.5 hours walking around learning about dinosaures, taking in the beautiful grounds and awesome weather.Great place, cheap prices, and large souvenir shop.

Visited November 2012
Apex, nc
3 attraction reviews
“Skeptical.....glad I was wrong!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

This place is truly a gem. I took my 8 & 9 year olds and they had a blast even though they are not dinosaur enthusiasts. The playground is perfect for their age range, there is a playground for younger children, the museum was small but very informative, the koi pond was just beautiful, and the dinosaur replicas (complete with infoplaques) were pretty impressive. The bathrooms were clean; nice surprise.

The fossil dig was a bit juvenile (in my opinion) but my kids did not share that sentiment, especially since they got to keep three of their favorite finds. Then there was the sand pit which they could play paleontologist, uncovering (literally, with plactic shovels and big paint brushes) stationary fossils. They spent an hour here "working" with other kids. The grounds are meticulously kept and beautifully landscaped to give a jungle yet manicured look. Not sure how they managed that.

The gift shop had one thing my kids and I found fascinating, real alligator heads, with teeth intact, that you could purchase.

Oh, and to top it all off, the staff is just as friendly and helpful as can be.

The place was quite slow because it was a Wednesday, yet we still spent 4 hours there.

Please note that althought there are beverage dispensers, food is not available for purchase. However, the park does have pinic areas and allows food to be brought.

Overall, for the money, Dinosaur World was definitely worth the trip!!

Visited November 2012
“Must see for kids into Dinos”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

We took our 2 1/2 and 4 1/2 year olds here in October 2012 and they loved it! They talk about this more than Disney World. Older dinosaur aficionados will love the information and the chance to see and touch real fossils but my kids were fascinated by the size of the dinosaurs and the chance to be paleontologists in the stegosaurus sand box. The park also has a great playground and a couple of picnic areas. You must stop in the bathrooms halfway along the dino path; they murals are impressive!

Visited October 2012