“Disappointing!” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Placida, FL
“Disappointing!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2011

Since we are local, we have been to Trat 13 several times and have always enjoyed our dinners. However, since it has changed hands and Jack and Babette are no longer there, the food has definitely gone downhill. The lasagna was just ok - it used to be "to die for" and the shrimp and lobster ravioli left me hungry, as there was only 4 (small) ravioli. I don't think the new owner is going to make it...

• Visited October 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Tampa, Florida
“great Italian food at the beach wonderful time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2011

my family and i went to Trattoria 13 we had the rican pizza as an appetizer (it was like a supreme but had meatballs! and jalapenos i could not pass that up) it was incredible! we also had the bruschetta which came out toasted and was the best I have ever had (and I have been to Italy) so needless to say we were pretty satisfied by the time the main course came out I ordered the seafood portifino witch was piled high with all sorts of seafood goodies the sizes of the meals are big so go with an appetite my mom had the lasagna witch was better than my grandmas (don't tell her i said that) my step dad had the chicken marsala and only had good things to say about it and my sister had the mushroom ravioli that really surprised me because i don't like mushrooms but those raviolis were also very good our service was great the wine list is very impressive we went back the next night got another rican pizza and sat in the bar area the atmosphere was awesome nice people great bartenders nice place to go for a great dinner or just to go relax have a few drinks and make some friends

• Visited August 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Englewood, Florida
“Since new ownership, Trattoria 13 has become a favorite restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2011

Since Steve, took over Trattoria 13, my family requests to go there for dinner every weekend we have been in Engelwood this summer. Every meal we have ordered has been excellent! The lasagna is absolutely amazing, best I've ever had. Vast selection of pizza, burgers and wings, as well as grouper (yummy), filets and veal. And with the vast selection of Chianti, (which is Itialian wine btw May 9, 2011) we never have a problem finding the right one for dinner.

• Visited August 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
United States
“Won't go back”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2011 via mobile

We ate at Trattoria 13 while vacationing on Manasota Key. We have family there and, while we are certain to return to the area, will not be going back to the restaurant. To start the meal, we were brought three brown-and-serve breadsticks with some Parmesan cheese sprinkled on them. This was followed by a plate of tough, flavorless calamari served with a below average sauce. A cup of spicy lobster soup was next. It was okay, but not great. One of us had lobster ravioli; the other had another ravioli dish. Both seemed to be homemade and tasted fine, but were mushy. The sauces were good, but there was too much of them end they overwhelmed the pasta fillings' flavors. The server, who I believe I heard say she was also the manager, was mediocre, with a smart aleck attitude. Drink refills were slow and dirty dishes were left on the table for the entire meal. All in all, not worth the $55 we spent, we won't go back, and do not recommend Trattoria 13.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Port Charlotte, Florida
“No Italian wines, and only canned parmesean!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2011

This isn't an italian restaurant! I ordered the Portafino Special which is like Fruita de mar. I asked for linguini al dente....got over cooked spagetti with overcooked seafood. My husband ordered veal. Sure was tough for veal. My bet is that it was pork. We ordered brusetta. It was burned on the bottom.....black. We also had a clam appetizer. Get this...they used about a quarter cup of DRIED oregano on a dozen really small clams. OMG!!! Who does that?

Visited May 2011