“One of my favorite restaurants!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mediterranean, Family Fare, Diner
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Treasure Island, Florida
“One of my favorite restaurants!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2011

I have been a patron of Parkside for 11 yrs. I find the staff helpful and friendly. You can get breakfast whenever you want, They have many different selections which makes it easy when you have a group with many different tastes. The prices are very reasonable. They are very helpful...when time is short, I have called ahead so my lunch is ready when I get there. I have bought their homemade dessert for family get togethers, much to my family's delight. I think its sad that the man who said he would never go there again, did so based on the fact that he tried to order a Fritatta, an item not on the greek diner's menu. It obvious that he has no idea how one is cooked.

• Visited February 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Pinellas Park, Florida
“Never Again !!!!! Puke on a plate - for an Omelet...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2010

I cannot believe the way I was just treated in The PARKSIDE CAFE Restaurant... I have had many meals before and the food is average, but usually acceptable. The service most always is quick and when you are in a hurry as I was today, I suggested to my 4 other friends to it will be quick and the food is not the best but it's good enough. Any other time I have ordered an Omelet I have told the server how I prefer it be cooked and not had a problem. I asked that the egg be cooked on the grill and once the egg was lightly cooked add the indgredients and fold it over ... I mad it clear I did not want me Omelet to be over cooked, browned, hard as rubber, with all the ingredients cooked in the egg mixture (I beleive that is called a Frittata). The first time the Omelet came just the way I asked doe it to not come. I sent it back and the second time it came back even worse and looked like puke on a plate. I was very polite to our waitress who had more tables than she could handle, I asked for Eggs Benedict as one of my invited first time (and last time) guest had it and it looked good. I was told that I could not have anymore food - get this two times they cook it wrong I was told to go home and cook my Omelet myself! I am so happy for Jimmy the owner (and food expiditer) that he is doing well enough in these times that he can treat the Customer (who used to be Always right) , as if he could care less.... I will tell as many people as I can as will my four first time guest how Rude the Owner of the Parkside Cafe is. I say the waitress had more tables had more tables than she could handle because, most of the breakfest side items, biscuits, hash browns etc had to be reatedly asked for over and over well in to our not so wonderful experience at the PARKSIDE CAFE! Never again!

• 1 of 5 stars Food
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Good, basic comfort-food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2009

Nothing fancy --- just good, basic comfort food. Very reasonably priced. Good selection and good breakfast. Had a great steak dinner there too. Also - this restaurant is very clean. Service is good -- not overly friendly -- but good.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Pinellas Park, Florida
“Great place for luncheon...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2009

Great place for luncheon groups.

Pinellas Park
“Nice little restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2009

It's just your average little restaurant with big portions of home style food. Nothing fancy. Just a simple, relaxed atmosphere with friendly servers and good old comfort foods. Pancakes were awesome. So were the crepes!