“Wouldn't think of staying here again” 2 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn Tampa Bay Pinellas Park Clearwater
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   7500 Highway 19 North, Pinellas Park, FL 33781   |
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Pinellas Park
West Palm Beach, Florida, United States
“Wouldn't think of staying here again”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

The first room we were assigned to had a very bad smell of mold/mildew. The room was dirty as well. Tub was dirty, hair was on the floor, carpet was not very clean. We went to the front desk & asked for a new room. Told them about the odor & they said they don't have mold & mildew. We did get a new room right below the first one. This room ended up with the same odor as the first one on our second day. The tub has a "soft spot" in it. Needless to say, this time we left and went to COMFORT INN on 54th St/Ave near I 275. The morning we left La Quinta my friend I was with had a bad asthma attack because of the odor in the room. They did give us the last night free. That still don't cover for the asthma attack that interrupted our days plans. Breakfast wasn't all that great. We even asked for the carpet to be dried around the ac because that's where the problem is. They said they would fix the ac & dry the carpet. IT WASN'T EVEN TOUCHED. That's when we should have left!! We learned a valuable lesson on this trip. The carpets in the rooms need to be shampooed or replaced they are so dirty. We will not stay in La Quinta again. Better room, bathroom is a lot bigger, breakfast, and very friendly and courtious staff at COMFORT INN.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Polish first
Bristol, Connecticut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

This was the strangest stay ever. First of all we Like best westerns so we tend to go in that direction. We booked with a Best western. Well it wasnt up to the usual Best western qualities.
Problems :
Breakfast bar was aweful
Meat had a sterno under it that went out and the attendant never turned back on
everything was stale old just gross
Our door knob on our room was Broken ..Literally BROKEN ...it wouldnt open with out a pair of pliers which we were handed and told to use until it got fixed....Can you say Fire hazard ...two kids also made this extra unsafe ...we were told no other rooms open
Pool was closed for painting ....
In the parking lot was a biker bar ....which was fine but one of the nights ( every wendsday) was a huge convention with bands and THOUSANDS of bikes starting up all night ...
BT THE STRANGEST THING WAS
leaving at 10 am and it was a best western and coming back that evening and it was a La Quinta ...there was a bag over the sign ...everything was changed , even the number on our room was changed ...it was all very strange . when we checked out they did discount the room but considering I thought it should have been comped we were there 5 days.

Room Tip: it might be better now that its converted but it was a pain in the butt to get to the location was s...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

The stay was perfect. The housekeeping department was excellent. I don't know if they sent them to school for housekeeping, but they should start their own school to show the rest of the industry how it's done !!! Front desk service I cannot say enough. Anytime, night or day, they are their for you. The location was right where I needed to be. Restaurants, shopping, just minutes from the beaches, and the interstate is just a couple miles from the hotel. The pool was always clean and maintained. I have stayed at nearby hotels on the beach in the past, and they do not compare to the value and hospitality that I have received here. I will definitely come back. Thank you so much for the great stay and hospitality !!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Tampa, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

I have stayed at at this hotel a few times when coming in to town to visit family. For the price, I wasn't expecting much and it seemed to meet our needs at first for being close to relatives and a good price. However, the last couple of times I've stayed there I've been disappointed.

The "do not disturb" signs were stolen from the outside of the doors as the hotel rooms are open to the outside so anyone can walk up to the room doors. The maid actually walked in on me still sleeping because the sign was stolen from the door. So this has me concerned about overall safety as well as being annoying. When the front desk person was notified about the do not disturb sign being missing she mentioned that it happens a lot and there's nothing they can do about it. I guess it happens so often that they didnt' even have an replacement sign to give. I guess hiring a security guard to do rounds around the property a night hasn't occurred to them.

The breakfast is ok, it's mostly pre-packaged muffins, bagels, and yogurt but it's sufficient and doesn't cost extra which is nice. I also like that it is dog friendly and there's no extra charge for pets. However, there aren't any real grassy areas to walk your dogs in or cannisters for their waste disposal. Although it is located in a very busy intersection the rooms were quiet. The rooms are a decent size but I find the rooms all seem to have a musty smell and the bathroom showers have a lot of mold and just don't seem clean. I feel like overall the rooms could be cleaned much better. Due to my recent concerns about safety of the property I won't be staying at this La Qunita anymore.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

This hotel was ok, for the 2 nights. Location was great, everything you might need is next door. The bed was comfy, now this is why I didn't give it a 5. The chair was broken, behind the bed was dirty ( hair , food) found a baby spider killed it before my husband knew anything. Still he doesn't know, the BF was not all that. Ceral, milk yogurt, bagels and simple stuff. I really was not impressed ,but the price was great. Due to my findings at check out I received 20 bucks off. That was nice, but not enough for me to stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

St. Marys, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights. The room was small and a bit old. Very comfortable bed, good shower. Breakfast left a lot to be desired - the coffee was watery and tasteless. Staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to La Quinta Inn Tampa Bay Pinellas Park Clearwater? Share your experiences!