“Pork Shank” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Pinellas Park, Florida
“Pork Shank”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Didn't feel like cooking so tried take-out from here. The Pork Shank was flavorful and not too tough. The bone is large, though, so there is not a whole lot of meat -or maybe I just got one that had pieces fall off during cooking - I would not recommend the onion (st)rings. Mine at least, were very greasy and mushy. (I tried a few as I got in the car, so it was not due to being in the to go box). I think I would eat there if I went for the sporty atmosphere with a group of friends.

Visited February 2013
thomas e, Owner at Pete & Shortys, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Hi Sue, Thank you for choosing us for your To Go order. I'm sorry that your onion straws were soggy. We have contemplated not offering them for To Go orders because they are really best eaten right out of the fryer. The next time you order food To Go I would suggest our tater tots or roasted red potatoes which travel very well. I would encourage you to give the onion straws another try the next time you dine in the restaurant, they are delicious when hot and crispy. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed of pork shank, it is one of my favorite dishes. If you are a fan of pork then you have found the restaurant for you. We are famous for or pork tenderloin sandwich and always have great pork specials like our pork tenderloin Florentine and our new spicy roasted pork sliders. Thank you for the review and we look forward to seeing again soon. please feel free to ask for me (Tom) or one of my assistants (Mike & Nick) the next time you are in the restaurant. We love to meet our neighbors and hopefully help turn them into new regulars.
Tom Edwards
Managing Partner

Pinellas Park, Florida
“Great local hangout”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant is one of Pinellas Park's great local facilities. We love their food and their service. The drinks are good also.
Their Shorty burgers are wonderful and their specials cover a good range of variety. Easy in, easy out type place.

Visited May 2013
thomas e, Owner at Pete & Shortys, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Hi Steve,
Thank you for the review. Reviews like yours help me to believe that we are beginning to succeed in creating an atmosphere that makes our neighbors feel welcome and comfortable.I am very glad to hear that you enjoy our shorty burgers and specials. please feel free to ask for me (Tom) or one of my assistants (Mike & Nick) the next time you are in the restaurant. We love to meet our neighbors and are proud to be a member of the Pinellas Park community.
Tom Edwards
Operating Partner
Muscle Shoals, Alabama, United States
“Excellent Food and Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

We visited at the end of a 12 hour drive to St. Petersburg and found the food to be wonderful and the service to be great as well. They did make a mistake on our order but the manager came out and apologized. He replaced the burger for free. I highly recommend the burgers and the french dip sandwich. Their desserts are also wonderful. I will come back here every time I visit St. Petersburg, which is once or twice a year.

This is a must stop place to eat when you are here.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Saint Petersburg, Florida, United States
“Excellent place to eat!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

I have been there several times and will be back many more. Definitely try the pork shank, I have recommended it to friends and they have all thanked me for it.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
St Petersburg
“unexpected”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

We ordered a pitcher of White Sangria while sitting on the front porch waiting for our food. It tasted weak, watered down. We asked the waitress to take it away and ordered other drinks. The meal was very good and the company was great. We did not ask the waitress for the sangria to be zeroed out and didn't expect it, but she did take it off the bill anyway. These days you expect to have to fight for this kind of service and we didn't want to ruin our evening. We were very pleased and will return.

• Visited April 2013