“The only hotel for me when staying in Pinellas Park, FL” 5 of 5 stars

Book a Business Package
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Pinellas Park
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Granville, Ohio
“The only hotel for me when staying in Pinellas Park, FL”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

Had to book a quick trip to FL after a family member became critically ill. This was my first time staying at a CI&S and I was thoroughly impressed with this hotel. Front entrance was extremely clean & welcoming, lobby was very nicely decorated, couldn't have asked for a more efficient check-in process. Room was very nice & clean & had a microwave & frig. Bathroom was nicer than my bathroom at home. Breakfast was nice & more importantly is included in the cost of the room. Loved the free WI-FI. The use of the business center is complimentary which is a big plus! Check-out was effortless. The only minor issue (emphasis on "minor") was that I could hear the folks talking in the room next door in the middle of the night. I solved that problem by turning on the room a/c to drown out the noise. Overall, a great value for the money. I will gladly return to this hotel. Thanks Country Inns & Suites!

• Stayed February 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Palm City, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

We have stayed at many, many Country Inns and have never been disappointed..until now.

We are professional bike designer/builders and we recently stayed here for a weekend event in Clearwater. The event was a motorcycle show hosted by Quaker Steak and Lube (who, by the way, went out of their way to accommodate the HUGE number of participants and spectators for the show). Country Inn made no special arrangements for the guests of the show. Not only did they not provide any designated parking space, but actually DENIED all requests to use the 2 covered parking spaces in front of the lobby area for the bikes participating. Subsequently, we covered our custom bike for the night and parked behind the building as directed. Two other bikes came in after us and also parked in the unsecured area. In the morning we went out to where we parked and were greeted by police and the other bike owners. Apparently, their bikes were vandalized, and personal items, as well as parts from their bikes, had been stolen during the night.

When we arrived and realized the parking situation, we requested a ground level room so we could try to keep a closer eye on our bike. We were told there were no first floor rooms available and were given a room on the 4th floor. The room was a designated handicap access room. The problem was, three times during our stay the elevator was not operational. I can only imagine the problem that would be if we were actually handicapped. Having to use the stairwells was not a problem for us, except that fire escape routes which indicate where the stairs are weren't posted ANYWHERE in the building, including in the rooms, near the elevators, or anywhere in the hallways. I can only imagine the hazard that would pose if there were ever a need for an emergency evacuation.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I arrived to the inn early unable to check in which I understood.. However it would have been nice to have a CLEAN ROOM.. The bathroom had old soap from the previous patron. That explained alot I was afraid to put my feet in the tub.. I told the front desk.. The manager on duty "I will take care of it". I return later that day the bed was NOT MADE and the same soap was in the shower. I called "they don't make beds with personal items on them" I left my neck roll on top of the bed.. So I guess they don't clean bathrooms either because I left my shower gel out.. It was a tragic experience. It was party all night outside the inn on a weekday.

• Stayed February 2013
Lévis, Quebec, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

We were a party of four, two couples coming from Canada to enjoy bicycling on beautiful Pinellas Bike Trail extending from north to south of the whole peninsula, from Tarpon Springs to St. Petersburg. From our arrival until our leave a week later, the staff was absolutely amenable to all our needs and requests and made our sojourn thoroughly enjoyable. Shopping and going places was also really easy from that central location. Our New Year's Eve dinner alone in the 'dining room' was made greater by the charming occasional presence of the clerk on duty who really made us feel home. We will be back one day! Thank you, Jibri, Nelza and Gert!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I had to make a sudden trip from Indiana to St Pete due to a family emergency. The staff at this hotel
Were very nice and understood our situation ( we had no idea how long we would be in town) . Check in was easy.
The room was a nice size, bathroom was nice but the water pressure and temp was terrible. The bed and pillows were uncomfortable. We checked out today but then found out we need to stay for another week. We opted to go to a different hotel because my neck hurts so bad I can't sleep with those pillows and bed another night. Lol
It really was a fine stay. Just a few things. Besides the bed.
The breakfast was unusual- chicken fingers? No eggs or sausage/ bacon. I mean If you are going to offer a hot breakfast you would think you would have eggs? The oatmeal was good as were the waffles.

Our 3rd night there we were kept awake by people outside our window being extremely loud. Well after midnight they moved into the hotel and must have been our neighbors. Around 5:15am I was woke up by what sounded like them yelling at each other and this went on for awhile. At 5:30 I decided to get up , it was about 15 minutes later that they began slamming their doors. They still had the TV blaring when we left at 9am. Sounds are easily heard through these walls.
It was a good price. And as I said, nice staff.
Would I stay again? Probably not. We are staying for another week and are moving to another hotel.

• Stayed January 2013
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I liked staying there, but I did not like hearing gunshot noise when in my room and when in the parking lot. I also could hear it very loudly when dining outside at a nearby restaurant. This was from the early evening and into the early morning! VERY disturbing. I felt like I was going to be shot, so I don't think I will be back there or in the area ever again. Did not feel safe. Management should do something about this, but maybe it's just me. In this day and age, with all the gun crazy people, I can't imagine I'm the only one who feels this way. So, the area won't be getting any more of my money.

Room Tip: Stay away from the highway area or you may hear gunshot noise.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Lake Placid, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

On a recent trip to the VA hospital in Tampa, we had to have an over night stay close to the facility. Country inn fit the bill, about 20 minutes away. In a nice and safe area of town, close to shopping and restaurants, we chose this one for the previous reasons. We requested an early arrival and a disability room on the first floor, which we recieved with no questions asked. The girl at the front desk was so accomodating and welcoming, I wish I had gotten her name, ( 1-8-13 at about 12:00 arrival, which should be able to pinpoint who she was), she went over and above for us! The room was extremely clean and the housekeeping girl, who cleaned our room was also very nice. Would highly recommend this hotel to anyone in the area. Breakfast was also very good, and the room was spic-n-span!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to Country Inn and Suites Pinellas Park? Share your experiences!