“Best BBQ any where around” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 39 Restaurants in Perry
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Seafood, Barbecue, Hamburgers
Dining options: Dinner, Takeout
Description: Stop by Goodman’s for some delicious Southern BBQ! We strive to combine the most palatable culinary experience possible with first-class service that is unmatched by any other establishment! We have take-out, drive-thru, and even delivery service with a minimum order requirement. We are also licensed caters by the State of Florida and are ready to fully service your upcoming events. Contact us for more information.
Perry, Florida, United States
“Best BBQ any where around”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

I have not ever ordered anything from there that was not great. Salads, sandwich, ribs, chicken or pulled pork it is all good. Sides fries beans slaw broccoli bites, cheese sticks it is all wonderful best sweet tea and service like no other.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Saint Cloud, Florida
“Needs help”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

I will start with the good, the chicken was well seasoned and the baked beans were good. The prices are fantastic and the menu has about everything southern. The problem we had was the service, not friendly or that southern warm you expect. The place is dirty, there is no other way to put it, it needs a good steam cleaning. The bathroom are bad, there is no lock at the stall and look and feel dirty. That is the feeling you get at this place, its dirty. The food we ordered was cold and the worst part is the soup was cold. We ordered coffee, never asked if we were ready for dessert. The creamers were powder packets, non dairy, yuck....Pretty much you are on your own, don't expect to be catered too. I would say just order to go, warm up the food at home and enjoy at home.

• Visited February 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Sandy_GoodmansBBQ, Owner at Goodman's Real Pit BBQ, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Hi, I am sorry to hear you were were disappointed with your visit to Goodman's, I was wondering what exactly you thought was dirty at my restaurant? The bathrooms were re done a few years ago, There is a lock on the doors, it is the small round hole in the middle and of the doors and you click it and locks. I admit my building is going on thirty years old, but I Keep my place clean, As far as the food being cold I will address the situation for sure, and the service. Thank you for bring it to mt attention, Please give me your feedback on what made you think it was not clean enough,. Thank you, Sandy Chester
Oakland Park, Florida
“Just good eats”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

We have eaten here every time we visit the BBQ is outstanding and the portions well you'll see you won't go hungry that's for sure.
The service is always great and friendly a must try

Visited February 2014
shanghai
“loved this place and food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

I'm coming at this from a first experience of BBQ places and we really liked it. It isn't fancy but it doesn't try or pretend to be. It's basic to look at and a bit quirky but the place was full, with locals and not tourists (like us!). The service was very good and the food just great. The fried green tomatoes were wonderful with a crisp light batter and as this was our first experience of these I have a feeling that all others on our trip will be judged against these and that we may have had the best first. The BBQ chicken and ribs were excellent and as there was a lot and I couldn't finish them, I'm already looking forward to these cold for lunch on our journey today and we haven't had breakfast yet! Oh and the peach and the blueberry cobbler, included in the meal, were fantastic and we don't often finish a dessert, we did these. If you're local you know this place but if you're passing through and you don't want fancy but you do want a local feel and great food, go here.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sarasota, Florida
“Good Southern Grub”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

We have eaten here before. If you like Southern cooking(Fried Green Tomatoes,Brunswick Stew, fried Okra, etc, this is an OK place. Not too expensive, just plain old southern cooking. It will keep you alive.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Sandy_GoodmansBBQ, Owner at Goodman's Real Pit BBQ, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Oh Jack Jack Jack, That is so disappointing to hear, My food is o.k. it will keep you alive, I want folks to say Wow great bbq, that girl know's what she is doing. Soooo do you think you could change your review to that with five stars If you don't mind. Just Kidding, but I am sorry to hear that it was just o.k.. Did you try the bbq? What did ya think about it?