“Great location excellent price!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Pensacola - University Mall

You added Extended Stay America - Pensacola - University Mall to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Pensacola - University Mall
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   809 Bloodworth Lane, Pensacola, FL 32504   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #35 of 61 Hotels in Pensacola
“Great location excellent price!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

Upon arrival the staff was very helpful, the rooms were nice but had a closed up smell but with rhe dollar tree being so near it was nothing to make the room feel like home.. The location was very easy to access everything, and the price was very affordable! I would definitely recommend this hotel

• Stayed August 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Pensacola - University Mall, responded to this review, August 27, 2014
We want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. We are glad to read that you were pleased with our helpful staff and convenient location.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

We have always been pleased with our stay at Extended Stay locations. This was also a good choice with comfortable beds and spacious accommodations. The showers and linens were acceptable. Our only complaint was the dog barking repeatedly down the hallway in the morning. Thankfully, we had already begun getting ready. Otherwise, it would have been quite bothersome.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for posting a review of our hotel. We appreciate you letting us know about the noise disturbance. We are sorry for this issue, but are happy to read that we provided you with a pleasurable stay.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

Very nice and spacious rooms. We had the problem that the hotel has only a room with one Queen bed available but the rooms are big enough that we could use two air beds in the room for our kids. Really great service at the desk. Definitely recommend it.

Stayed July 2014
san antonio, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

I would consider this place more of a halfway house for smokers and drinkers, most guest hung out front of the place smoking, and half were toasted. Then the manager gave one of his cleaners a tall boy while he was working. Floor of the room had a burn where ??? meth cooking? or hot plate that turned over? Walls were dirty, and half of the utensils were missing, had to go ask for knives, toaster etc. If you don't care about a clean place, and don't have a family, you like to drink and smoke, then this is the place for you.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Pensacola - University Mall, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay. We apologize that your room did not meet your expectations. We are scheduled for a full renovation which will improve our entire hotel. We expect a high level of professionalism from our staff, so we looked into the incident you described. The staff member was handed a tall energy drink, not an alcoholic beverage which is prohibited. We are sorry for the confusion. We also apologize that our customizable kitchen policy was not explained to you at check-in. We store our kitchenware in a sterile environment and allow our guests to pick the items that they would like in their room. We will work with our front desk staff to ensure we are fully informing our guests of our available amenities during check-in.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. We invite you to contact us, at pum@extendedstay.com, if you have any additional comments. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Other than the friendly staff, cold A/C and a reasonably comfortable bed....I don't have anything good to say. Maybe it was just my bad luck but I was checked into a room that was dirty. The bed was made but the kitchen counter tops had crumbs on them, the kitchen sink had remnants of food, the bathroom counter top had hair stuck to it and the carpet in the room had stains and was sticky. The carpet was so dirty it turned my white socks black on the bottoms. I spoke to the friendly people at the front desk about this and they assured me that someone would come to "freshen it up". There must have been a break down in communication between the front desk and the cleaning crew because no one ever came. I'm real easy going so I did not remind them that my room needed cleaning. I refused to let this ruin my trip, however I will never stay there again.

Room Tip: Like I said before, maybe it was just my bad luck so you might not go by my experience. However, on...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Pensacola - University Mall, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. The cleanliness issues you described in your room is unacceptable. Please accept my sincerest apologies. In response to your feedback, I will be reviewing cleanliness standards with my housekeeping staff to ensure that your experience is not repeated. Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. I invite you to contact me, at pum@extendedstay.com, if you have any additional comments. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Lakeland, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

First of all the staff was nice and the coffee was good but aside from that this place was horrible!! We will never stay in the Extended America chain again, we paid for our entire stay (8 days) from the very start yet our room smelled musty, stains on carpet both in room and outside the door. The bed was hard as a rock, you had to ask for everything in this place, T.P., washcloths, towels, blankets, pillows (and they ran out of pillows) There were no dishes, silverware, toaster, coffee maker, cups etc.. In the room you had to ask for it. I can understand this policy for some folks but we are respectable, well to do working class people, I felt treated like a second class citizen in this place!! The room across from us had a dog and it barked all the time,, we complained because it was after 10 p.m. but the braking continued and nothing was done. There were people outside on the grass loitering with grills & coolers, it wasn’t good. The entire experience put a damper on our vacation, we were in town to visit my husband’s family and they all know what we had to endure! If you like cheap, this place is for you, don’t expect much from this place; this place needs a major overhaul or bulldozed and rebuilt! The company needs to address this place badly, be forewarned if you stay here, don’t expect much, horrible, horrible, place!!

Room Tip: Avoid it completely!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Pensacola - University Mall, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. We are sorry to hear that your overall experience was not to our company's standards. We are in the process of scheduling a renovation of our hotel so that we can provide a better stay for our guests. We are currently scheduled for a carpet cleaning to address the issue you experienced. We apologize that you were not notified that we allow guests to customize their kitchen and that all kitchenware is stored at the front desk in a sterile, clean environment. We will review your feedback with our front desk staff to make sure all of our guests are fully informed of our amenities during check-in.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. We invite you to contact us, at pum@extendedstay.com, if you have any additional comments. We do hope that you will return to our hotel to see all the positive strides we have made.
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Price was good through Expedia. Pet policy sucks. $25 per night per pet. I had two small dogs that coast me $50 plus tax and fees per night. Almost as much as what I paid for just me through Expedia. The room was old. The furnishings and appliances old. The carpet was stained and sticky. I didn't want to walk on it in my bare feet. For what they charge for pet fees only you'd expect a cleaner place.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Been to Extended Stay America - Pensacola - University Mall? Share your experiences!