You added Extended Stay America - Pensacola - University Mall to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Pensacola - University Mall
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   809 Bloodworth Lane, Pensacola, FL 32504   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #35 of 61 Hotels in Pensacola
“Good Value”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

I was able to secure a really great price for this hotel and to my surprise the room was really good. At check-in I was offered items for my stay. Facilities were clean. Bed was comfortable. The only downside was that there was a very loud woman nearby and she continued to yell throughout the night. It was a Sunday night so it was a little disappointing.

Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Bainbridge, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

I enjoyed my stay here. The location was very convenient to stores and restaurants. All the staff I met were courteous and helpful. Sure things could always be nicer as far as lighting, sheets, beds and such but this was just a quick night stay. My towels, sheets, kitchen, and room were all very clean for an interstate highway location.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Orlando, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

I get to travel sometimes with the company I work for and I needed to go to Pensacola, Florida. I went online to look for a hotel to stay at that was going to be convenient and affordable. I was really skeptical about the low price, thinking that it was going to be a dump. But when I arrived I was very surprised and happy with the setting. A very clean facility, great customer service, and the manager took time out to get me the directions to the places I needed to travel to. An awesome experience! Thanks!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Tallahassee, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

I bought this room on a bidding site for a very cheap price. I saw a guy just walk up to the counter and pay $50-60/night for his room, so that's probably the most you'll pay. This hotel is probably a good deal at either price.
It's an interstate exit motel surrounded by commercial area, so there are restaurants and stores around. It's about ten minutes from downtown Pensacola, and probably 25 minutes to the beach. If you're looking for a beach vacation (as I was), this place will work, but you'll have to take into account that you're saving a ton of money by not staying directly on the beach. I've stayed in this area for work in downtown, and it's perfectly serviceable for that.
The hotel and area seem safe, and I didn't see a single disreputable person wandering around. I was a little worried given that it's an extended stay, and those places are known for attracting an unpleasant element, but the other guests all seemed perfectly normal.
The bathroom was nice and clean, and the room was fine, I didn't like the bed one bit, but maybe that's just me. The kitchen wasn't stunning, but it's always nice to have a full fridge and appliances. The carpet had a red stain near the window... I suspect it was lipstick rather than something more gross, but I easily avoided it anyway. There was some sort of drip that never stopped, but it's these little things that gets a star bumped off of a really cheap hotel room.
Keep in mind that it's extended stay, so there's only maid service once per week. You can get whatever you need from the front desk. I was only there two nights, so I didn't need anything except more coffee for the coffeemaker. I'd definitely stay again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

Room was clean and everyone was friendly and helpful! We had a great experience. the room had a full size fridge, microwave, stovetop, iron & board. Our room didn't have hangers but the front desk provided us with a few for our stay. They also had guest laundry, vending machines and multiple access points so you could park closest to your room. There is also an elevator for those staying upstairs. The hotel was close to plenty of shopping and restaurants. I wish it was closer to the beach but I would stay again.

• Stayed May 2013
Terre Haute, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

I like the price of the hotel, however I do not like the limited service and amenities. The lobby (only optimistically) has two chairs and little else. There is free wi-fi, but the main lobby / checking in area does not have a bathroom or a trashcan. You can find a room marked Trash just down the hall.
The man that checked us in is clearing not happy in his job and does not know to communicate with people.

It's one of those things that you have to decide. How much money do you want to save and is it really worth it?

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

This is one of the worst places I have stayed. The lady at the front fedk was polite but kept me waiting while she was on the phone for ten minutes before I could check in. I upgraded a few bucks to have better linen and when I arrived the bed had an imprint of someone's head on the pillow. Ewwww. The air condition was incredibly loud and the bed lumpy and uncomfortable. My back hurt all the next day. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed March 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Pensacola - University Mall, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Beth - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that you had to wait a bit longer than usual to check-in and that you found a couple of issues within your room. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have addressed each of these with the entire staff to ensure your experience is not repeated.

Our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.

Been to Extended Stay America - Pensacola - University Mall? Share your experiences!