“NEED A HOME FOR A WHILE THIS IS THE PLACE TO STAY” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Pensacola - University Mall

You added Extended Stay America - Pensacola - University Mall to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Pensacola - University Mall
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   809 Bloodworth Lane, Pensacola, FL 32504   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #35 of 61 Hotels in Pensacola
Surfside Beach, Texas
“NEED A HOME FOR A WHILE THIS IS THE PLACE TO STAY”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

We stayed here for several days while our motor home is being repaired. The hotel was quite accommodating to our needs. It was nice to be able to fix our meals and not have to eat out all the time. The area is quiet and safe we walked around the area several times and felt comfortable. The manager and staff were very friendly and helpful. The fixed issues immediately like fixing a light so I didn't have to wake my husband when I wanted to read. Our pet loved the place and thought the bushes were the coolest things. Would recommend this place and if need again would choose this location for a resting area again.

Room Tip: Do your review search on the internet and ask people you know about their experience with staying in...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Charleston, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

The General Manager Mike was excellent and he seems he will go way out of his way to make sure you enjoy your stay. i really liked the option to pick a free microwave popcorn on my checkin,
He also was accomodating to me staying in the same room when I added an additional night.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
austin, tx
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I stay at Extended Stay America across the country, but this one has them all beat! Felicia and the manager, Mike, have been wonderful. They have gone above and beyond the 'call of duty' in making sure my stay is comfortable. The rooms are newly remodeled and the cleaning staff is excellent. I highly recommend this hotel, especially if you are going to need a place for longer than one or two nights. The convenience of the efficiency apartment layout with the kitchenette is great. With a full sized refrigerator, two burner stove and microwave (plus all the dishes you need), it's great that you can buy your own food and cook some meals yourself. Not only does it save money, but it's nice to eat your own home cooking while away. Hands down, this is one of the best managed hotels out of all of my stays over the years of working as a travel photographer. Thanks to Mike and Felicia, my 'home away' does feel like home.

Room Tip: This location is back off the road a bit so any location is quiet. There are trees separating it fr...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Santa Rosa Beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

My friend and I went to the Opera in Pensacola and since it is a 2 hour drive, we decided to spend the night. We chose the above hotel because it was close to the freeway and not far from the theater. When we checked the young man at the front desk was very courteous and helpful and the manager, Mike Kane, personally escorted us to our room and made sure we were settled in properly. The beds were very comfy and amazingly...the pillows were perfect!
(I usually hate hotel/motel pillows). Everything was clean and it was lovely to have fresh coffee in the room and then breakfast in the lobby. We are coming again in March and will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Be sure and take advantage of the breakfast...yummy blueberry muffins
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
ESH-RDO, Owner at Extended Stay America - Pensacola - University Mall, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our new breakfast and pillow-top mattresses. We have gotten a lot of accolades since our recent upgrades. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Staff was very friendly and great central location. I would highly recommend this location to anyone coming to the area, whether it's short or long term. Rooms have kitchens and there is a grocery store near by to save on costs while in the area.

• Stayed January 2013
ESH-RDO, Owner at Extended Stay America - Pensacola - University Mall, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. It's great to hear that our staff impressed you, I have passed your comments on to them as well as senior management. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Pensacola
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

My wife had neurosurgery in Pensacola, FL to remove a brain tumor. Our home was undergoing extensive remodeling and we needed a clean place to stay following the delicate surgery. Mike Kane and his staff at the hotel were outstanding with helping us to have a convenient room on the first floor. The room was perfect for our needs and the staff was friendly and helpful for all our requests. I highly recommend this extended stay hotel for the quality of the rooms and the outstanding staff.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
ESH-RDO, Owner at Extended Stay America - Pensacola - University Mall, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a glowing review. I'm so pleased to hear that my staff and I exceeded your expectations. I've shared your comments with the entire team as well as our senior managment. We're glad that everything went well with your wife's surgury and please convey to her our best wishes. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Columbus
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

There for Thanksgiving and had a great stay. We delt with a lady named Felicia and a man named Mike that was the manager. They were very friendly and seemed to really know their job. It was a very smooth process to check in and out. Very quick but didnt feel rushed. The room was in great condition and the area was very quiet. This hotel is pet friendly even if we dont have pets..you couldn't tell there were pets there either by smell or noise. Nice little bonus was the kitchen area down to the dishes and little hot pad and dish towels. Better than some hotels that just put a bathroom hand towel there. We will for sure be back!

Room Tip: 3rd floor at the end of hall facing the front was very quiet.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
ESH-RDO, Owner at Extended Stay America - Pensacola - University Mall, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful things about your experience. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a ""home away from home"" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Been to Extended Stay America - Pensacola - University Mall? Share your experiences!