“Trip to the Opera” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Pensacola - University Mall

You added Extended Stay America - Pensacola - University Mall to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Pensacola - University Mall
Ranked #37 of 61 Hotels in Pensacola
Santa Rosa Beach
“Trip to the Opera”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

My friend and I went to the Opera in Pensacola and since it is a 2 hour drive, we decided to spend the night. We chose the above hotel because it was close to the freeway and not far from the theater. When we checked the young man at the front desk was very courteous and helpful and the manager, Mike Kane, personally escorted us to our room and made sure we were settled in properly. The beds were very comfy and amazingly...the pillows were perfect!
(I usually hate hotel/motel pillows). Everything was clean and it was lovely to have fresh coffee in the room and then breakfast in the lobby. We are coming again in March and will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Be sure and take advantage of the breakfast...yummy blueberry muffins
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
ESH-RDO, Owner at Extended Stay America - Pensacola - University Mall, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our new breakfast and pillow-top mattresses. We have gotten a lot of accolades since our recent upgrades. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Staff was very friendly and great central location. I would highly recommend this location to anyone coming to the area, whether it's short or long term. Rooms have kitchens and there is a grocery store near by to save on costs while in the area.

• Stayed January 2013
ESH-RDO, Owner at Extended Stay America - Pensacola - University Mall, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. It's great to hear that our staff impressed you, I have passed your comments on to them as well as senior management. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Pensacola
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

My wife had neurosurgery in Pensacola, FL to remove a brain tumor. Our home was undergoing extensive remodeling and we needed a clean place to stay following the delicate surgery. Mike Kane and his staff at the hotel were outstanding with helping us to have a convenient room on the first floor. The room was perfect for our needs and the staff was friendly and helpful for all our requests. I highly recommend this extended stay hotel for the quality of the rooms and the outstanding staff.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
ESH-RDO, Owner at Extended Stay America - Pensacola - University Mall, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a glowing review. I'm so pleased to hear that my staff and I exceeded your expectations. I've shared your comments with the entire team as well as our senior managment. We're glad that everything went well with your wife's surgury and please convey to her our best wishes. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Columbus
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

There for Thanksgiving and had a great stay. We delt with a lady named Felicia and a man named Mike that was the manager. They were very friendly and seemed to really know their job. It was a very smooth process to check in and out. Very quick but didnt feel rushed. The room was in great condition and the area was very quiet. This hotel is pet friendly even if we dont have pets..you couldn't tell there were pets there either by smell or noise. Nice little bonus was the kitchen area down to the dishes and little hot pad and dish towels. Better than some hotels that just put a bathroom hand towel there. We will for sure be back!

Room Tip: 3rd floor at the end of hall facing the front was very quiet.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
ESH-RDO, Owner at Extended Stay America - Pensacola - University Mall, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful things about your experience. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a ""home away from home"" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

TAMPA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

My crew and I recently stayed here during our 2 week construction mission. We had the "signature" non smoking rooms. The rooms were very comfortable. Clean and quiet. The staff was outstanding, seeing to all our needs and requests. Having stayed primarily at another well known hotel chain for the past 6 years, I found this hotel more comfortable and much more reasonably priced. I liked having a kitchen and full sized refrigerator. Like home away from home. I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Get the Signature rooms
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
ESH-RDO, Owner at Extended Stay America - Pensacola - University Mall, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
"It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. Our company motto is ""Excellence Every Day, Every Way,"" and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America. It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels."
Vonore, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Was there 2 months for work. Staff very friendly. Although it is an older hotel, it was clean and very fair priced! They got new mattresses and new TV'S while I was there. It is under new management. Best value for your buck in Pensacola! Will definitely stay again when I have assignment there! Thank you fro my relaxing stay in Pensacola!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
"Thank you so very much for your nice review of our property. Whenever I read comments like yours, it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America. Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words."
Monterrey, Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

After reading all the terrible reviews here on trip advisor, i decided to give this hotel a try.

Hey was just for one nite on my way from Miami to Houston.

Ok i have to admit, the hotel is old, VERY OLD, is it dirty? yes, but not that bad.

I paid on priceline 35 dlls, so you get what you paid

Carpet is filthy, but not gross. there's a mini kitchen in the room that i didnt use. Bed was old, and i slept over the bedspread because i didnt wanted to be bitten by bed bugs i read from previous tripadvisor reviews. Luckily i didnt receive any bite.

I recommend this hotel only if it is for an overnight stay.

Its not that bad at all, just be prepared for anything and youll be fine.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Pensacola - University Mall, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review for our hotel. We take great pride in offering a clean, comfortable room at an affordable price, so I was happy to read your comments about your accommodations. However, I was disappointed to read the rest of your remarks. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Given how hard we work to provide our guests with outstanding accommodations, I was troubled to read your remarks about the your suite. Please know how important your comfort is to us. We have chosen items that we think best fits our customers' needs, and we continue to look for new ways to satisfy everyone's preferences.

As well, our housekeeping staff is held to high standards in terms of cleanliness. On a 7-day rotation, some days in between for a minimal additional cost, they clean rooms and each are inspected by the Hotel Manager's ensuring a comfortable stay. We are, of course, always looking for ways to improve these processes and will continue to keep enhancing them as needed.

It's not common that we get the sort of feedback you provided, and although it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future. Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other brand location in the future.