“Its not that bad” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Pensacola - University Mall

You added Extended Stay America - Pensacola - University Mall to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Pensacola - University Mall
Ranked #35 of 61 Hotels in Pensacola
Monterrey, Mexico
“Its not that bad”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

After reading all the terrible reviews here on trip advisor, i decided to give this hotel a try.

Hey was just for one nite on my way from Miami to Houston.

Ok i have to admit, the hotel is old, VERY OLD, is it dirty? yes, but not that bad.

I paid on priceline 35 dlls, so you get what you paid

Carpet is filthy, but not gross. there's a mini kitchen in the room that i didnt use. Bed was old, and i slept over the bedspread because i didnt wanted to be bitten by bed bugs i read from previous tripadvisor reviews. Luckily i didnt receive any bite.

I recommend this hotel only if it is for an overnight stay.

Its not that bad at all, just be prepared for anything and youll be fine.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Pensacola - University Mall, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review for our hotel. We take great pride in offering a clean, comfortable room at an affordable price, so I was happy to read your comments about your accommodations. However, I was disappointed to read the rest of your remarks. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Given how hard we work to provide our guests with outstanding accommodations, I was troubled to read your remarks about the your suite. Please know how important your comfort is to us. We have chosen items that we think best fits our customers' needs, and we continue to look for new ways to satisfy everyone's preferences.

As well, our housekeeping staff is held to high standards in terms of cleanliness. On a 7-day rotation, some days in between for a minimal additional cost, they clean rooms and each are inspected by the Hotel Manager's ensuring a comfortable stay. We are, of course, always looking for ways to improve these processes and will continue to keep enhancing them as needed.

It's not common that we get the sort of feedback you provided, and although it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future. Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other brand location in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

Ive been a guest at this hotel two times passing through visiting and relaxing. The first time about 5 months ago I had a wonderful stay! Friendly proffesional staff were there to greet you and accommodate, I dont know what happened.Even though the rooms are shabby it's inexpensive and thought I'd stay again. Only to be greeted by a rude girl with a miserable attitude. So unpleasant to deal with her and her disgusting attitude. I am so unhappy with this stay and Will not ever stay in that place again!!!

• Stayed July 2012
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Pensacola - University Mall, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at our hotel. Providing for your total satisfaction, from the moment you arrive to the moment you depart, is my staff's primary duty. Hearing that we failed in your case is truly disheartening, and for that, I offer you my sincerest apology.

Our hotel prides itself on exceptional customer service. We know that you have many lodging choices in our area, so we see it as our duty to go the extra mile however we can. Not only is this my personal belief, but it is a guiding principle at our hotel. I have, therefore, reviewed with each staff member the importance of being professional and courteous to every one of our guests, no matter the circumstances.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

I checked into the extended stay in Pensacola for a few days as I was visiting friends. I found the hotel to be dirty and the girl at the front desk to be ab extremely rude and condescending person named . She treated us horribly and had a terrible attitude! Not to mention the rooms are dirty with uncomfortable mattresses and filthy carpet! I would not recomemend this hotel to anyone!! GO ELSEWHERE!

• Stayed August 2012

I am grateful for the opportunity to respond to your concern. I have spoken with my staff and reviewed the importance of being professional and polite with each and every guest, no matter how busy we may be. It is my sincere hope that apart from this unfortunate occurrence, the rest of your stay with us was satisfying.

Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

The first room we went to was on the second floor. The carpet was filthy and had not been cleaned in years, if ever. The mattresses were disgusting and looked as if someone had defecated on them. We were moved to the "upgraded" room on the first floor that was as bad as the first room. The carpet was in bad need of cleaning and there were bugs crawling on the counter in the kitchen. We checked out of this hotel and lost several days that we had already paid for because we made the reservations and had already paid through Expedia. But I would rather have checked out than stayed and surely would have gotten some disease from this hotel.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms at this hotel. We were in two on different floors and both were disgusting.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Pensacola - University Mall, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Pensacola - University Mall. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

I do appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns about the bed in your suite. First, please know that we have strict quality control standards that are meant to prevent a situation like yours from occurring. Specifically, standard operating policy is that linens are always replaced with fresh, clean new bedding before a guest checks in. In addition, all rooms are inspected prior to being made available to the public. That having been said, I recognize the issue you have brought to my attention and discussed it with hotel staff and management.

Tampa, Florida, USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2011

Wet dog hair/smoke smell wafting through certain parts of building. Front desk not attended after 11:00PM. 8:00AM & jackhammer outside window? Open curtains to see man within five feet of window intermittently shouting in Spanish over loud engine for 45-60 minutes.

Room Tip: Avoid hotels named
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
I recently received a copy of your review. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

It is my pleasure to provide an explanation regarding the issue you described. Every part of our hotel, from the in-room features, to the design of the guest room hallways is an integral part in creating a ""home away from home"" experience for our guests. Since we recognize that a quiet, relaxing environment is critical to this goal, we have several systems to ensure that noise from within or outside the hotel doesn't interfere with your stay. I take full responsibility that we were unable to resolve this situation to your satisfaction during your stay.

Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) brand location in the future. Thank you.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2010

We had to try three different non smoking rooms to get one without a strong smoke smell/butts in the windowsill. Our kitchen lacked coffee cups and utensils which were never provided even after informing the front desk. Linens were worn. Other than two small bars of low quality soap there were no toiletries provided. Carpets were stained and pillow very flat from years of wear. No one at the desk 11pm to morning is a security risk. Room fixtures are worn and rusted.
Positives - friendly front desk staff and easy access to major roads.

• Stayed June 2011
Monterey, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2010

We were greeted by a very nice and friendly front desk person. The entry lobby was modern and bright. That was about the extent of the good part of our stay. That is where it ended. The first indication that it wasn't a smart choice was when we stepped into the elevator. It was VERY dirty. Then we proceeded to our room, where there was construction (which was NOT mentioned) on the entire floor. The construction crew had not bothered to vacuum the carpet after removing the baseboards to prepare it for painting.

Walking into the room, I noticed that the room was not cleaned to a high standard. It never got any better. Found out that there wasn't free wi-fi, no housekeeping, thin blankets, one shampoo, no hangers, no luggage rack and the carpet was dirty and overall the room just felt dirty.

Notifying your customers that your floor was under construction would have been appreciated. We would have probably asked for another room or chosen another hotel. Waking up to people painting right outside your room, was a little unnerving. All in all, not the best choice. We will pass in the future. Live and learn.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business

Been to Extended Stay America - Pensacola - University Mall? Share your experiences!