“Had a nice stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 61 Hotels in Pensacola
Jacksonville, Florida
“Had a nice stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

We had a nice time here. The staff was very helpful and friendly. There are a lot of restaurants in this area. We found it cheaper than other hotels close to the beach. The staff updated us on the condition of the roads in the area as we stayed here during hurricane Isaac.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

I was down in Pensacola with my family due to a family emergency. I am a Marriott Associate from another city, so I understand the expectations that we have of our staff members, but I must say that every staff member at this hotel went above and beyond their call of duty, doing everything that they could to make us comfortable and happy during a stressful time. Everyone we encountered during our extended stay was friendly, but two names that really stick out are Larry (Guest Services Manager), and Angela (Guest Services Agent). These two REALLY made it feel like home. Just wanted to say thank you for everything they did!! :)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
ffipensgm, General Manager at Fairfield Inn by Marriott Pensacola, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Dear Cori:
Thank you so much for your kind words about my staff! I also think that they are pretty amazing. I take pride in my hotel and my associates as we all strive for excellence every day, and it is good to hear that our hard work is paying off. If you are ever in our area again, please do not hesitate to contact Larry, Angela, or myself on helping you with reservations. Again thank you for taking time to praise these hard working individuals, it is appreciated.
Connie Sackett
Long Beach, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Spent 8 days enjoying the Gulf Coast travelling from Orlando to Houston - 5 hotels and this one was most $$$ and least enjoyable. Checked in and given room right next to room that had flooded so BIG. LOUD floor fan outside the door with hallway carpet pulled up(!) complained to front desk and they found another room. Why would they have put us there in the first place IF other rooms were available? Poor customer service!!
Way too expensive for a Fairfield Inn and only good thing to say is property was next to I-10. Try to find & stay anywhere in Pensacola other than this Fairfield.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Socalmom:
Thank you so much for taking time to let us know how we did during your most recent stay. I take these comments seriously and would like to apologize for the issues you incurred during your trip. Prior to your arrival we had a guest flood his room and we were in the process of drying the hotel. Unfortunately we put you near the area where the fans were to help clean up the hotel. I have spoken to the front desk person and explained to him that he should have utilized other rooms before placing you and your family next to so much noise. The flooding issue has been resolved and I do hope that you and your family would give the Fairfield Inn Pensacola another try if you are ever in our area again.
Connie Sackett
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

In reading some of the reviews that aren't so positive, I felt I needed to write a review based on our experience during our stay 7/13-16/2012. My husband and I stayed in one of the larger king rooms and my friend had a regular king bedded room. The rooms were very clean, bed was very comfortable, bathroom had ample counter space and the shower had great water pressure. Someone commented that the parking lot was dark and needed more lighting; however, I disagree. I parked an F-150 pick-up truck in the parking lot that had plenty of lighting. I even left beach chairs in the bed of the truck overnight and they were left untouched. The entire staff from the front desk, housekeeping, the lady who monitored the breakfast and even the maintenance staff were very friendly and helpful. Upon our check-out, we missed the complimentary breakfast and we were talking amongst ourselves about where we were going to eat and the front desk clerk offered to go and grab whatever we wanted from the kitchen area where they keep the breakfast items - to me this is 'above and beyond'. This is a Fairfield Inn, which isn't a category 4-5 hotel in the Marriott chain of properties; however, it is a very comfortable, clean and safe place to stay. I'm a Silver Elite Marriott Reward member and I have stayed in some of the nicest resorts and hotels around the United States related to business travel, so I am a bit of a 'hotel snob', but this hotel was absolutely fine for our stay!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 215, which is the larger king room that had a sofa, coffee table, two side chairs...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Southampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012 via mobile

After a drive from New Orleans we arrived to a warm welcome and a sincere, "if there is anything you need, please do not hesitate to ask". After checking into ur room, we enquirer about local eateries, what do you fancie sir, without any prompting, after a quick google search and a mouse click, we were presented with a menue from an amazing PitaPit Store who delivered two fresh pitas within 20 minutes. Room was basic but comfortable. Great nights sleep.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I recently visited Pensacola over the Fourth of July week and was incredibly impressed with the exceptional level of service from all associates, especially Larry who went above and beyond for our group! The location is great, just a short ride to the beach and you can check out the beach town on the way!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012 via mobile

I travel a lot and I'm a Platnium Marriott rewards member. Checked in and was concerned by the sketchy looking crowd hanging around the hotel which is next door to Waffle House. Staff was exceptionally nice but, the room was awful. Arriving at the room the door was ajar and, given the crowd outside, I went in first. The ground floor room was damp everywhere and smelled like pee. Damp floor, damp sheets, damp walls. After an hour or so in the room, we left at 12:30 a.m. to find another hotel. The hotel did not charge us for the room. Lobby and breakfast area was very small and reminded me of Motel 6.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Fairfield Inn by Marriott Pensacola, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
On behalf of the Fairfield Inn by Marriott in Pensacola, FL, we thank you for giving us the opportunity to provide accommodation for you. We know you have various options when traveling to Pensacola, and we are honored you chose us.

Please feel free to contact us at ffipensacola@lbaproperties.com if you would like to discuss your stay with us in further detail. We always strive to meet and exceed expectations here at Fairfield Inn by Marriott in Pensacola, FL, and sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your recent visit. We hope you will give us another chance to show you hospitality at its best.

Again, thank you for choosing Fairfield Inn by Marriott, Pensacola, FL. We certainly look forward to you returning to our property in the future if you travels bring you through Pensacola!

Best regards,