“Everyone was very hospitable and accommodating” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Inn & Suites

You added Americas Best Value Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7200 Plantation Rd, Pensacola, FL 32504 (Formerly Holiday Inn Pensacola University Mall)   |
Ranked #35 of 61 Hotels in Pensacola
Long Beach, Mississippi
“Everyone was very hospitable and accommodating”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

I stayed with this hotel for a little over a month while transitioning to move. It was me, my mom and my 3 small boys and we were accommodated with a 2 room suite. It had 3 beds, 2 full
bathrooms, a full size fridge and a stove top. It was perfect for us and it was very quiet, never had an complaints or problems. The front desk staff and housekeepers were all very friendly an helpful. Will stay again when i visit.

• Stayed January 2014
pina p, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 9, 2014
Southergurl28,

Thank you for your very positive review for our property. Your positive reinforcement really helps our hotel and especially the staff! We are aware that our property is not brand new with all the bells and whistles and we are glad you noticed that we truly strive to make sure our rates are low, service is great, and rooms are clean for our guest. Thank you again for your positive review; we hope you chose our hotel again when you and the family are back in the Pensacola area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Corpus Christi, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Why are you reading the reviews?
You've seen the rating, you know the [low]price, so move along. Or, just grin and bear it.
I chose the latter, and during some post-trip reminiscing, decided I must submit my gripe for others to read if in search of some humor.

Firstly, if I really wanted revenge on this place,( as many reviewers do) not leaving feedback would be the best thing long term, since feedback from customers is invaluable insight for a business to better position themselves. That being said, I must share my experience. America's Best Value Inn, You are welcome for my honest appraisal of your establishment. Please know that any criticisms are offered in a constructive light.

Poor college grad/bachelor here - so I'm no accommodation a snob, and very easy to please. Found this place on a mobile device, and so I missed the reviews.

Pulled in exhausted from driving, at 2am. See a lot of ghetto-rims on old beater cars(first warning).

Notice multiple shady characters hanging out smoking cigars on the balcony at this late hour. Clearly they were: (a)Drug dealers,(b)Pimps, or (c) "clientele" of option (b).

Clerk buzzed me into the lobby('nother warning) and I get a room. Had trouble finding it( did clerk say to the right and up a level, or up and to the right?), so I drove back and forth twice in my car looking for a safer looking spot to park, out of sight of the gentlemen attentively watching my every move from their 2nd floor watchtower. My hopes were out of sight would be out of their minds, and I might avoid a break-in and loss of the valuables I was traveling with.

I thought very hard about just taking the hit, and leaving without even seeing my room. Alas, my drive to save a buck kept me there.

After finding a spot to park I grabbed most of my valuable belongings, and took off for my room.

Room "felt dirty" as soon as I opened the door. Stunk. Was damp and mildew ridden. Had a very strong smell of chemicals.

With chair jammed under doorknob(locks weren't secure), I peeled back covers and slipped in- clothes still on. Expected car to be gone/looted in the morning.

The following morning, I showered, and upon reaching for the towels, found a large stain that led me to believe that housekeeping hadn't provided enough toilet paper for the prior guests. unfortunately ( Really, fortunately) I am not able to local the photo I took, so your imagination will have to fill in the details.

I grabbed my bags, threw my door card at the reception desk, and got the heck out of dodge.

Room Tip: #1 go elsewhere. If you're brave: Try to be closer to the entrance where there is better outs...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
ABVIPCOLA, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Andy G,

We want to apologize to you for the unsafe feeling you got while at our hotel, and as most of your review was in regards to your perception of the safety of our hotel we are glad that you confirmed that your car was just fine in the morning, none of your valuables were missing and you were able to throw your key at our front desk agent on the way out. Our hotel has a wide variety of customers and we do not judge or rent rooms to guest dependent on their skin color or car type that they drive. We regret that you would want revenge for whatever reason with our hotel but please remember that there are several employees (front desk, housekeeping, maintenance, etc) that depend on this hotel and its customers for their own families and well being.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Upon waking up at 2 am fron bites, i captured 2 bed bugs in a cup and went to the front desk. While the parking lot was no whete near full, i was told no more rooms. I was given a refund, and asked to leave

• Stayed August 2013
ABVIPCOLA, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

We do have a policy in place for reports of any types of bugs and the local professional pest control company that we use recommends that any time there is a mention of bugs in a room; that we should avoid moving the guest to another room as bugs maybe transferred from guest luggage and personal items. As you are aware in our business we have guest from all over the world and even though we have a very detailed process to inspect rooms we can not go through all of our guest items and we would never want to blame the guest for bringing bugs into our rooms so that is why we do not move the guest to another room.

We are extremely apologetic for the hardship you experienced at our location and hope that you understand why we have this policy in place. We would never breed bugs in our business and have many strategies in place to make our hotel as comfortable as possible for our guest. Thank you for providing your feedback to our hotel; we will use your experience and feedback to learn and do better for all of our future guest.

Guest Relations - ABVI
Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

We booked this hotel through Travelocity for a weekend vacation for my daughter to enjoy the beach. Traveling from Georgia and arriving there I almost passed out. It looked like a low budget, drug infested place. I never checked in after smelling piss on the outside as I stepped out of my truck. As I got closer to the door the smell got stronger. The doors was filthy on the outside. I wouldn't put my hand on the knob at all. This hotel or motel whatever u want to call it is a disgrace. I went into the lobby to let the representative know I was not staying there. He told me I had to call Travelocity to request my money back. After being on hold for 2 hrs I finally got someone and made a complaint to them. I strongly advise any and everyone to bypass that hotel in a quickness.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
ABVIPCOLA, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
GU,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We are currently under new management and we are really trying hard in every department to ensure that we are doing the best we can to exceed the expectations of all our guest. I am sorry for the delayed responsive time you experienced but as we mentioned to you at the hotel; that when a reservation is booked via Travelocity; unfortunately for our guest they have to cancel through the same avenue. We really wish we could cancel the reservation for you, and we can but the guest still has to call Travelocity to get their money returned. We know it is a process that really needs to be made easier but it is a process that is controlled by Travelocity and not our hotel.

We are not sure why you felt unsafe or smelled urine in the parking lot; we are located right off the interstate, right next door to a shopping center that is under massive renovations, and next door to many other hotels and restaurants as well. We are of course considered an outdoor property, meaning that you go into your room from the outside not through a hallway and maybe that might of been why you incurred some smells, but our staff is listening and we have implemented a new practice for our maintenance department to wash the sidewalks and parking lots MORE often so that these types of issues will be resolved for all future guests.

Thank you again for taking the time to give us your feedback and we hope you will give our new management and very hard working staff a chance to prove our positive changes to you in the future.

Guest Relations ABVI
Louisville, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

The hotel was ok for a budget room while traveling. Clean room, nice pool, ok area by lots of food, mall, movies, and the highway. Small and old tv but sleep was all I needed so not to bad. Price not bad, paid 46.00 in all for one night on an weeknight. Little diner connected to the motel also. All in all not to bad, have stayed at worst. Would stay again. About 20 min drivetime from Pensacola beach.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Joshua,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. Our hotel is very recently been under new management and every department at the hotel is really pushing hard to improve the hotel and experience provided to all of our guest. Your feedback is used to improve what we are already working on and also used as encouragement to the staff that is making a difference for the guest stay.

As you probably already know Americas Best Value Inn's are known for being value based hotels, we do not have all the fancy things the newer hotels have or the big hot free breakfast but we also do not have the HIGH priced rates either! We provide our guest with the basics but we strive to ensure its with a very neat, clean, and fresh room! Great customer service and respect for our guest at a value of savings compared to the competition.

Thank you again for your positive feedback; you really have helped our staff feel like their hard work is paying off!

Guest Relations ABVI
East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I was driving through Florida on my way to Georgia on a Saturdaynight and couldn'tfind a place to stay so i came acrossthis place and it had rooms available, i can see why. The room was dirty and smelly. Febreeze couldn'ttake care of the smell and the sheets gave me a rash, i didnt sleep on the floor because i was afraidthere would be bugs. This room was the most expensive room i had paid for on my trip. The others rooms i had chosen in other discount hotels were cleaner and cheaper. I do not recommend going to this or any best value,unless you find yourselfcaught like i was, in desperate need of a nights sleep and if given a choice i would sleep in my car next time.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Wiggins, Mississippi
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

This hotel room was horrifying. Carpet was nasty, bugs crawling in bathroom. We couldn't sleep in the bed until my husband but it back on it's frames "king size bed" hurting his back while doing so. The sheets needed to be thrown away not washed again. The end tables, TV stand and vanity tops were burned by cigarettes and needed a good wipe down from the dust. No free coffee or muffin but you can go to the restaurant attached to hotel and pay 4.00 for two cups of BAD coffee. And don't try eating the food, i wont even make you listen to how BAD that was. Please stay away from this night mare.

Room Tip: Go to another Hotel
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Americas Best Value Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!