“Unhealthy, bed bugs and somehow got a cough and sore throat in June.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Pensacola West

Save Saved
You added Days Inn Pensacola West to your Saves list
Days Inn Pensacola West
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8060 Lavelle Way, Pensacola, FL 32526 (Formerly Econo Lodge West)   |
Ranked #44 of 60 hotels in Pensacola
Pensacola, Florida
“Unhealthy, bed bugs and somehow got a cough and sore throat in June.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I've stayed at this hotel for almost a week and decided tonight was enough. First night I noticed 4 small bumps on my back. Nothing was thought of it, I chucked it up to mosquitos or something and didn't visually see any bed bugs. The next few nights the bumps got worse and worse, but I still saw no bed bugs and began to think maybe it was fleas from my dogs or something. My final night, which was tonight I absolutely got eaten alive and as soon as I turned the lights on I saw bed bugs everywhere. I immediately checked out and decided to just sleep in my car at the moment and will be going back in the morning for a refund. I'm almost afraid to see bed bugs in my luggage from how long I was there and I don't want to take that into my new home with me and if they do appear, I solely blame this days inn. Don't listen to this "managers response" he leaves on some of these reviews. Basically every bad review I've seen at least once over the past week. Please, for your health and your families health, stay somewhere else.

• Stayed June 2014
daysinnpensacolawest, Webmaster at Days Inn Pensacola West, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Guest,

We provide clean, comfortable rooms at great rates that satisfy dozens of people every week. I’m truly sorry that you were not satisfied, but I reject any suggestion of insect or health issues at this property, which has passed all required inspections. I hope you will stay with us again in the future and take another look at us with an open mind. We’re always getting better and better.

65 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Clearwater, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We were moving and our household goods had been shipped and we were driving to our new place. A long journey and we were not sure how far we would get so we didn't have reservations. Eventually we got to the point where we needed to rest. Just a nice, clean, quiet, and safe place to sleep for the night. We don't usually stay at Days Inns but they were right off the interstate. We asked for a non-smoking room. The room had a no smoking sign at the door. The room did not appear to be cleaned and the amount of filth about made us wonder if the room had been cleaned at all. Even though it was a non-smoking room there was a cigarette butt in the shower. No other rooms were available due to activities in town that weekend.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thanks for staying with us. I’m sorry we did not meet your expectations in this case. We clearly failed you despite the fact that we satisfy so many others. We’re changing and improving, getting better each day. I apologize again that we were less than the best when you stayed with us.

Ferriday, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My girlfriend reserved this room on a surprise weekend get away for me. It was the first time she'd ever reserved a hotel room, so she didn't know what to look for or be wary of.

I very rarely stay at Days Inn. Mostly because I like a little bit of luxury when I get the chance. This particular location was nonexistent on the luxury scale. The room had not been cleaned very well. There was still trash in the trash can, and dead bugs on the counter. The bathtub did not drain while you were taking a shower. There was mold on the floor at the edge of the tub. Half of the electrical outlets didn't work.

The coup-de-gras, however, was on the morning of check out... Check out is by 11. This, to me, means that housekeeping should not even start making the rounds until 11:01. Evidently, we are not on the same page with that. (Not that they are cleaning very well anyway....)

Around 10:15, I had just gotten out of the shower, and my girlfriend had gotten in. I was standing out in the room drying off and getting my clothes together, to get dressed, when I hear the door beep and turn around in time to be face to face with housekeeping standing in my door way...the "Do Not Disturb" sign swinging on the outside door knob. I was completely naked and mortified!!! The man did not say I'm sorry or anything. He just stood there (for what seemed like 10 minutes, but probably wasn't even 10 seconds...).

I confronted the Front Desk clerk a few short minutes later, who told me he'd have to speak with his manager about giving me a full refund. His manager was suppose to call me Monday and did not. So I called Days Inn Customer Service and filed a complaint.

Very shortly he called my girlfriend back and tried to clear the matter with her. He was not going to give her a full refund, but he would give her a partial refund and a credit towards her next stay. (Are you KIDDING ME?!) After her temper finally started rising and she informed him that she would never be staying at his hotel again, he told her that he would have to call Expedia because that's who the room was booked through and he would credit Expedia, and Expedia would credit her. He then called her back and said she would have to call Expedia and do a 3 way call.

When she called Expedia (after holding forever), the representative from there had to put her on hold and call the hotel. When she came back to my girlfriend's call, she was pretty mad, herself, because the Hotel Manager had told her that my girlfriend agreed to a 50% refund. Which she did not.

As of right now, we are getting 50% back, but Expedia is opening a case against the hotel for the other 50%.

This hotel is horrible. The customer service at this hotel is horrible. It's 15 minutes from the beach, or longer with heavy traffic. There are closer hotels, and definitely better hotels. The only positive is the waffle maker in the continental breakfast...if you can get to it between the other guests who are so rude that they keep it tied up for 15 minutes even though everyone at their table already had one waffle each in front of them.

Avoid this hotel if at all possible!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
daysinnpensacolawest, Webmaster at Days Inn Pensacola West, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m sorry that we were not able to meet your needs on this occasion. While we have no record of any discussion about the more concerning comments you made about our staff, we still apologize if we fell short of your expectations in anyway. I’m glad Expedia is working with you for complete satisfaction. We satisfy hundreds of guests every month, but we understand and accept that some guests will not be satisfied, and we wish you well.

Hotel Manager

Been to Days Inn Pensacola West? Share your experiences!