“A Very Nice Stay - But Had to Leave Hungry!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of MainStay Suites Pensacola, FL

Save Saved
You added MainStay Suites Pensacola, FL to your Saves list
MainStay Suites Pensacola, FL
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7230 Plantation Road, Pensacola, FL 32504 (Formerly InnPlace Suites Pensacola)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #24 of 60 hotels in Pensacola
Grapevine, Texas
“A Very Nice Stay - But Had to Leave Hungry!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

I traveled to and from Dallas to Okeechobe Florida and stayed at the Main Stay Suites both times, on the weekend. This property used to be a Residence Inn, so not all the Main Stay Suites look like this one. I found the office staff, mainly Jordan, very nice. I stayed in room 412 both times with my two puppies. There was plenty of room for them to run and play. There were actual glasses, silverware and dinnerware. The only problem I found was that they don't begin breakfast until 7am on the weekends. When I went into the kitchen at 6:15a, the food was already prepared and just sitting in containers. While several workers who had to leave early for work or traveling, including me, didn't get the breakfast we paid for! This is not right and breakfast should be the same time everyday. The Main Stay is also hard to get to and I had to use my GPS to find the road. All in all, I would recommend it to anyone traveling with pets and those who like a residence-style room and amenities. If you are going to leave early on the weekend, be sure to check the breakfast times.

Room Tip: If you have puppies, ask for a room downstairs #412, it is closer to I-10, but we didn't hear an...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
MainStayPensacola, General Manager at MainStay Suites Pensacola, FL, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Thank you so much for staying with us at MainStay Suites in Pensacola, and thank you for the many kind things you reported about your stay. I am so sorry you had to leave without Breakfast. Our guests typically sleep in a little later on weekends so we schedule breakfast a half hour later. Please know for future reference that I always instruct the staff to let anyone help themselves to breakfast earlier as it is ready if the guest has to leave before breakfast starts. Please let me know if they DID NOT HONOR THAT REQUEST for you so I can find out exactly why.

Thank you again for being our guest and we hope to see you again real soon.

101 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Missouri City, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

I thought paying a little more for a hotel room while traveling with our dog would have given us a cleaner more comfortable overnight stay so that is why I chose this place. I also had read the prior reviews on Trip Advisor. The outside of this property appears in good condition. The property is located next door to a crematorium/funeral home if someone has a problem with that. Once our luggage etc was in the room I took a quick trip to the bathroom....first time getting toilet paper the holder fell off the wall....of course, my husband said that he would put it back on and skip mentioning it to the hotel. After dinner at a Mexican restaurant across the street, I took a bath....found that the hot water you had to turn the handle to cold. Got my jammies on to jump in bed and relax, pulled down the covers and there was blood on the sheets. My husband said awe just sleep on the other side - are you nuts! Called the front desk and a fella brought the change of sheets down and asked if I wanted the sheets changed...well of course...the blood wasn't from me had not shaved and am in my 60's. Then checking out the room more dust in the vents etc. Anyway, the bed was comfortable once changed. Would not stay here again. Food was ok. We paid $101. for the night with our 25.00 non-pet fee.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for being our guest recently at MainStay Suites in Pensacola. Let me please apologize for the points you listed that were not to your complete satisfaction. We usually get very good reviews here on Trip Advisor because Team MainStay really does care about having our guests wanting to return for future visits. We obviously dropped the ball in preparation for your arrival and for that I am truely sorry. If you will ever give us another chance if you return to Pensacola, and if you will call me directly for reservations, I wiil give you the very best rate available, and I will personally inspect your room before your arrival.

We appreciate your business and hope you will give un another chance.

tampa, fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

.....to write this review for fear this hotel will become so popular that when I go to Pensacola it will be sold out! From check-in to check-out the service and facility was great! The rooms are large and nicely appointed. I believe that the kitchen was recently re-done with new appliances and granite countertops. There is a range, refrigerator, dishwasher and build in microwave, so an extended family stay is more affordable. There is a loveseat that opens to a bed and a flatscreen TV. There is a large closet and a smaller closet by the entryway. Although the property is pet friendly, I found no odors and waste on the property. The breakfast area was clean and well stocked with hot food as well as beverages, breads, rolls, etc. The front desk staff was extremely helpful and the manager came out to greet us and be sure everything was to our liking. If there are any negatives I would have to say accessability from the interstate due to a troublesome median opposite their entrance. But traffic flow is such that a u-turn is permitted and access is easily gained that way. There is construction going on at an adjacent shopping center but it does not interfere with traffic. I will definitely plan on staying there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for staying with us at MainStay Suites in Pensacola. We really appreciate your kind comments. Knowing that you enjoyed your stay and that you will stay with us again makes the entire team here at MainStay very happy for a job well done.

If you will call us directly for your next reservation, I will do my best to get you the very best available rate.

Thank you again, and we can't wait for your return.

Weeki Wachee, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

We needed enough space for 2 adults, one teenager, 2 elementry, and one baby..this room gave us that. The Kitchenette was perfect. The rooms were clean. The staff was super nice! Location was 10 minutes form UWF so if your visiing your kiddo it is a great spot for the price..also 20-30 mon from everywhere! The Breakfast is a real breakfast which saved us about 35 bucks each morning. The pool area was clean..although you have to bring back old towels for new..or just bring your own beach towels. Granted they do have the signs about the cost but it is ten minutes from a college and the rate is cheap. There were some kids carrying on but we couldnt hear them in our room..but I would imagine any of the hotels over there would have this issue..I will definatly use this hotel again.

Room Tip: It is an extended stay so you have to call if you want beds made and garbage picked up.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for staying with us at MainStay Suites in Pensacola. I am so glad our spacious rooms work well for your large family. We really appreciate your kind comments. Knowing that you enjoyed your stay and that you will stay with us again makes the entire team here at MainStay very happy for a job well done.

Thank you again, and we can't wait for your return.

850-393-8433 cell
Spring Hill, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

This review is my opinion only, was there this weekend was not overly pleased. Room smelled very musty, just did not appear to have been really cleaned well. Bathroom had alot of mold on the tiles and grout(gross) found 2 bugs in the room, kitchen floor was sticky, staff not overly friendly. Hotel off off I-75 but on some desolate road.

• Stayed September 2012
MainStayPensacola, Manager at MainStay Suites Pensacola, FL, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
I appreciate that you chose MainStay Suites in Pensacola BUT regret that the stay was not to your complete satisfaction. With all of the renovations we have completed with NEW CARPET, STAINLESS STEEL APPLIANCES, BEDDING, 37" FLAT PANEL HDTVs, ect...we are sorry that your impression was not better. In response to your mention of the musty smell, I am dispatching my maintenance crew to do a thorough check. Pensacola has experienced RECOR RAINFALL over the last several months. We have also experienced heavy occupancy. With a seasonal lull, we are now getting in to all of the rooms and will investigate the smell you mentioned. I AM really troubled to hear your comment on staff not overly friendly...as MANY OF OUR GREAT PREVIOUS REVIEWS specify HOW FRIENDLY THE STAFF IS at MainStay. I would appreciate if you will call me so we can discuss specific staff members. I want to also offer you a good discount on a return visit if you will give us another chance.

Thank you again for being our guest and for your comments...WE WANT YOU BACK.

Sincerely.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

Beautiful place, called ahead and reserved after long day of driving.
Staff on and on about what you can and can't take from room....must have a big problem up here..

Get to room and another big sign about the price of iron,toaster...etc if you steal...

Get to breakfast and ask for ice...the told my wife, that's why they have ice in your room!

Daughter accidentally used real plate instead of styrofoam used for the breakfast Buffett, tried to give to front desk person, who was counting money and ignoring me.

Left it on the counter and after she finished counting Vanessa yelled across dining area, is this your plate...

Nice place, need more professionally trained staff

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Bed was a comfy king, bathroom was adequate (not as nice as rest of the room) and the location wasn't bad. 30 min avg from Pensacola Beach, grounds were well kept, room was clean and free of smells which is rare for pet rooms, and we all felt well rested the next day. Staff was super polite and helpful! :)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
MainStayPensacola, Manager at MainStay Suites Pensacola, FL, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Thank you for being our guest at MainStay Suites in Pensacola. We really appreciate the kind comments you reported on our behalf. The nice review you gave us REALLY excites TEAM MAINSTAY and lets them know that their hard work does not go un-noticed.

We hope that you will consider us again if your future travels point you at Pensacola. Please feel free to call us directly for reservations and we will gladly fill you in on fun things to do in the Pensacola Bay Area....like the upcoming DeLuna Fest, Pensacola Seafood Fest, and the Great Gulf Coast Arts Fest...JUST TO NAME A FEW !

Thank you again.

Sincerely.

850-479-1000

Been to MainStay Suites Pensacola, FL? Share your experiences!