Stayed at Mainstay for 2 days and 2 nights in early June 2012. Check in was at 3 but was able to check in early at 1 pm without a fee. Staff was nice. Had to climb a short staircase to the second floor which was our room. 4 condos, 2 on top and 2 on the bottom. The room did not smell musty. It could use some dusting on top of the cabinets and the ceiling fans. It could use some fresh painting and carpet (red drink stain at the base of the stairs). The room was what we expected and what it said on the website. It was near the service road a major concern while shopping on-line but not a problem at all throughout the stay and it was Myself, my sister and our 4 kids all minors. I did not feel unsafe at all, despite the lighting being a little dark for my taste at night. The room was a king, queen, and full sofa sleeper. All the beds were comfortable except for the sofa sleeper but the kids did not complain much about it. None of the beds had bedbugs, I checked. It was a loft style, condo-like room. The queen bed was upstairs in the loft area overlooking the kitchen and living room areas. It had a full bath. The king bed was downstairs with it's own private full bath and doors for privacy to the living room area. The bathrooms and kitchen counters had granite and the cabinets were painted black. The appliances were stainless steel. The living room area had a fireplace. Both the living room area and the two bedrooms had a 32"-42" flatscreen t.v.'s in each room. The kitchen had utensils and cooking utensils, but no pots and pans. You will need dish washing liquid and towels also. No room service because it is an extended stay hotel, thus you had to carry your dirty towels to the front office daily to get fresh ones. We didn't start out with enough face towels or bath towels for everyone, but they did give us a few. It seemed to be an issue when I tried to explain my reasoning to the front desk, whenever I brought towels to the desk, so I just left it alone. Again no room service so make sure you take out your own trash. The hot tub and pool were nice but the hot tub was small. The kids enjoyed them both. One parking lot away from our rental, so we couldn't keep an eye on the car but it was fine. Breakfast was from 6-9 am I think but we didn't take advantage of it cause we were too tired. The hotel is close to a movie theater, a mall that is being renovated, (Bennigan's right next door was being remodeled) some restaurants, and the interstate. It was about a 30 min drive from Pensacola Beach and the Naval Museum that we visited. Overall it was a great experience. $130 per night not bad for Mommie's on a Budget!
- Also Known As:
- Mainstay Suites Pensacola, Fl Hotel
- Mainstay Suites Pensacola, Fl Hotel Pensacola
- Residence Inn Pensacola
- Pensacola Residence Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome Home to MainStay Suites, Pensacola, Florida. All Suite types (Single King, Double, Penthouse, and Executive) feature fully equipped kitchens, free local calls, free high speed wireless internet, hot breakfast each morning in the gatehouse, sparkling pool with hot tub, fitness center, and the area's only in-room fireplaces. We are conveniently and centrally located near I-10 and I-110 at exit 13(Davis Highway); close to Univ. of West FL, West FL and Sacred Heart Hospitals, University, and Cordova Malls, and just minutes from Downtown, Pensacola Beaches, and Pensacola NAS and the Naval Aviation Museum. WE have Great Nightly and Extended Stay rates and are honored to offer special discounts for our heroes in the armed forces. Check us out on facebook at MainStay Suites Pensacola, Florida. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Expedia, Choice Hotels, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your MainStay Suites Pensacola, FL reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.